Poll: Would you like WG to come back to wow?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quite enjoyed it. Particularly enjoyed the big shit shows right out side the door of the capture point.

Deleted
    Faction changed to our servers dead alliance side at the end of wotlk, soloing 40man raids in WG with full stacks of tenacity as an affli lock. Man that shit was fun.

Deleted
    Uneven games, vehicle garbage gameplay, lag, reward was free loot. I don't miss it

Not at all. I miss Tol Barad and Ashran more than I miss WG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the Wintergrasp battles but I don't wish to see it remade.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Like others I do miss WG, you know it was pvp but it never felt like "pvp" really to me, and of course VoA was the main incentive to do it for us raiders. But it was still fun manning tanks or batteries and shooting at other players trying to take or keep the fort. TB just didn't have that same element of fun since it was just a capture the base type of deal.

Deleted
    it was fun, and i liked the music and atmosphere, now its sad to go there and listen to the music when it is empty and pointless now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp was so much fun! loved the zone! love the music! loved the pvp!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i think they should rotate World PVP into weekly events
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

No. The issue with Wintergrasp was that it hinged on vehicle warfare. So many matches lost because idiots would steal the siege tanks and then dick around trying to kill enemy players with them instead of attacking the keep walls.

"Siege vehicles/bases" PvP was a failed experiment and I am very glad Blizzard has never tried their hand at it again.

I honestly enjoyed Wintergrasp.

Especially it's music.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    If they could actually have their vehicles keep up with people's gear, it would be great as a queue-able BG.
    This is pretty true. But I loved the area to play in. To me it was a classic snow battleground area... Always lived up to my expectations.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Loved Wintergrasp, it was fun. It was really cool when you had no one else on your team and got that +20 buff and were effectively a raid boss to the other team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best battleground Blizzard ever devised.

Anyone with any caliber of PvP gear or knowledge could contribute. Incentives for factions to WANT to win. Battles that employed strategy on a massive scale.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'd be fine with something like it coming back. I loved it, especially the music. I still go there at times to feel the nostalgia for a while.

I wouldn't be fine with the world being stripped of world bosses and plunked into an instance over it though. Sorry, I'll always prefer seeing hundreds of people waiting on a world boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I really don't. I feel like it was a great idea- just poor execution.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Probably my favorite world pvp zone to date and I still have some memorable times. Thematically it was also cool using siege weapons to assault a fortress. Rewards sucked just some crappy gear from the vendor, a raid, the best reward was probably the farming rights to the more powerful elementals.

Tol Barad was pretty mediocre; just a bg turned into a world pvp zone but did have better rewards with the associated reputation.

Then theres Ashran... Yeah dont know if I have anything nice to say about this one besides the gladiator sanctum titles were cool but frankly those should just be accound wide achievements not tied to a garrison building. They tried to carry it into Legion as you can still queue for it but its even worse now.

I loved Wintergrasp and TB but having the raid locked behind winning was a little bit of a pain in the but.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    I loved Wintergrasp and TB but having the raid locked behind winning was a little bit of a pain in the but.
    I think it ensured that EVERYONE cared about it... not just PvPers, but raiders as well. It gave more people a reason to care about the outcome of each round.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I did like the battles quite a bit, though once people had a 6800 GS or so it was mostly pointless.
    I am sure it was fun being on a server that outnumbered the other faction almost 5 to 1. Having been on that same server then I can say WG was awful. Sure you were a killing machine with the stupid buff, but you couldn't take buildings since it was based on numbers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."