10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Graeham. I never dared to pug for the bird mounts or kirin.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can two man / three man a lot of the HW bosses now anyways. So it's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    In Heavensward pugging for the ponies was a breeze, only Ifrit and Leviathan required finesse due to the ability to push to the insta-wipe mechanics, and even then it only took a few minutes (if that) and a couple pulls to get the hang of it.

I've pugged Bismark a lot, but nothing else really. Did Ravana once, I just hate that fight, but it was pretty simple.

Now that we can blow off most mechanics and live through them pugging is fine for the ponies and birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's not too bad these days. Sephirot and Zurvan are a pain to farm though due to being mechanic heavy and most 'farm' groups not actually having the content on farm.

Ifrit and Leviathan are a pain simply due to having to wait around for phase changes. Too much damage leads to a wipe. Though luckily you can probably solo them now or at least 2/3 man them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can solo leviathan before SB, considering I did just that as my friend's internet went full retard before we pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Seemingly!

My progress towards the phoenix mount is going well! Managed to get Sephirot's bird with a roll of 99. Now I just need to grab Thordan's and Nidhogg's.

Once that's done I guess I'll start farming Ala Mhigo as a PLD to try and get the Garlean mount that drops there.
    I get Mhigo near exclusively it feels and I've never seen it drop.
    Someone else in our FC has it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    In Heavensward pugging for the ponies was a breeze, only Ifrit and Leviathan required finesse due to the ability to push to the insta-wipe mechanics, and even then it only took a few minutes (if that) and a couple pulls to get the hang of it.

I've pugged Bismark a lot, but nothing else really. Did Ravana once, I just hate that fight, but it was pretty simple.

Now that we can blow off most mechanics and live through them pugging is fine for the ponies and birds.
    With a full group on Ravana, you can essentially skip everything now. We don't see the butterflies and if we have all 8 (probably less, we seem to be either 4/5 or all 8 on FC nights) of us, we don't even see his transition where he floats everyone in the air and does the slice.

Had another fun weekend. Was in my Expert roulette and the healer who was just simply casting stone 4 over and over (6+ enemy pulls), I said very politely "Hey, so and so, If you use Holy you can heal me less because the enemies are stunned for up to 10s and you'd do more DPS."

He responds by saying he's lazy and doesn't feel like trying. Nevermind the fact that, Holy is 1 button, and so is stone 4, and holy means less healing so it's actually lazier than what the person was doing...

Well as you can imagine that triggers me pretty hard, but I don't know if these fucking ruffians are all together and I don't feel like getting kicked so I keep it to myself.

Well one pull our DPS is slacking (hint: it's the i320 SAM doing less DPS than me, not the BRD doing more than me, despite lower ilvl to the SAM). I run out of TP, and all the adds are still up at over 50%. I ask if either DPS has goad/tactician and I get called an elitist LOL. The SAM says "I don't use goad it is useless, it should be up to the individual player to manage their own resources". I can't believe this shit. So now you can imagine I'm even more terse. I noticed the healer stopped healing me and locks himself out of the boss room intentionally and says "why don't you get a more optimal healer then" and leaves. No worries, the BRD and I proceed to simply 2 man the boss no problem since the SAM died about half way in.

Is expecting a DPS to do more DPS than me (as a tank) really so bad? I would have cared less if the healer did 0 DPS, rather than tell me he queued up to be lazy so he could do HW at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ifrit and Leviathan are a pain simply due to having to wait around for phase changes. Too much damage leads to a wipe. Though luckily you can probably solo them now or at least 2/3 man them.
    As a PLD I can just brute force Levi EX solo with no issues. The second tidal wave leaves me with like 3% HP, and then I can clemency to full and just finish off the last 10% np.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You can solo leviathan before SB, considering I did just that as my friend's internet went full retard before we pulled.
    I can almost solo Ravana EX. I am getting down to ~10% now before he enrages. I am still like 3-4% off solo'ing T13 too. I just need to find a way to get through the last few % of Flare Star and the fight should be smooth sailing from there.

I haven't tried Bismark because I suspect I can't burst down the serpents quick enough for they get proximity credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I saw it drop like 2 weeks ago and didn't know it was a mount. I thought it was a pet or something and passed on it. It's an ugly mount looking back on it so I don't care too much, but I kinda wish I knew lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I saw it drop like 2 weeks ago and didn't know it was a mount. I thought it was a pet or something and passed on it. It's an ugly mount looking back on it so I don't care too much, but I kinda wish I knew lol.
    Our FC member that has it calls it their pollution mount. I just kinda like it because it's from old school Final Fantasy. Not something I particularly want/need, but it would be nice to at least see it drop!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

With a full group on Ravana, you can essentially skip everything now. We don't see the butterflies and if we have all 8 (probably less, we seem to be either 4/5 or all 8 on FC nights) of us, we don't even see his transition where he floats everyone in the air and does the slice.
    I haven't seen Kugane Castle in Expert in a LONG time...makes me kind of sad. I'm beginning to just hate the Ala Mhigo dungeon.

Good to know about Ravana. I never did any of the other Extreme fights in Heavensward, how are Thordan, Nidhogg, Sephirot, Sophia and Zurvan now?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I haven't seen Kugane Castle in Expert in a LONG time...makes me kind of sad. I'm beginning to just hate the Ala Mhigo dungeon.

