Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I remember it. Don't know what to tell you - and I have no responsibility to prove a fucking thing to you. Believe it, or don't, I don't fucking care. But I remember what I remember, and it was a thing being discussed and tried back then.
    "I'm claiming something that didn't exist actually existed but I'm not going to prove it ((even though burden of proof falls on me)) because guess what: I DON'T FUCKING CARE"

You truly win the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    "I'm claiming something that didn't exist actually existed but I'm not going to prove it ((even though burden of proof falls on me)) because guess what: I DON'T FUCKING CARE"

You truly win the argument.
    So, so, SO upset. I don't owe you shit, pal. Go bluster at someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    I very much miss the old lighting during nights. These days it just looks like a cloud is blocking the sun. It was extremely relaxing to play when it was dark.
    Agreed.

People probably complained it was too dark or some shit as usual.

However they do have the tech implemented to make it really dark at night. That inky black potion or whatever from dark moon fair showcases how beautiful everything is when it's actually dark. If you haven't checked that out yet do it. It's amazing. I wish night actually looked like that every time.

@Gadzooks Yeah I remember the raids. I got my achievements for defending/attacking and killing all the bosses early 2010 (wrath). Was extremely fun. 2 40 man raid groups going from SW to orgrimmar or Darnassus was just amazing.

You're definitely wrong about the devs stopping it if it happened now though, legion pre patch event allowed people to kill everyone in capital cities which was real fun. It's the current playerbase that would throw a fit. The forums are filled with ridiculous crying over nothing, it's embarrassing. Can't blame the devs for that. Remember the Wrath pre patch event? People threw temper tantrums because they were getting killed. Same with legion pre patch event. I hope they continue to do shit like that though and don't listen to the children who cry about everything.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-09-11 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    pre-cata world

WoD Demonology Warlocks.

So, so, SO upset. I don't owe you shit, pal. Go bluster at someone else.
    You aggressively suggested I was ignorant because you asserted I had never played Rogue before (which was an untrue assumption). When pressured for proof, you refuse to provide any under grounds of how much you "don't give a fuck".

You should've been infracted on your initial post, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Agreed.

People probably complained it was too dark or some shit as usual.

However they do have the tech implemented to make it really dark at night. That inky black potion or whatever from dark moon fair showcases how beautiful everything is when it's actually dark. If you haven't checked that out yet do it. It's amazing. I wish night actually looked like that every time.

@Gadzooks Yeah I remember the raids. I got my achievements for defending/attacking and killing all the bosses early 2010 (wrath). Was extremely fun. 2 40 man raid groups going from SW to orgrimmar or Darnassus was just amazing.

You're definitely wrong about the devs stopping it if it happened now though, legion pre patch event allowed people to kill everyone in capital cities which was real fun. It's the current playerbase that would throw a fit. The forums are filled with ridiculous crying over nothing, it's embarrassing. Can't blame the devs for that. Remember the Wrath pre patch event? People threw temper tantrums because they were getting killed. Same with legion pre patch event. I hope they continue to do shit like that though and don't listen to the children who cry about everything.
    You may have a point, just seems like stuff like that isn't as encouraged as much. I remember the rage from the Wrath pre-event - it was pretty funny, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's got the same name but it's not close to the same class.
    almost every class in a nutshell right there.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-11 at 10:46 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it gotta be the pre cata class quests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I do miss Mace-spec arms, with the BS-made epic mace. Mace-spec had a stun proc, the 2h mace had a stun proc. Get in Def stance too, and I've never collected more rogue tears.

Nothing is saltier than a rogue that just got stunlocked 100-0.
    I hated that

Not because I was a Rogue...just because my friend and I played arena and it seemed like every other team was a mace warrior/holy pally...we just didn't have the comp to take it on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    WoD Ret was definitely fun, I wasn't a huge fan of the HoW spam during wings (because it resulted in an overall nerf to HoW's damage, I liked it more when HoW was a legit execute, and hit like one), but it was fun to play... I definitely consider WoD Ret stronger than Legion Ret though... Our mobility is complete dogshit right now and no amount of "muh damages" can make up for not being able to close with your target... If they just didn't take PoJ and Emancipate away from us, or gave us the same mobility talents as Prot (Knight Templar, Steed of Glory) we would be in a good spot right now, mechanically.

