Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is Hatuun an arse to Velen?

When we first meet Hatuun he's an arse to Velen about leaving Argus and how he should die etc BUT in Mac'Aree flashback it shows Hatuun willingly staying behind so Velen can escape so WTF

I think he expected that Velen would return sooner with an Army, not run away for 25.000 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me the suggestion is that he stays behind to allow Velen to escape, regroup and then fight back, not disappear for millennia leaving the survivors to suffer the horror of the Legion.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

7+ Year Old Account
    I would assume Eons of surviving the last stand and suffering on a dying world watching your friends getting killed/changing allegiances would make someone become a tiny bit miffed.

Its kinda redicilus that the burning legion cant even stamp out resistance at a world they conquered over 25 000 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Its kinda redicilus that the burning legion cant even stamp out resistance at a world they conquered over 25 000 years ago...
    They are not really that much of a resistance, more like runaway slaves.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    They dont need to stamp out whatever resistance is on Argus, they werent a threat until "we" arrived with the potential to stop the corruption of the Titan souls.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    They dont need to stamp out whatever resistance is on Argus, they werent a threat until "we" arrived with the potential to stop the corruption of the Titan souls.
    yea.. not really man. An infinite amount of demons had an "infinite" amount of time to crush the resistance but failed because the resistance made tunnels. It strikes me as just another shitty Blizzard plot point

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    yea.. not really man. An infinite amount of demons had an "infinite" amount of time to crush the resistance but failed because the resistance made tunnels. It strikes me as just another shitty Blizzard plot point
    Well, on the one hand you're pretty right. But arguably to vastly powerful, immortal beings like those in the Legion--and especially to gods like the reconstituted Titans--the surviving Draenei/Broken probably looked like little more than the Marsuuls look to us. Little critters hiding in crags. They had bigger fish to fry.

'Resistance'... They were nothing more than slaves for them.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    You are making a supposition that the Legion even cares that some escaped slaves and pockets of resistance are even worth their time. In a tactical sense it is a waste of time when the bigger picture is to corrupt the captured Titan souls. The "Broken" on Argus and even the Army of Light weren't capable of stopping the larger plans the Dark Titan has so why dedicate resources (even if they are infinite) when if your plan succeeds all the Heroes of Creation would be wiped out in one fell swoop.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me the suggestion is that he stays behind to allow Velen to escape, regroup and then fight back, not disappear for millennia leaving the survivors to suffer the horror of the Legion.
    Pretty much.
    Velen begged the Naaru to return but at that point it was essentially out of his hands.

By the time they could have gone back, the Legion was so entrenched that it would have been suicidal. Hatuun's bitterness prevents him from recognizing that.

- - - Updated - - -

You are making a supposition that the Legion even cares that some escaped slaves and pockets of resistance are even worth their time. In a tactical sense it is a waste of time when the bigger picture is to corrupt the captured Titan souls. The "Broken" on Argus and even the Army of Light weren't capable of stopping the larger plans the Dark Titan has so why dedicate resources (even if they are infinite) when if your plan succeeds all the Heroes of Creation would be wiped out in one fell swoop.
    Yup, just like Archi not giving a hoot about the crown piece b/c it's too weak on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Well, on the one hand you're pretty right. But arguably to vastly powerful, immortal beings like those in the Legion--and especially to gods like the reconstituted Titans--the surviving Draenei/Broken probably looked like little more than the Marsuuls look to us. Little critters hiding in crags. They had bigger fish to fry.
    Sounds like the plot to a terrible sci-fi movie.....

Battlefield Earth anyone?

Deleted
    because his had 25,000 years of being trapped in the closest thing to Warcraft has to hell. Velen buggered off to countless worlds and did....nothing. Hatuun's sacrifice meant nothing for the millennia only after Velen personally lost his child did he do something. Velens a douche.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    because his had 25,000 years of being trapped in the closest thing to Warcraft has to hell. Velen buggered off to countless worlds and did....nothing. Hatuun's sacrifice meant nothing for the millennia only after Velen personally lost his child did he do something. Velens a douche.
    His sacrifice did mean something though

Deleted
    Even in a human war you would not waste time fighting the little obstacles, you fight the biggest ones first so that the smallest ones fall with it.

something about Velen not saving Hatuun's family
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Even in a human war you would not waste time fighting the little obstacles, you fight the biggest ones first so that the smallest ones fall with it.
    That's not entirely true. Especially when we are talking about our current one with insurgents (insurgent war/warfare) and the 4-2=6 theory... but you're right in this situation. Jusy As someone who's in the army and my current job position involves military tactics, it's stressed that not every situation can be fixed with "cutting off the head of the snake" strategy..but I digress.

Legion thinks of them as ants. Probably even less. Shoot, maybe thry let them be around because they are useful for there souls for spells and rituals. Who tf knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    When we first meet Hatuun he's an arse to Velen about leaving Argus and how he should die etc BUT in Mac'Aree flashback it shows Hatuun willingly staying behind so Velen can escape so WTF
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=267
    same concept

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    something about Velen not saving Hatuun's family
    Wait when was his family killed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Yeah but he expected to die.... Kinda devalues his sacrifice if he expected saving