Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I partially agree with this, but i think it's missing something.

I think that the majority of compalint comes from a middle ground that i call "the veteran casual that can't live without WoW". This is a very special kind of casual. It's often a veteran player, at least since WoTLK or even TBC. This player is somewhat skilled and knows game very very well, because a)he was a raider in the past or b)he simply played this game a lot with a lot of classes.

Well, this kind of veteran casual can consume casual content very very very fast. Once done, he won't or can't do raid (even for legitimate reasons), so he constantly blame about lacking of content. And he will always ask for world engaging content. And, ofc,since he is somewhat addicted to WoW, he is not able to simply unsub while waiting for new content and will constantly whine on Forums. (probably this kind of player has already done all old stuff too).

P.S: i am a casual veteran (not whiner) XD

i can appreciate that addition. I certainly don't disagree with you. I find a lot of people who raid in top 50s-100s tend to 'retire' down to top 500s if they don't outright quit. It's difficult to have raided at mythic level, have that content there but not be able to do it if you aren't in a mythic raid guild. I can understand how/why that would be a bit frustrating.

So many people living in denial in this thread. All you have to do is type /played in-game to hopefully get an idea of how unhealthy this game actually is for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or y'know just take your time and have some self control

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    The quest itself is the reason...
    It's the only reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    So many people living in denial in this thread. All you have to do is type /played in-game to hopefully get an idea of how unhealthy this game actually is for you.
    Elaborate?

Why do people always correlate wow as a negative way to spend time? What's wasteful or unhealthy about it exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Elaborate?

Why do people always correlate wow as a negative way to spend time? What's wasteful or unhealthy about it exactly?
    I see it that way because I wasn't truthfully having fun and only going through the motions out of habit/addiction.

But if you genuinely enjoy it, power to you.

The complaint is... an 18 hour fishing "grind" exists between now and the launch of the next expansion?
    Most interested players will likely finish that within the first month, let alone the following 8-11 months.

You do know that very few of the time sinks in this game are designed to be focused on to completion, right? Most of them are intended to be worked on when you feel like it, maybe for 20 to 30 minutes at a time if you care to. There is SO much to this game, no one at Blizz expects anyone to complete it all.

Deleted
    Not as unhealthy as the attitude of the company that owns it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    A quest to do something that you have no other reason to do. Not fun.
    Welcome to RPG's? Maybe you need to go play some action games.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Almost all remaining players WE SEE ON MMO-C have an unhealthy attitude towards WoW*

Considering this forum is nowhere near 10% of the WoW population, it's really not that bad.

Also they don't represent the majority of the player base, they represent the majority of the people who complain. Very different numbers.
    Yeah, its funny because its true! Its hilarious just to come here and read all these funny(and similar) threads about all that is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Problem: people expect WoW to be able to entertain them 24/7. People spend more than a reasonable number of hours every day playing WoW.

Not going to provide tons of examples but I'm sure everyone is aware of the current grindy RNG approach. Let's take a look at the new fishing "content" added in 7.3: 6 fisherfriends, +-3 hours to get exalted with each. That's 18+ hours to get the new Underlight Emerald. 18 hours is almost a day.

It's pretty obvious that Blizzard started designing content with an addict as their target customer after Cata. When you're looking at an activity that's supposed to just be a fun thing to do in your downtime, it's pretty daunting when you have to play for 18 hours to complete it. You know what else you could do in 18 hours? Finish Doom 2016 on the highest difficulty with 100% completion. Learn to draw or play an instrument at a novice level. Read several novels.

No wonder the subs are dropping when content is designed for people who play 12 hours a day and almost everything is super daunting for players who treat WoW as a game rather than an integral part of their daily lives.
    What magical study led you to this wondrous conclusion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Welcome to RPG's? Maybe you need to go play some action games.
    I play RPGs almost exclusively.

Dungeons are their own thing, re-running them because you forgot to pick up a quest the last time isn't fun. You're not gaining progress you're being forced to redo something because you didn't hoard all the quests before doing it.

I don't like rexploring a ruin I've already cleared in single player RPG's. At least not when it's filled to the brim with generic, useless loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    I take it some of you guys never played EverQuest?
    I would say a great many have never experience a total raid wipe on Inny or CT. Nor had the pleasure of being naked and fighting their way back to their bodies in order to get all their stuff back. Not to mention how many may have lost a level to that death.

And we wont even talk about camping Ragefire.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-09-11 at 06:26 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you have feelings, eh?
    Legion is on the same level grinding was in vanilla but you probably never rep'ed Brood of Nozdormu in Vanilla....

did you even follow any of the quests you do?....
    Actually I did.... And was on the 3rd best raiding guild on my server from vanilla to wotlk. I played at top end progression. (Did Naxx in vanilla) So just making an assumption to attack the authority in which I have my opinion and not offer any valid counter points or personal opinions based on experience is a childish straw-man argument.

The level of grind in vanilla and legion is about the same in terms of time. But in how its executed... there is a world of difference. Vanilla grind did not feel as repetitive and lackluster (to me) but the whole grinding for AP (power) endlessly... the idea of paragon levels at max level I cant stand. There is no feeling of an "end" to the long grind.

Also I read every quest word for word. I think the story telling was immensely better in WOTLK MOP and even CATA. WOD has a better leveling story and tanann even had interesting side quests.

real question: what was the story on broken shore besides "do these dailies" and "kill this many things youve been farming already"

Deleted
    The reason why OP is wrong is because wow is an MMORPG. A genre of games that are meant to be the only game its players play because they're not as niched as games like MOBAs or FPS. MMORPGs are filled with a variety of content so that whoever plays it can never be bored and keeps on playing and playing, and in turn continues to pay subscription which earns Blizzard money.

This is why Blizzard needs to fix the game, because their business model is designed to retain players and ensure that everyone who buys it, keeps playing and paying. It's not like an RPG or an FPS where you pay once and own the game forever.

So it's not unhealthy to expect that you'll be able to put in plenty of hours a day into the MMORPG of your choice, because that's how Blizzard earns money. It's nothing if not logical, reasonable and obvious. That's why MMORPGs keep being updated and why there are goals that require weeks of farming, something that would be unseen in normal RPGs.

OP, you need to realize wow isn't a single player RPG. It's a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Stop thinking you can put in 2 hours a day and stay on the same level as others. Games like these work on the idea of "The more time you put in, the more you get out of it." Your attitude towards Wow is unhealthy.