Poll: Is this GM a Hypocrite in YOUR opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yes, I realized I contradicted myself. Still, I believe that context matters, artistic licence being one aspect of that.
    Before we go off-topic; I have no intention to defend the Seal Cub Clubbing Club, though I find it hilariously unique and funny and therefore would condone this and the quest, but this debate is whether Blizzard sometimes applies double standards. Both names are crude and funny at the same time. One is provided more context by their quest contents, but at face value they are equal. To me, that's the end of the discussion, since this is about names and their legality. Twogender does not imply the player has two genders. It's simply a jest.

In the larger scheme of things (tin foil hat, though slowly crawling to reality), it's part of an increasing movement across the internet, by major companies, to reduce the amount of offensive content (obviously guarded by people that are ultra-left). I don't find it odd that he was forced to rename by Blizz, but I am surprised by the (temp?) ban. That mostly triggers me to suggest that GM's have individual standards.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    There are no gender identity politics. There are 2 sexes and that's all. But then, why did you expect from leftist motherfuckers like Blizzard? Obey!
    Yeah, it's pretty annoying this is a thing, but due to that, those politics exist now. We live in an age where we even support the ultra-retards, out of fear of hurting others' feelings. I believe Google calls it micro-aggression. I cried a little.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2017-09-11 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Accent was on "players to figure out by themselves". Also, from same quest line

It rather sounds like she is returning to her love and then says "Go speak to Illanya" like she is someone else and not that love. And in quests before that, no where is being directly said "I'll return to my love, Illanya" or "Go to my love, fallen priestess" in any way. So as I thought, players see what they want to see.
    Fine fine, there are no gays in WoW, have it your way. Your safe space is secured.

Fine fine, there are gays in WoW, have it your way. Gays are everywhere. I'm gay even if I don't accept that I'm gay. I get it totally.
    Maybe not gay, but I might be lesbian. Definitely lesbian. (Nice safe on the edit).
    Last edited by Vespian; 2017-09-11 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Noone gives a fuck if there are gays or whatnot in wow. I don't see why you feel the need to inform us of how you like to have sex. You don't matter your choices don't matter stop flashing them and demand to be accepted by people who don't care. Im a fucking robot you see me telling anyone? Oh wait I just did. I still haven't told you how robots fuck but you sure are eager to tell us how you do it.
    Actually I'm heterosexual as fuck, maybe you should not chime in on topics at the end? :P To be honest, I don't even know why it's being discussed in this thread though, hah! I didn't start.

As I said before noone's sexual orientation matters to anyone esp not in a game. I find the GM ridiculous I find the whole conversation ridiculous its just the price we have to pay for living in an offended PC society.

P.S. I think robots come from eggs but not sure.
    Yes, everyone is quick to be offended these days, even Europe is starting to mainstream this previously mostly American attitude. Can't go anywhere in anything without people being offended by your presence. It's super scary how Google is actively working on suppressing our unintended biases. Fuck me, unintended biases are now offensive per definition.

Being offended is a choice, but instead of educating people that way, we support the professionally offended, by creating more and more precedents in which we are unable to apply our freedom (of speech). In fact, it won't be long before we're all required to be robots, because any individuality is a micro-aggression. Oh joy.

Deleted
    Normally dev response to anything by blizzard is arrogant as hell. One of the many reasons why I prefer FFXIV. But in this case: Why the eff would you even name your character Twogender. It's definitely not just a random name you picked. Some go for lore friendly names. Some pick a wow character and add odd letters here and there or go with other fantasy names. Or you can just pick IRL names and go with Steve or some shit. But there is no goddman reason you would call your character twogender unless you just wanted to say: There are only two genders and screw anyone who thinks otherwise.

And even if it weren't offensive it is a pretty shitty name. Neither lore friendly or funny or creative. Or even a name.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-09-11 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    When you are a robot lets hang out.

Jokes aside, what that GM did shows what a scared society we are building for us. We curtail freedoms to secure someone not being "offended". For what benefit? Blizzard thinks it will save subscriptions. Seriously though they need to educate their staff to avoid stupid blunders like that.
    On the one hand you are correct. On the other hand when it takes zero effort to come up with a non offensive name, tolerance should be quite low. You can believe anything you want, but advertising it in a platform frequented by millions isn't okay. Simple as that.

When you start the game you can make a MALE toon or a FEMALE toon.
    Please don't confuse the literal bit of a character in an online game, limited by technology, with the complex architecture of the human mind.
    You don't have to agree with how others see themselves, and there are certainly individuals that abuse this controversy to garner attention, but an obvious attempt to portray your opinion on this in a PG12 multiplayer game can only lead to admin action.
    Ironically, on the same basis, names like "Genderfluid" or "Attackhelico" would be forbidden, too, but no, let's focus on a troll of the other side being "oppressed".
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-09-11 at 11:17 AM. Reason: derp, why did I think the name length was 16?