Good to know about Ravana. I never did any of the other Extreme fights in Heavensward, how are Thordan, Nidhogg, Sephirot, Sophia and Zurvan now?
    I still like Mhigo myself. The Temple is the one I don't like much (but I like the last boss).

Thordan isn't too bad, but you can't just burn him down and ignore everything. We've had some hilarious results as we got around to it late and were kind of unfocused. It's actually easier with 5 people who know what they're doing than 8 who kinda know/aren't paying attention.

We haven't tried Nidhogg or Sophia. Zurvan and Sephirot, unless we're missing something, have some mechanics that make undersizing a little wonky. If you don't have 8 in Zurvan, you can't stand in all the fire/ice markers. If you have an odd number, someone doesn't have a chain and may not have a marker.

Sephirot we noticed someone had a tether to be picked up, but you can't pick up two so if you have an odd number that's annoying. We haven't really tried Sephirot much, been getting to him as "let's check him out before we call it a night." Even though it's old and we're undersized, we've been going into these blind.

Sephirot EX is one of those fights where even at level 70 you need to be familiar with mechanics to succeed. The first couple of phases can be brute forced but when it comes to the the tether phase and knock-backs you're pretty much dealing with instant deaths if you screw up. Even if you do stuff perfectly, though, inevitable deaths can happen if you're undersized due to how the tether system works. I don't think I've ever seen a party seeking to do it with less than eight players in the party finder for what that's worth.

As for the Expert dungeons? Temple is the one I like least of the three. It just feels like it drags on a little longer than the other two and I, uh, really hate fighting Coeurls. They're cute! ;_:

Deleted
    What is with all these choices ending in always the same way? "Wanna destroy the world?" "yes" "that's sad... you don't mean it... <return to common script>". Stormblood had two of those: First when we were about to raid Ala Mhigo around 61-62 and then when Zenos asked to join his hunt as hunter.

If I enjoy one thing on newer western RPGs then it's that you can be an asshole :P

The choices could be removed for all its worth. What really grinds my gears is the laziness of SE regarding the illustration of masses. Stormblood is all about war and gathering allies etc., but all the time all you see is 5 houses and 10 villagers. That epic largescale battle is more like a measy 50 vs. 50. Look at all those pirates of the rubysea, jeah all 5 fisher boats and that 1 ship with 5 people. Rhalgrs reach? At most 20 people, etc. etc. This really kills the immersion during the MSQ. I really hope this gets better...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    The choices could be removed for all its worth. What really grinds my gears is the laziness of SE regarding the illustration of masses. Stormblood is all about war and gathering allies etc., but all the time all you see is 5 houses and 10 villagers. That epic largescale battle is more like a measy 50 vs. 50. Look at all those pirates of the rubysea, jeah all 5 fisher boats and that 1 ship with 5 people. Rhalgrs reach? At most 20 people, etc. etc. This really kills the immersion during the MSQ. I really hope this gets better...
    I would guess this is more a technical limitation then anything. Notice when you run into an area that is crowded in the cities, it takes awhile to draw in all of the people. I just don't think the game can handle a large number of character assets. Couple that with the game still being on consoles, Yeah the PS4 is powerful, but it's still more limited then most PC's that are handling the game right now. I don't think we're ever going to see big battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    I'd dare say such a bone to pick with scaling of the world can be had with nearly any MMO if you step back and look at the numbers as you've described. Blame current hardware and people's desires for mad amounts of eye candy (graphics).

10+ Year Old Account
    For MMOs in particular, it's extremely hard to gather so many objects together and have it run fine. It's just the sheer amount objects causing a high burden on the CPU. For PS4 it'll be pretty bad even with lower overhead / more efficient use of the CPU. For PC it'll still be pretty bad though due to API overhead from DX11 despite higher performance CPUs. It's just the nature of the game type.

Deleted
    Friend is playing trial and wants to buy Stormblood. We are both unsure if he can just buy SB or does he need to buy ARR and then SB?

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's been a while, was Stormblood worth it ?

I'm about 2 months away from an 8700k + 1080 Ti build, so I'm excited.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Friend is playing trial and wants to buy Stormblood. We are both unsure if he can just buy SB or does he need to buy ARR and then SB?
    You'll need to buy both ARR and SB. There's a complete edition that comes with all 3 expacs for 60$, iirc. Might be cheaper to buy ARR and SB separately, if you can find ARR cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    I would guess this is more a technical limitation then anything. Notice when you run into an area that is crowded in the cities, it takes awhile to draw in all of the people. I just don't think the game can handle a large number of character assets. Couple that with the game still being on consoles, Yeah the PS4 is powerful, but it's still more limited then most PC's that are handling the game right now. I don't think we're ever going to see big battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'd dare say such a bone to pick with scaling of the world can be had with nearly any MMO if you step back and look at the numbers as you've described. Blame current hardware and people's desires for mad amounts of eye candy (graphics).
    Sorry, this is actually hard to believe. So it is fine to have 50+ high detailed players with several partical effects in Quarrymill spamming emotes and showing off their flashy mounts, but the game cannot use more than 15 bland characters in a scripted cutscene. I am not asking for 100+, but lousy 5-15 is just plain lazy. I highly doubt that 30 would cause any stress as in every raid there is more to see. Heck, you could even fake some population with flat textures in the distance just for the cutscene. Sure, why should SE do more work when everyone is already fine with the status quo.