Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    That innervate nerf though. Bigger than people might think.

Surprise the fiery war axe one didn't come sooner.

So Innervate is now just a Coin? I guess its still fine but I would've preferred to see this card being placed in the Hall of Fame.

Spreading Plague nerf seems harsh and I doubt that it gets to see play now. I would've just nerfed the scarabs to a 1/3 with taunt.

Fiery War Axe nerf seems really stupid, warriors are supposed to be the masters in weapons so they should have the best quality weapons. Now this is worse than an Eaglehorn Bow and Rallying Blade. I would've changed this card so that it can not attack the enemy hero.

I've never found Hex that crazy but it was much better than polymorph. Now they are about equally as good at least.

Murloc Warleader nerf seems fine, he was pretty strong the way he was and I always had to keep a good removal for these.

Overall I think these changes will balance the meta much better with less jade/aggro druids, pirate warriros and murloc paladins.

I don't think that these changes will do that much to Jade Druid, i mean the extreme OP part about Ramp is currently the card draw.

Previously if Druid went into super Ramp mode, they still might end up losing because they sit at 10 mana with two cards in hand.

While the Ramp might slow down a little, it's still pretty much there unless you need to use UI on Turn 8.

However the fact that nerf Fiery war Axe kinda makes up for the spreading plague nerf for Jade Druid itself, because Pirate Warrior will now have a lot more trouble.

Hex - just an untimely nerf, there is no shaman archtype currently beside the Evolve one, the only really successful among those is the Zoo / Aggro one and those don't even run Hex.

Shaman needs serious support for it's archtypes, good Overload cards, good Elemental cards, else this class will remain a one trick pony until the standard cycle.

Murloc Warleader nerf, kinda my issue with nerfing neutral cards, Murloc Shaman was nonexistant despite receving two "decent" cards in KoTF, it's now really dead, just funny how Murloc Shaman is so much worse than Murloc Pally simply because Paladin has two good earlygame murlocs.

Overall, i think Jade Druid will still dominate the scene unless the aggro evolve Shaman can seriously capitalize on the Innverate / Spreading Plague nerf.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-09-05 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    I think the meta will shift more towards Priests(who got no nerfs) and who have very good match-ups overall. Innervate is very weak right now(probably unplayable).

@Hex. Hex as a card is far too strong. Even if its not the current meta dominating class, 3 mana perfect removal(silence+transform) is insane.I fully expect at some point for Equality to also see a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    @Hex. Hex as a card is far too strong. Even if its not the current meta dominating class, 3 mana perfect removal(silence+transform) is insane.I fully expect at some point for Equality to also see a change.
    Quite frankly, you only nerf future Control Shaman decks.

Since Shaman has trouble dealing with big minions, you will still use Hex, because you want to use it on big minions, you're probably going use it at Turn 6+, where it only hurts your flexibility.

Aggro / Midrange Shaman decks will now even further gravitate towards devolve.

I have no issues with the hex nerf, but nerfing archtypes that do not even exist in the current Meta is questionable, if the next expansion has awesome control Shaman cards then it's a different story, but this nerf is just too random at the current stage.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit, I just started using Spreading Plague in my Jade Druid deck today. Dunno what to replace it with, didn't feel that it was a particularly OP card because I never got it to chain because my opponents in ranked weren't all running cheap decks. I guess against Hunter or Zoo Lock it might be OP, but I never felt it did much other than shield me from face damage while I built up ramp. Meanwhile Taunt Warrior can just spam high HP minions and it's impossible to clear the board? Blizzard really are hypocrites. Also, why is Pirate Warrior still not getting nerfed? Firey War Axe wasn't even the problem, imo, it's all the combo shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Meanwhile Taunt Warrior can just spam high HP minions and it's impossible to clear the board?
    If you Ramp decently, you just put out big minions, Taunt Warriors aren't that big on Execute activators.

Blizzard really are hypocrites. Also, why is Pirate Warrior still not getting nerfed? Firey War Axe wasn't even the problem, imo, it's all the combo shit.
    Are you serious?

Fiery War Axe was THE weapon that Pirate buffed the most, simply because you play on Turn 1 any random 1 Cost pirate, Turn 2 Fiery Axe, Turn 3 Bloodsail Cultist.

Now, Pirate Warriors have no decent play outside of Bloodsail raider for turn 2, that is a big deal for an aggro deck, which is at best a 3/3 under normal circumstances.

Innervate change hurts Aggro Druid, but won't effect Jade that much. The big culprit there is the ease of cycling infinite Jades and of course the cancer that is Ultimate Infestation.

I don't like the Fiery War Axe. Yes it was very efficient essentially 6 damage for 2 mana but the downside was your hero took damage and Warriors don't have much else in terms of early removal. I'd have changed it to something like, 2 damage 2 durability gain +1 damage when attacking a minion, or something like that. It does hurt Pirate Warriors though which is nice.