10+ Year Old Account
    It stinks of immaturity, it's provoking a reaction for the sake of it - to then try to argue extensively that Blizzard is some sort of Nazi enforcer.

It's like wearing a body sign that says "I hate niggers" in a black neighbourhood and assuming you didn't die, being locked up to then complain about an oppressive regime and freedom of speech.

Basically, said person should stop acting like a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    It stinks of immaturity, it's provoking a reaction for the sake of it - to then try to argue extensively that Blizzard is some sort of Nazi enforcer.

It's like wearing a body sign that says "I hate niggers" in a black neighbourhood and assuming you didn't die, being locked up to then complain about an oppressive regime and freedom of speech.

Basically, said person should stop acting like a cunt.
    But the race issue is a real thing and goes against the TOS, the gender issue is just a few drooling retards ... and doesn't go against the TOS. He's technically right...

Had to edit because there is always someone who will get picky over it and pretend like they did not understand. Not sure why I am even being nice to correct that.
    I know, I still laughed

The player was obviously trolling with the name.

On top of that, it could be seen as a political statement, which isn't allowed either.

The GM did what he should have, plain and simple. Just like if someone made a toon named SixtyThreeGenders (even though its too long :P), they should get in trouble as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    But the race issue is a real thing and goes against the TOS, the gender issue is just a few drooling retards ... and doesn't go against the TOS. He's technically right...
    Some are attracted to the same gender, some want to switch genders, some are unsure about their gender, what's so difficult about that? Sure, it's not a physical thing like race - if you want, view it like a mental disorder. Are you allowed to mock people with mental disorders?

gm i dont think is a hypocrite, but a douche bag absolutely.

everyone needs to stop taking bullshit in a video game so seriously. this is why im a dick to people in real life, because they cant bitch to a gm. if they bitch to my boss i just say nah man they lyin as my boss and i get along really well.

you will never beat the good ole boy system
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    But the race issue is a real thing and goes against the TOS, though it goes both ways... the gender issue is just a few drooling retards ... and doesn't go against the TOS. He's technically right...
    It still doesn't matter, if your character is called Axewound and you get asked to change it - your first response shouldn't be Axxewound.

Again it just shows a level of immaturity that has nothing to do with any sort of freedom of speech or personal rights, it's simply being a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    It still doesn't matter, if your character is called Axewound and you get asked to change it - your first response shouldn't be Axxewound.

Again it just shows a level of immaturity that has nothing to do with any sort of freedom of speech or personal rights, it's simply being a twat.
    On that we agree, but as I said earlier, if he did get booted during a raid, I would do the exact same thing. Reason's simple.
    1) I have no time to think of a cool name right now.
    2) I have to get back in game asap.
    3) I'll just chance it and wait until they force a rename the second time.
    4) If I don't come up with a good name now, I'm stuck with it, because Blizzard only renames in certain cases.

It's a plausible scenario.

Some are attracted to the same gender, some want to switch genders, some are unsure about their gender, what's so difficult about that? Sure, it's not a physical thing like race - if you want, view it like a mental disorder. Are you allowed to mock people with mental disorders?
    ..Yes? My sister is autistic with a mental disorder. It makes most of what she says irrelevant to the world. The moment the world starts taking her serious, is the moment we should all start to seriously worry. Although I wouldn't say mocking, as much as I would say; Ignoring.

Yes, we should ignore people that have more than one gender. If you can't decide, that's your fucking problem. Biology is pretty clear on this. I support gay/lesbian marriages, I support their love, I support them having kids and everything in their existence, but I'm not going to support the drooling idiots that now push for multigenders. They're idiots, potentially dangerous, they should be locked up.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2017-09-11 at 11:50 AM.

I'm sure it would be fine if his name was Drakefluid

"When your gender fluctuates, but you can’t find just a few terms to describe what your fluctuating gender is, so you “hoard” gender terms that fit you. To be used by dragonkin individuals only."

or Genderflora

"A gender that blooms and evolves based on the weather and atmosphere; similar to genderfluid but more plant-like."

Seriously. How about not making everything that doesn't fit into your world view something worth shutting down? It's pathetic.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-09-11 at 11:50 AM.

Like we said before, it wouldn't be fine, due to the same rules.

Like we said before, it wouldn't be fine, due to the same rules.
    I see no problem with characters named "apachehelicopter", "drakefluid", "straightorc", "gayorc", or "twogenders".

They're not offensive, they're stupid names.

10+ Year Old Account
    On that we agree, but as I said earlier, if he did get booted during a raid, I would do the exact same thing. Reason's simple.
    1) I have no time to think of a cool name right now.
    2) I have to get back in game asap.
    3) I'll just chance it and wait until they force a rename the second time.
    4) If I don't come up with a good name now, I'm stuck with it, because Blizzard only renames in certain cases.

It's a plausible scenario.
    ...and with that action you'd have to accept the potential ban that comes your way. End of story.