As far as I'm concerned Legion Ret is the weakest we have been since TBC, at least in PvP, we have worse mobility and utility now than we have ever had.
    Which is sadly ironic because with the pre-legion class rundown they promised mobility with some kind of charge or teleport if I recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    eyes of the beast, i have a friend who doesn't even play hunter who acts like it was the golden grail and wont stop going on about it being gone.
    Your friend is super right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss destructible buildings in WotLK. Loved Wintergrasp, it added a very core Warcraft game element to it.

Would like to see a new Bg or wpvp zone like that brought back (only include the flying siege vehicles this time!)
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Using "Has Group Will Travel" to summon the entire 25 man Baradin Hold PUG group into the Kara Crypts... right into the pool with all the hanging bodies

I did get a temp ban for this though, as not only did it freak out some of the people, but a few of the raid group were on hearth cooldown so were effectively imprisoned until they could find somebody to summon them out again. (plus I don't think they bought my "i tripped and fell in" excuse when they asked how I got in there in the first place)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2017-09-12 at 12:31 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Your friend is super right.
    oh hes right, i just wish he would stop going on about it. he literally brings it up every time we talk about wow which is quite alot as we play alot of heros of the storm and main cho'gall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Using "Has Group Will Travel" to summon the entire 25 man Baradin Hold PUG group into the Kara Crypts... right into the pool with all the hanging bodies

I did get a temp ban for this though, as not only did it freak out some of the people, but a few of the raid group were on hearth cooldown so were effectively imprisoned until they could find somebody to summon them out again. (plus I don't think they bought my "i tripped and fell in" excuse when they asked how I got in there in the first place)
    That's hilarious. Good show!

I recall back in BC Warlocks summoning people off the Blades Edge spikes. I think yall know what usually happened next.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    oh hes right, i just wish he would stop going on about it. he literally brings it up every time we talk about wow which is quite alot as we play alot of heros of the storm and main cho'gall.
    He's also super right in going on about it until it's added back.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    He's also super right in going on about it until it's added back.
    i mean he is but its not like i'm the one who is going to add it back.

Deleted
    City raids were a blast. On my original server, we had a solid horde presence, and they'd invade Stormwind and Ironforge constantly, just to do it - they'd gank Jaina on a regular basis too - the first time I ever saw Jaina was watching some horde take her out, and I remember asking in Guild chat who she was, and why was the Horde killing her? Anyway, people would actually show up to defend, and there would be pitched battles in the tram for hours. It kind of died off in TBC, but adding the achiev and bear brought it back in Wrath, and I went on many, many city invasions. It's like the devs looked at the players, said "Hey, that's kind of cool - let's throw a reward on it!" The current devs would never do that, they'd do something to stop the raids.
    Oh i miss that too. I organized a 2 40-man raid to Stormwind once and it was one of the coolest things ever.
    We took over the auction house at the end and the city was completely ours! What a feeling.

I've tried several times to organize a raid in Legion only to fail

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

I used it in Tol Barad to get my whole team to another base, but it got hotfixed a few days after.

Yeah, I miss Have Group Will Travel

On that note, just reminded me of people using it in Dragon Soul LFR for Malygos room, then theyd fight Maly instead of Hagara

Biggest one for me is wall climbing. I had as much fun exploring as I did anything else. Once the smooth wall patch dropped, that was pretty much the end of an entire hobby in WoW for me.

Others would be various talents/abilities, the RPG aspects lost in the streamlining, the original Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, 40 man/25 man raids (and even 10 man to a lesser degree), super long Alterac Valleys/Wintergrasps, and a lot of design choice differences (nerfing of professions and their usage throughout the game, etc.)