Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You cannot force someone to do something with what they own that they simply do not want to do. As much as I dissaprove of homophobic asshats, if they want to make their beliefs open to everyone by refusing a gay couple service, by all means go ahead.

I'm quite certain there is more than one person in the US that can make a cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I have zero faith in humanity.
    Yet you believe people cant be racist in large numbers, how naive are you?

But i really doubt you can find a case where a person was starving because no one in the entire CITY would sell them anything.
    Hard to do when those laws do exist now in the US and other western countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    You cannot force someone to do something with what they own that they simply do not want to do. As much as I dissaprove of homophobic asshats, if they want to make their beliefs open to everyone by refusing a gay couple service, by all means go ahead.

I'm quite certain there is more than one person in the US that can make a cake.
    Yes, you can, they are called 'laws'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    So private businesses can put signs up saying "No blacks" then?
    Absolutely. And then its up to us not to shop/eat/or whatever else in their establishment.

They will change their own rule, or more than likely just go out of business.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly there aren't any of those laws seeing as the baker just did it and got away with it, with the support of the Justice Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    And that my friend is intolerance of anothers views

Affectionately known as...........

"drum roll"

BIGOTRY!
    I have already said that everyone is a bigot. I happen to be bigoted against homophobes, authoritarians, and people who hurt their pets.

That guy just happens to be bigoted against gay people.

I still don't understand why a gay couple would want to give money to someone who is opposed to them getting married. Are these cakes really that good?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Oh yes, Machismo "I love slavery" Schmo and his usual stuck up "I don't have a problem, so it's impossible for you to have a problem too".
    Can you point out where I support such things?

I'm pretty sure I have stated I am against it many times in the past.

Good. No one should be forced to offer his services to anyone, regardless of his reasoning for not too. If anything, he harms his bussiness that way himself by making bad PR or whatever. People who started this lawsuit are immature.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sk00ps View Post
    That shit SJWs used to dogpile up on small business owners for not representing them will be shot down by the Supreme Court.

https://archive.fo/tBOF8
    Simple solution. Refuse service to Christian Zealots.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    And that includes the colour of someones skin? Their race? Their ethnicity?

Should shopkeepers be able to refuse to sell goods to women? How about teens? What if he didn't want to sell to Jews?

Baking a cake is not a sin. There is no morality involved. It is a service. Baking a cake is not anti-Christian. So what part of his faith would he be "breaking" if he made this cake? He is denying these people a service he offers to all.
    Yes, all of those things should be on the table. It's not about sin, it's about what someone wants to do on his own property.

The guy who didn't want to bake the cake is a shitty human being and clearly a homophobe. I find his actions repugnant. That doesn't mean I want to force him to act the way I would have behaved.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-09-09 at 01:07 PM.

Take away gay people's freedom in the name of liberty. There's nothing better than some good ol' human decency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    Absolutely. And then its up to us not to shop/eat/or whatever else in their establishment.

They will change their own rule, or more than likely just go out of business.
    go fuck yourself you hatefull little shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Good. No one should be forced to offer his services to anyone, regardless of his reasoning for not too. If anything, he harms his bussiness that way himself by making bad PR or whatever. People who started this lawsuit are immature.
    Yeah we need more 'No blacks' signs up in shops.

I still don't understand why someone would want to patron a business who doesn't want to serve you for prejudice reasons. This whole situation just seems like they were trying to bitch slap the bakery for not kissing their asses.

That being said I agree with the court's ruling. Private businesses should have the right to refuse service for whatever reason they want. If the community the business is in disagrees with the actions of the business then it's up to them to not shop with them. If they lose enough business they'll either change their view points on it or go out of business. If they keep getting business then the community is fine with the business owners rights.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Take away gay people's freedom in the name of liberty. There's nothing better than some good ol' human decency.
    Their freedom wasn't taken. They weren't disallowed to seek another baker to make the damn cake.

Yeah we need more 'No blacks' signs up in shops.
    Those shops would be out of bussiness rather soon. Not many people like racists.
    Last edited by randomnamegenerator16; 2017-09-09 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I still don't understand why someone would want to patron a business who doesn't want to serve you for prejudice reasons. This whole situation just seems like they were trying to bitch slap the bakery for not kissing their asses.

That being said I agree with the court's ruling. Private businesses should have the right to refuse service for whatever reason they want. If the community the business is in disagrees with the actions of the business then it's up to them to not shop with them. If they lose enough business they'll either change their view points on it or go out of business. If they keep getting business then the community is fine with the business owners rights.
    FUCK YOU

Do you know how long non whites campaigned to not be discriminating against? And you'd like shops to be able to refuse them service.

Make them sit at the back of a bus, have different drinking fountains?

You are a fucking cunt of the highest order.

Fuck off back to the 1950s

(Infracted) ~ Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-09 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Where did you get that i believe people cant be racist in large numbers?
    This is the second absurd assumption you have made in the last few minutes.
    You might want to take a step back and stop with these silly claims because they make you sound like a child.

Back to the topic, i do believe private business should be able to decline whatever customer for whatever reason.
    As a customer i dont want to do business with someone who despises me to the point of losing profit because of their phobias.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Their freedom wasn't taken. They weren't disallowed them to seek another baker to make the damn cake.

Those shops would be out of bussiness rather soon. Not many people like racists.
    Lol have you seen the news recently?

FUCK YOU, you have a different viewpoint than I do.
    Sorry but if you're going to cuss me out for having a different viewpoint than yours I can't take you seriously.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The younger generations of today seem completely oblivious to how they're becoming extremists with their points of view - and then they wonder why Antifa keeps growing larger and more violent.

Something tells me this might take another Lincoln and a civil war again.

(Is the US' lackluster educational system to blame?)
    Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Sorry but if you're going to cuss me out for having a different viewpoint than yours I can't take you seriously.
    I don't give a shit about racist's view points. So fuck off. Though there are not many apartheid countries left for you to fuck off too, fortunately.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-09-09 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I've a hard time telling whether what you're saying is:

A) A different point of view

or

B) Nazi propaganda

I'm not even kidding or trying to bait and flame with this. I'm usually pretty reluctant to call anyone 'nazis', but I'm recognizing a very dangerous rhetoric in your line of reasoning.
    He saying that as a racist fuck, he can't take other view points seriously. We already know this about most racists.