Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do find it weird how all the scorn is heaped at Shkreli (not that I like that smug prick in the slightest), when it was Wu Tang that decided to make ONE album. and why the fuck are members of the Wu getting pissed off over this? they got what they wanted, you got your money fuckers. YOU'RE the ones that wanted this to be super exclusive, you don't get to pick and choose who buys your product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I do find it weird how all the scorn is heaped at Shkreli (not that I like that smug prick in the slightest), when it was Wu Tang that decided to make ONE album. and why the fuck are members of the Wu getting pissed off over this? they got what they wanted, you got your money fuckers. YOU'RE the ones that wanted this to be super exclusive, you don't get to pick and choose who buys your product.
    Yeah seriously. Shkreli is a huge douchebag in all other aspects but in this one instance took two to tango and Wu Tang are just as fucked for doing this. At least Method Man said something about it

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    No. He isn't. And yes, if he wanted to buy it, he had to sign it. Anyone who wanted to buy it had to agree to certain conditions. So again, it was up to the artists and it's their decision to decide who gets to experience their art and in what way.
    Don't be like that, you know exactly what I mean.
    They didn't force him to sign the contract as in they didn't put a gun to his head and forced him buy the album. He could just not buy the piece.

If they sell slaves at the market, buyers are as guilty as the sellers. If you buy one, you can't say, im innocent, they were up for sales, what could I do but to sign the sales contract ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Doesn't mean he's not a huge piece of shit.
    He is, he definitely is, but dude has a ton of points, makes me think hes autistic honestly.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    people dislike Shkreli because he holds a mirror up to the world's hypocrisy.
    I dislike Shkreli because he's an unapologetic scumbag with one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen....that picture in the OP shows it off quite nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    On top of being a shitty person he over paid for crappy music by $1.999.990.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I'm not sure why you're comparing slavery to buying exclusive art. You're essentially trying to argue that it's wrong of someone to make some art and not let anyone else experience it. I don't see how that's wrong in the first place. Regardless, the buyer isn't wrong in anyway since that's how it was going to be no matter what.
    We can argue on why making a piece of music exclusive to one person is not putting value behind it ( which would subsequently mean that he is wrong).

As for
    buyer isn't wrong in anyway since that's how it was going to be no matter what.
    , one cannot justify an action on the grounds of "someone else would have done it anyways".
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    On top of being a shitty person he over paid for crappy music by $1.999.990.

You have to pay me to listen to that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    RZA is a fucking genius producer but this whole one copy album shit was fucking stupid. Also Shkreli calling Ghostface Killah stupid when he's famous for his clever storytelling raps and Shkreli is famous for being a fucking vulture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post

You have to pay me to listen to that shit.
    Hahaha touché, had to go all French on you, and yeah I am guessing reality is going to hit this idiot on the resale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    RZA is a fucking genius producer but this whole one copy album shit was fucking stupid. Also Shkreli calling Ghostface Killah stupid when he's famous for his clever storytelling raps and Shkreli is famous for being a fucking vulture.
    Money moves everything around me $$$, guess I am the only one that listened.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    I don't see what he did wrong.
    Fraud lots of fraud... that's what he did wrong.

Deleted
    Literally who and what.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people supporting shkreli must like bring robbed. If you pay for health insurance, or pay taxes into a public health system he took money from you indirectly.

If the action is already bad for some reason sure, but I still fail to see how it's wrong of the band to choose how they want to sell their art. I never said making it exclusive to one person doesn't put value behind it, that's not even relevant. I'm no t sure why that's wrong of them.
    I didn't say you did, I said we can discuss this part, while the rest of your comment was just objectively wrong.
    The guy claimed by purchasing the art he tried to "put some real value into it", while that clearly was not his intent. Meanwhile as we see, this piece actually lost most of its monetary value after the purchase, so he was wrong on all accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Only reason why I don't like him is his face. His face is punchable as fuck. Is what he did douchey? Sure. But why hate him for it? Water is a necessity, shelter is a necessity, food is a necessity, clothes are a necessity, etc. There's prices on all of those, and some prices are absurdly marked up as well.
    And do you think the people who marked up those prices are in the right?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    He is, he definitely is, but dude has a ton of points, makes me think hes autistic honestly.
    ive thought that too... he's extremely smart but he doesn't care what society thinks of him. seems to not care about emotional responces...

TBH ive always said that people with aspergers are the perfect future for human survival.. having low IO scores makes someone with aspergers basically robotic they only take the facts into account and leave out all the emotional nonsense. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if trump was on the spectrum too... Its the emotional response that leads to think like DACA and shit. when feeling sorry for someone shouldn't have any play in passing laws.

Deleted
    needs money for commissary in the can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    needs money for commissary in the can.
    Well according to him he is well off and several businesses he is part of are doing fantastic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Hate the game, not the player.
    That's honestly such a ridiculous phrase. You know, the "game" is that you can murder people. You can do it. That's the "game". So, don't hate murderers, is basically what you're saying.

Just because one is able to do something, doesn't mean one should do it. And yeah, we should abso-fucking-lutely hate the "players".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Honestly? Who gives a fuck? People put a lot of shit on eBay for the most stupid prices.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't think Wu Tang could even pay me enough to listen to their "music".
    Then you're missing out.

Enter the 36 chambers is one of the greatest recordings of all time. And its a debut.