Deleted
    I still think they should of touched Ultimate Infestation. I had a 12 wins Arena run with Druid that was only possible because of that 1 card(and I only had 1). The moment I drafted it(~14'th card in my deck, I had already 1 Wild Growth(and drafted another afterwards) - this was the only setup required, I think my deck went from a 5 wins deck to a 12 wins deck. Sure there were plenty of good minions to get me there, but without the added 5 card resources(+removal+5/5 minion) I would have lost 2 more games easily before 12.

I agree that 10 mana cards should be strong and honestly many suck ass, but for another 2 years this card will wreck faces.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Innervate change hurts Aggro Druid, but won't effect Jade that much. The big culprit there is the ease of cycling infinite Jades and of course the cancer that is Ultimate Infestation.

I don't like the Fiery War Axe. Yes it was very efficient essentially 6 damage for 2 mana but the downside was your hero took damage and Warriors don't have much else in terms of early removal. I'd have changed it to something like, 2 damage 2 durability gain +1 damage when attacking a minion, or something like that. It does hurt Pirate Warriors though which is nice.
    Ultimate Infestation is way more broken than Spreading Plague is, IMO. And yeah, I only run 1 Innervate in Jade Druid and it usually doesn't pop up until later in the game anyway, so it doesn't hurt early game and as an extra 1 mana isn't going to be too bothersome now that I have had time to play with only 1 Innervate card.

Also, Jade Druid vs Jade Druid, Jesus those are some long games. Managed to win despite having a lesser board. Neither of us was going to get decked out, so it was just destroying minions one after another. I had Jade Golem up to 18/18

You only ran 1 Innervate because you were playing an inferior list, not because that was the correct choice and the card was fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    when is the nerf patch making it live ?? and with innervate nerf what will u cut it for in control (jade/taunt) decks ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    You only ran 1 Innervate because you were playing an inferior list, not because that was the correct choice and the card was fair.
    Not really, considering it's a deck that got me to legendary rank last month. I hardly have played this month and should hit legendary before the nerf, my win rate has been good. I have seen a couple of slightly different Jade Druid decks from my own, some running DK Malfurion and managed to win.

Not really, considering it's a deck that got me to legendary rank last month.
    There was a guy who got to legend every month playing Priest in the years when it was unequivocally the worst class in the game. Success with your particular list does not in any way prove it's the best list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    There was a guy who got to legend every month playing Priest in the years when it was unequivocally the worst class in the game. Success with your particular list does not in any way prove it's the best list.
    It's all about played time and determination. Of course knowing the class and what you doing helps, but a game with 54% winrates with most decks is a game you gotta invest a lot of time to if you wanna hit legend every single month.

Surely you can hit legend with a subpar original deck, but how many games will it take, how much time and so on? I admire you doing your own thing as I couldn't for the life of myself climb that ladder from 5 to legend with a 40%

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    It's all about played time and determination. Of course knowing the class and what you doing helps, but a game with 54% winrates with most decks is a game you gotta invest a lot of time to if you wanna hit legend every single month.

Surely you can hit legend with a subpar original deck, but how many games will it take, how much time and so on? I admire you doing your own thing as I couldn't for the life of myself climb that ladder from 5 to legend with a 40%
    You'd rage quit once you got past rank 20, to be honest. It's all meta decks and having a sub 50% win rate would be irritating.

Deleted
    There are a few decks that have very good odds versus jade druid.

They are:
    Pirate Warrior
    Murloc Paladin
    Aggro Druid
    Exodia Quest Mage

Also some honorable mentions:
    Fatigue warrior
    Machine gun priest
    Jade druid
    Miracle rogue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracilous View Post
    There are a few decks that have very good odds versus jade druid.

They are:
    Pirate Warrior
    Murloc Paladin
    Aggro Druid
    Exodia Quest Mage

Also some honorable mentions:
    Fatigue warrior
    Machine gun priest
    Jade druid
    Miracle rogue
    When you say good, you realize that many of those are actually <40% winrate vs Jade? If Murloc Pala/Exodia was "very good" vs Jade, then Jade wouldn't be so dominating.

The issue with Priest is that you play 1 offs(due to Raza and Kazzakus). This means you will have games where druids will beat the living daylight out of you with no effort whatsoever.

As for Fatigue Warrior. Its a really strong deck, but unless you're streaming for 10k viewers or playing competitively, do you really want to play 30+ turns every single game?

I played this game againsta druid yesterday who opened on my double innervate into nourish, next turn he summed a 1/1 Jade with an idol what left him with one card in the hand.I was like looool wtf.

I played an agressive Warlock deck with Prince Keleseth and i had him in my opening hand, so i was having a pretty good time.

Until i lost the game. How is this even possible. Im not the best player, i usually end up at rank 5 because im lazy to continue without winstreak.

I might have tapped a little to much, since i was pretty sure about my win. But he was literally winning the game by topdecking single cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    When you say good, you realize that many of those are actually <40% winrate vs Jade? If Murloc Pala/Exodia was "very good" vs Jade, then Jade wouldn't be so dominating.
    None of the listed decks he described as good are sub-40 winrate against Jade.