Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    People that are doing this are actually worse to the game than some little store bought item.
    I won't lie and I will admit this much is true.

99% guaranteed it's for hurricane charity

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Complaining about micro-transactions in AAA titles in 2017, lul.

It's the norm now even in single player games, Shadow of War is the worst offender, not only it has micro-transactions, they are also P2W And people are relatively fine w/ it, only couple of reviewers are crying about this, but gamers swallow and ask for more.

Sadly, given how market is, what is and isn't seen as normal now, we should be happy that Blizz only add optional cosmetic stuff to the store, they could do much and much worse things.
    Complaining about Microtransaction in a singleplayer game is the most petty thing in existence.

I remember how everybody cried about Dead Space 3 having mictrotransaction and how the game would be destroyed by them, and surprise surprise, it wasn't a problem and it was mostly pointless. Same with Deus Ex etc.etc.

The only time it is EVER a problem is if the game is designed around microtransactions. It's really funny how people essentially call "gamers" Sheep when all they do is regurgitate le epic Jim Sterling

We obviously all must now buy the pet and send the OP messages of said pet with our characters. It's the only real response.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    At least they pay their taxes, unlike Coca Cola, Apple, Wallmart and so on.
    Eh, few high profile charity drives and they can minimize that.

And this year they have hit the jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Pets, for the most part are cosmetic, TC is complaining about a cosmetic. The only thing pets do besides that is Pet Battle, but if you don't do that, who cares?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't get is why it always has to be fucking cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Complaining about Microtransaction in a singleplayer game is the most petty thing in existence.

I remember how everybody cried about Dead Space 3 having mictrotransaction and how the game would be destroyed by them, and surprise surprise, it wasn't a problem and it was mostly pointless. Same with Deus Ex etc.etc.

The only time it is EVER a problem is if the game is designed around microtransactions. It's really funny how people essentially call "gamers" Sheep when all they do is regurgitate le epic Jim Sterling
    They're selling boosters.

For a single player game.

That means they have to design systems that are so tedious you'd rather pay extra to skip them than play the game.

How is that not hurting the product?
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-09-12 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    It's a fox.

It's a fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn! That is a janky ass fox.

Microtransactions outside of F2P games are pretty normal these days.... and I blame the entire gaming community for allowing this to pass. Most of the time I don't even buy games with shady microtransactions, I don't feel like rewarding devs for purposely cutting corners in their games just so that they can resell them later. I don't mind Blizzards model as much if they offer alternate ways to obtain these mounts/pets other than real life cash, though I don't think a cash shop belongs in a game where you already pay full price and a monthly sub for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

That means they gave desing systems that are so tedius you'd rather pay extra to skip them than play the game.

Nah, this thing alone doesn't make hurt the game that badly, however, it has multiplayer where all purchased things, be it legendary orc and/or equipment, work quite nicely

But, honestly, I don't see that many you-average-gamers complaining about it. I'm more than sure that WB will make fuckton of money on this game and gear w/ stats in stores for RL money will eventually become the new norm.

Same thing happened few times in the past already. Now we have 0day DLCs and DLCs in general, they used to be patched-in content, we have cosmetic micro-transactions that came from mobile games and MMOs, the only thing that's missing is P2W stuff
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-09-12 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

That means they gave desing systems that are so tedius you'd rather pay extra to skip them than play the game.

Yeah, and Dead Space sold crafting materials, yet you really never had to buy any of them, in any capacity, in a normal playthrough.

Yeah, and Deus Ex sold credits, Praxis Kits and Breach Kits, yet you really never had to buy any of them, in any capacity, in a normal playthrough.

Maybe a booster is just a booster. A power up you can pay for, yet is not required. Something that is no problem at all. Complaining about it at this point is the definition of pointless fear mongering.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pet isn't required for you to Raid Normal/Heroic/Mythic Tomb.

...Brb gonna make it a requirement in pugs now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to complain about stuff how bout the fact that Destiny 2 is supposedly P2W..

But OT I find it funny someone can get so bent out of shape over an item that gives the purchaser no advantage in the game at all..

Deleted
    Oh look, yet another thread where entitled babies whine about a store addition. Just like the last twenty o so times.
    Seriously, you can buy it with gold or not buy it at all, since it's just a pet. If someone wants to buy it with real money, they're free to do so.

The only thing to complain about here is how ugly this pet looks. Low resolution and very little details, I hope it's still a wip.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    So, a new pet was added today to the game, and it says it's from the battle.net store.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of these store pets and mounts, they have no place in a game we pay £40 for expansions, and £10 a month.

This pet, correct me if I'm wrong, is different than ones that have come before it.

I am SICK of this crap!
    https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/907479235475890177
    It's like your mobile phone company putting a new phone to sell, you are already paying their bill monthly, would you get this mad because of their new proposed products ? No.

you're just beinf rediculous !

The only time I had a problem with the Store was in WoD when it was obvious that Blizzard deliberately took mounts intended to be earned in-game and put them into the Store. For the most part, however, they are really humble when it comes to what they sell there.

Besides, there is a way to buy all the Store stuff with in-game currency, a way much more convenient than other games may offer. You're not dependent on players buying stuff on the Store and putting it on AH for example, which would put you as a potential buyer at their mercy when it comes to supply and prices. Instead you can convert your gold into b-net balance and buy it for a fixed price whenever you want.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-09-12 at 10:47 AM.

Damn! That is a janky ass fox.
    Google "Fennec fox", they look like that, minus the void-stuff, of course :P