Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Cool Trumps approval rises and holds at 40%

"Despite a flurry of late-summer activity, from hurricane relief to violent clashes in Charlottesville to immigration policy changes to North Korean threats, President Trump's approval rating is holding fairly steady around 40 percent, according to a pair of new polls released Wednesday.

Thirty-seven percent of Americans say they approve of the president's job performance in a new Gallup poll, while 56 percent say they disapprove. And in an Economist/YouGov survey, the president's approval rating among registered voters stood at 42 percent, and his disapproval rating stood at 54 percent.
    President Trump visits Texas, Louisiana to meet with Harvey victims
    Play Video
    President Trump visits Texas, Louisiana to meet with Harvey victims

For comparison's sake, in the latest CBS News poll, released early last month, 36 percent of Americans said they approve of Mr. Trump's job performance, while 58 percent disagreed.

In the Economist/YouGov poll, the president received relatively high marks for his response to Hurricane Harvey, which recently left a trail of destruction across Texas and Louisiana. Fifty-five percent of respondents said they approve, either strongly or somewhat, of Mr. Trump's response to Harvey. Only 29 percent said they disapprove.

Respondents were split more evenly in their evaluation of Mr. Trump's response to recent provocations from North Korea, which claimed last weekend that it successfully tested its first-ever hydrogen bomb and has conducted several missile tests in recent months. Thirty-nine percent said they approve of the president's handling of the situation, while 43 percent said they disapprove.

The Economist poll surveyed 1,500 Americans (1,309 of whom were registered voters) between September 3 and 5, and it has a margin of error of plus or minus three percent. The Gallup poll surveyed 1,500 Americans between September 3 and 5, and it also has a margin of error of plus or minus three percent."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/polls-t...ar-40-percent/

I am very pleases to see people are warming up to our great President!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay Endus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice, we're trusting polls again.
    Eat yo vegetables

I love that the Trump fanboys are cheering on a net approval/disapproval rating of -15%.

Considering Trump started with 45% approval, this is bad for him.

And the title is also wrong, but considering the OP it's normal for him to mislead. It's not at 40%, but near 40. At the time of your article the average of current polls was 38%. But with yesterday's Gallup added in the average is at 37%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

In comparison if you look at every president going back to Kennedy they all had 11%+ more approval than Trump at this time. Only person tied in approval was Gerald Ford and we all know how his re-election went.

Haha, enjoy him just being pathetically terrible at his highpoint.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Still in line with the downward trend. Look at aggregate polls, not a single poll. Which also state that his approval is below 40% still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's round that approval rating up and make a thread.

Polls are not accurate!

Polls are the most accurate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Damn OP I guess this didn't go like you were hoping xD

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Let's round that approval rating up and make a thread.
    Technically, it's 40% because of error, so we can just add in 10% for all the illegal poll takers that were polled, plus another 10% because of bias, and really, Trump's real approval rating is 126%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Who gives a fuck about polls? Will polls remove Trump from office? Did polls stop Trump from being elected?

Polls are bullshit - anyone who bases their opinions on polls is easily duped

/inbefore you don't understand how polling works, take a statistics course, blah blah blah - bullshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Who gives a fuck about polls?
    Intelligent people use the results of polls intelligently.

Will polls remove Trump from office?
    Polls contribute as part of a number of good indicators of when he'll be removed.

Did polls stop Trump from being elected?
    No.

Who gives a fuck about polls?
    Trump. Trump does. Very much.

Polls are bullshit - anyone who bases their opinions on polls is easily duped
    I agree, because that's not what polls do. Polls don't provide opinions, they are an indicator of opinions. And many more people have the opinion that Trump sucks than think he's competent. For obvious reasons.

/inbefore you don't understand how polling works, take a statistics course, blah blah blah - bullshit
    And yet if Trump was polling at 60% approval you'd be crowing about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    And yet if Trump was polling at 60% approval you'd be crowing about it.
    Wrong - I would not give a flying fuck about it, just like I didn't when they were so heavily in favor of HRC during the election. Trump could be polling at 100% and I would still not care one bit. I support him, regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    37 is closer to 35 than 40.

Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in Trumper land 40% is good?

I am so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post

I am so confused.
    I believe the point of OP is that his approval had risen. I hope that clears things up for you.

OT. I bet it drops after the hurricane(s).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Technically, it's 40% because of error, so we can just add in 10% for all the illegal poll takers that were polled, plus another 10% because of bias, and really, Trump's real approval rating is 126%.
    OMG that had me laughing so hard. Well done. /salute

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I believe the point of OP is that his approval had risen. I hope that clears things up for you.
    But the point of the majority of others is that the OP is lying. Just to clear that up.

OT. I bet it drops after the hurricane(s).
    No bet - I think you're right.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong - I would not give a flying fuck about it, just like I didn't when they were so heavily in favor of HRC during the election. Trump could be polling at 100% and I would still not care one bit. I support him, regardless.
    Just as a heads up - polls aren't "in favor" of anyone - they just report their results. Which weren't, in case you ever decide to care about reality, wrong about the election. You just don't understand math/statistics - which is why you continue to be confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, 37% is not 40%.

Second of all, that same Gallup is already down to 36%.

Misleading title becomes false title. Sorry, but Trump really is so unpopular, that people have to lie about him going up to 40%, and even then, they are proud of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post

I am so confused.
    It would be good for him, if he was actually there. He is not. But that's what it comes to: Twitler's rabid fanbase are cheering for news that he's at 40%, even if they have to lie to get there.