Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Impressive ! I love it ...
    Thanks very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Great job! I love how intricate it is <3

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks awesome! Lots of spooking sounding eldritch locations too.

I do think it would be interesting if the Old Gods had their own plane or dimension to dwell in. They're capable of creating pocket dimensions - the Twilight Realm derives from Old God-related power, plus there's the Realm of Y'Shaarj that players saw during the Garrosh fight, and the inner realm of Yogg-Saron appears to be something other than just the Old God's actual inner physical body. They're creeping, reality distorting hyperdimensional parasites, they should be able to create some kind of planar realm of their own. Maybe this realm could reflect some of the original state of the Black Empire during its height.

Bazagod, Seat of the Flesh sounds interesting. I always liked the idea that a single Old God conceived of the Curse of Flesh and the others learned of it. Maybe that's the place where the Curse was invented.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Looks awesome! Lots of spooking sounding eldritch locations too.

I do think it would be interesting if the Old Gods had their own plane or dimension to dwell in. They're capable of creating pocket dimensions - the Twilight Realm derives from Old God-related power, plus there's the Realm of Y'Shaarj that players saw during the Garrosh fight, and the inner realm of Yogg-Saron appears to be something other than just the Old God's actual inner physical body. They're creeping, reality distorting hyperdimensional parasites, they should be able to create some kind of planar realm of their own. Maybe this realm could reflect some of the original state of the Black Empire during its height.

Bazagod, Seat of the Flesh sounds interesting. I always liked the idea that a single Old God conceived of the Curse of Flesh and the others learned of it. Maybe that's the place where the Curse was invented.
    Thanks Golden Yak, I really appreciate it.

You may have seen my post on the other page of this thread where I talk about an idea that the realm could be the nightmare of Azeroths world soul. At this point all I can say is: Who knows what land or realm we might see the culmination of the Old Gods story in. Who knows where Ny'alotha really exists, or if it does at all? My defense for little backstory on what exactly the map depicts would be 1. Everything relating to the Old Gods is mysterious and so any idea could work and 2. I like to draw more than come up with workable ideas, haha.

One thing is for sure, my fan creation isn't as detailed as yours are.

Looks sick, love shit like this, can't imagine the time it took.

That is super well done. Like, if you told me it was done by someone at Blizzard, I'd believe it honestly.

I feel bad though if they stick another land mass somewhere in the middle making the map thrown off. :P

HOLY SHIT! You have skills OP.

Deleted
    I immagine it as a parallel dimension close to the surface of Azeroth as it once was (so the bit in the middle would be the equivalent of the well of Eternity before elves go there). You go into these realms through the equivalent of the druid dream portals and these are in matching Azeroth locations. Essentially like going into the nightmare.

Lovely map and theme. Honestly I wish they'd make an expansion like this, I've always enjoyed the old gods concept in the game, Yogg-Saron is probably my favourite raid boss of all times lorewise and I almost mained a priest this expansion just to wield the whispers of that dagger.

It's a pity Blizzard only seem to do "lol orcs" or "lol demons" expansions when the world they've built hold so many possibilities for extremely different and extremely interesting settings.

Before Old Gods were sort of made into gnats (compared to stuff we're facing now) I would've liked to see this be the realm Old Gods return to - their void-filled home-plane that their spirits travel to when their mortal husks are shattered.

Sadly, it seems that Old Gods now just die-die and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Thanks very much!

This is perhaps more detail than you were after but I wrote this for someone that was interested to know the references so I thought I might as well include that here.

Y'liath the Long Circle - The long circle is a reference to a quote from Il'gynoth in the emerald nightmare. 'Your coming was foretold in the rings. The long circle is nearly complete.' As what I called 'Y'liath' is under construction I took that quote pretty literally.

The Black Forest - Y'shaarj tells us, 'When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.' A chilling line, I think.

The Towers of Sacrifice - I named the towers 'Ashanu'. Xal'atath whispers, 'Do not be impressed by tall icons of the titans which stand here. The towers of sacrifice in Ny'alotha dwarf these pathetic temples.'

Bazagod Seat of the Flesh - That one is purely mine.

Ulvoth - Ulvoth is a name I created but the area I imagine would house the 'Drowned God' N'zoth.

Azshara - I thought I might as well include the domain of Azshara. She sits atop her gifted throne in the realm of the old gods.

K'tanth - Is a place of particular interest and so I made it the last raid tier of this imagined continent. Xal'atath whispers: 'I don't believe these lands have seen such carnage since the Battle for K'tanth. Such a long time ago...' No one is sure what K'tanth was but it was something built over a place of great power where the Tomb of Sargeras is currently. I imagine it as a beacon that might, in some way, communicate with the Void Lords.

Ea'nazul - A place of my own. I won't go into detail but it depicts areas of Azeroth twisted by the Old Gods. (Stormwind enveloped by tentacles)

Anh'rathir and Ungolaqir - Also places of my own taking inspiration from Silithus.

And lastly the boxes with the eyes on the border of the map are based on the puzzle box of Yogg-Saron.
    Just a quick note, Ny'alotha is a city rather than an area, specifically the so called "Sleeping City". So one would assume the towers are within the city as opposed to towers in a region called Ny'alotha.

Cool post. Love stuff like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice looking, have you considered doing a coloured version?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

7+ Year Old Account
    Huh what? Who what? yeah it was an ok game, but overall was rather stupid

(This is a joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just a quick note, Ny'alotha is a city rather than an area, specifically the so called "Sleeping City". So one would assume the towers are within the city as opposed to towers in a region called Ny'alotha.
    There are a few quoutes that refer to Ny'alotha as a land, also. I had imagined Ulvoth is part of the Sleeping City of the same name as the surrounding land, Ny'alotha, that exists beneath the water in the middle of the map.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-09-12 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    There are a few quoutes that refer to Ny'alotha as a land, also. I had imagined Ulvoth is part of the Sleeping City of the same name as the surrounding land, Ny'alotha, that exists beneath the water in the middle of the map.
    Fair enough, just a bit odd for me personally to see the name attached more to the land than a city, I always thought of the sleep quote as more of a "In the area where the city is, there is only sleep" rather than "in the land called Ny'alotha there is only sleep", and since it is so often refereed to as a city.. Might consider switching it and Ulvoth if you are so inclined, just because, even if there is the rest of the city under the water, when just reading the map it seems like Ulvoth is the city and Ny'alotha is an area of land.

With some nice coloring would be a nice paint for my living room. I have the middle earth on one side and this is nice too
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Awesome work! An expansion like this would be great.

I FREAKING love your maps! Well done!