Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    South park being south park, i love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 pages in and there were no MS stupid posts. On the other hand, Shinra stepped in...

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Racism does exist, against ALL races, AA is racist as well, forcing people to hire someone based on their skin color is just as racist and not hiring someone based on their skin color.
    Does AA work on the principle that white people are somehow inferior to other groups? I thought it aimed to redress demographic imbalances caused by historic racism, or are you one of those people that tries to assert fighting racism is racism because it acknowledges race as a factor in people's lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Still trying to give the outrage... FYI I've reported the post for being baity and lying about the article contents.

This thread is one huge circle jerk to a nonexistent issue.
    Welcome to most internet topics. I've been saying this shit for the past 2 years. One person writes a blog or makes a youtube video, then a bunch of hateful loosers copy/paste it into forums - and now you got millions being upset over one person's stupid opinion.

Worst one I remember being bad was the whole pho "ZOMG Tracer's Butt Pose!" outrage. It was one guy saying on a forum it was kinda out of character for her to pose like that (wasn't offended) and one Blizzard poster responding "We agree, in fact we're making a new one more in spirit of her character as that was a placeholder from Widowmaker" (again, wasn't offended)... and the whole internet turns this into a massive "HOLYSHIT SJW PC POLICE ZOMG KILL KILLL!!!!" diatribe that had NOTHING to do with making Tracer more "PC".

I laugh seeing so many people, in the name of "preserving the rights of the artist", do their damnest to PREVENT the artist (blizzard) from doing what they already admitted they were doing, and wanted to do do, with their art! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    joke doesnt make sense. very hard should be white straight male tbh
    I'm assuming this is a joke butnthere are people who honestly feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I thought it was clever... they are implying the darker your skin color is, the harder it is to function in society... not sure why that would upset people...
    While I get the joke - I do feel kinda bad for people who are black who want to make their character that they ALWAYS have to play on hard mode.

...or is it just a cosmetic change and nothing else? I'm assuming the difficulty of the game does change.

I've seen far more discussions and talking point about people being outraged at this, than people actually being outraged at this.

Then again this is often what happens when dealing with all these petty ''SJW issues''. Just people looking to score petty points on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    But not apparently for Asian or Indian people. And all those immigrants doesn't make it any easier for blacks.
    Shhh, facts may startle the herd.

When you're Trey Parker and Matt Stone, you've made fun of everyone everywhere so much you basically get to get a free pass on any joke you make, and this is one of them. Its a great, simple joke with many layers of complexity, does it mean that society makes things harder as your skin gets darker, or does the joke mean that people with darker skin are simply not as good as people with lighter skin at things?

As far as what I've looked into, it doesn't change the combat, meaning it probably just has to do with item drops in the open world of the game and maybe some story elements.

7+ Year Old Account
    fucking hilarious

I'm surprised South Park is still on the air with all the politically correct pussies in the world today. The fact that Matt and Trey are still offending is a great sign that there is still hope. Anyone who gets upset over the game or South Park in general should just go suck it.

You didn't link any outrage and i have yet to see anyone being outraged about this. Literally everyone i have talked to about this thinks its funny as fuck, SJWs and Anti-SJWs both think this is funny, which is what South Park is the best at doing. OP is just trying to be edgy and bait people with his fake outrage.

Isn't this exactly what the social justice types always say? I swear I've heard these sorts of people say things like, "Being white and unsuccessful is like playing a game on the lowest difficulty setting and still failing." Hell, I know I've seen that sentiment expressed on these forums before.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    You didn't link any outrage and i have yet to see anyone being outraged about this. Literally everyone i have talked to about this thinks its funny as fuck, SJWs and Anti-SJWs both think this is funny, which is what South Park is the best at doing. OP is just trying to be edgy and bait people with his fake outrage.
    Have to agree, I haven't seen any major outrage about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Outrage was I think the entire point.
    Yeah, making a statement pretty much. Same thing they've been doing for 20 years now.

They certainly know how to keep things interesting.

is this like picking redguard in elder scrolls 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I read an article that pointed out that black people who want to make a character resemble themselves would have to play on a tougher difficulty but I'm not seeing the outrage the OP is imagining. I would have expected more complaints from the right-wingers and free speech enthusiasts who oppose things like affirmative action or believe racism is no longer a thing.
    Free speech enthusiast here. Not right wing. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with South Park doing this. It's funny and it's their right to say whatever they want. I also think it's kind of beautiful that there's multiple layers to this. It's designed to offend you no matter what camp you sit in. It could be offensive to Anti-SJWs because it could be seen as an assertion that systemic racism exists. It's could be offensive to SJWs for, well, a variety of reasons. Could be seen as punishing to black people, as you said. It could be seen as making light of a serious topic. It could be seen as a mockery to all the people that have ever said that being black is like being on a higher difficulty level. No interpretation is invalid and I think that's the point.

Nothing new, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the Jew the hardest class to play in Stick of Truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It's could be offensive to SJWs for, well, a variety of reasons.
    I don't think an "SJW" would be upset over this if they understood it. If it offends someone who believes in social justice, they're just missing the point.