Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Turnout in special elections on the Democrat side has been exceedingly high, and on the Republican side exceedingly low in these special elections. If the Trump effect sputters out by the 2018 election, then maybe you're right, but on the other hand Trump's antics are spurring the populace to come out and vote against him. So the best thing for Democrats is for Trump to keep being... Trump.
    Yep. Tiny hands and grab them by the pussy sunk him. Trump being Trump alone will win for the Democrats.

Why the fuck do people think acting as arrogant as they did in 2016 will actually win this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Strawman.
    ...do people even know what a Strawman is anymore?

It was just hyperbole, it wasn't meant to be taken literally guys - I don't think he's going to cure cancer. I was just using it to explain that anything Trump does or doesn't do won't change his approval amongst democrats. Even though his hurricane response is getting praise from different sides, that won't affect the democrats approval ratings of him. They'll still hate him.

You can even see this when people pick and choose which of his tweets and speeches they decide are written by his team and which are him "going off script".
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Strawman.

People judge Trump based on his proven words and actions. Trump is not only unable to cure cancer -- he has no medical training of any kind -- he has tried to cut medical research funding. That's why people don't like him. Amongst other reasons.
    Trump could cause cancer and many of his most enamored followers would still guzzle him by the gallon.

Oh he's cutting medical research funding?

Well there you go.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Yep. Tiny hands and grab them by the pussy sunk him. Trump being Trump alone will win for the Democrats.

Why the fuck do people think acting as arrogant as they did in 2016 will actually win this time?
    Viewing someone's behaviour as disgusting and unbecoming of a public figure is 'arrogance', now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Viewing someone's behaviour as disgusting and unbecoming of a public figure is 'arrogance', now.
    No, but assuming that it would cost him the whole election just because of how you feel about it would be.

No. It's assuming you'll win with zero effort because they are disgusting that is arrogance.

Also known as THE ELECTION WE JUST HAD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It was just hyperbole, it wasn't meant to be taken literally guys - I don't think he's going to cure cancer. I was just using it to explain that anything Trump does or doesn't do won't change his approval amongst democrats. Even though his hurricane response is getting praise from different sides, that won't affect the democrats approval ratings of him. They'll still hate him.
    Doing his job is something he should be doing every day. Not a couple of times a year. Maybe when he starts acting presidential more than that he'll get some recognition for it, but everything he's done thus far has gotten him every bit of praise and disdain he deserves.

How long do you think your employer would keep you around if you did your job two days out of the year? Not very long I imagine. Thus the low approval rating from his employers - the American people. And the part that makes me shake my head the most is that he still has a loyal base of about 30% who love him just for the simple fact that he's in office and a Democrat isn't.

Unfortunately for us, we're stuck with this orange turd in a toilet we can't flush until Republicans grow a spine and throw him out, or 2020 rolls around and we can finally flush him.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

the bolded part of that article flies in the face of Trump's approval ratings and several polls I've seen at least. if the issue is people simply not caring about the democratic input in all this fine, but let's not pretend that it changes the position Trump is currently in.

Unfortunately for us, we're stuck with this orange turd in a toilet we can't flush until Republicans grow a spine and throw him out, or 2020 rolls around and we can finally flush him.
    You mean 2024? This is the whole point of this story. All the democrats assumed that he couldn't possibly win because they hated him so much. All the polls told them so. They were sure the whole of America (apart from the racists and nazis obvs) agreed with their point of view.

Now those exact same people are JUST AS confident as they were in the 2016 elections that he's lost all his support. All the polls tell them so. Once again, they're sure the whole of America (apart from the racists and nazis obvs) agrees with their point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's assuming you'll win with zero effort because they are disgusting that is arrogance.

Also known as THE ELECTION WE JUST HAD.
    The one you clearly weren't paying attention to, considering the Democrats did put significant effort into it but chose to focus on Trump's manifest unfitness for the office as opposed to policy?

- - - Updated - - -

No, but assuming that it would cost him the whole election just because of how you feel about it would be.
    Hindsight is 20/20.

And yes, in hindsight it was foolish to expect most Americans to expect a certain level of competence, experience, and public conduct over feel good soundbite "policies".
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The one you clearly weren't paying attention to, considering the Democrats did put significant effort into it but chose to focus on Trump's manifest unfitness for the office as opposed to policy?
    So, again, they expected to win because he had tiny hands, a wig and was a rich douchebag. So, what's different?

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean 2024? This is the whole point of this story. All the democrats assumed that he couldn't possibly win because they hated him so much. All the polls told them so. They were sure the whole of America (apart from the racists and nazis obvs) agreed with their point of view.

Now those exact same people are JUST AS confident as they were in the 2016 elections that he's lost all his support. All the polls tell them so. Once again, they're sure the whole of America (apart from the racists and nazis obvs) agrees with their point of view.
    Why do people keep repeating this falsehood? The polls predicted pretty much exactly the % of the vote Hillary would get. The polls were just fine. The predictive analyses (Most of them) gave her a 60-70% chance to win. And it seems the Trumpkins just can't get over these facts. There was one nobody predictive analyst on CNN that gave her a 98% chance to win, and it seems the Trumpkins forgot that ALL THE OTHER predictive analysts ceased to exist once that one figure was released.

Trump just barely won the presidency by a few thousand votes spread across 5 states, and lost the popular vote very soundly. Now Trump himself is 10 approval points below where he was the day before election day. In special elections across the country Republicans are down 10-15 points. In districts where they're normally safe, they may still be winning but just barely, and in seats where they're normally pretty close to Democrats, they're now just downright losing. Trumpkins like to constantly remind us that Hillary was literally the only candidate that could lose to Trump.

So now that Hillary won't be running and Trump grows less popular by the day, you think he can win in 2020.

Ha.

Hahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Good joke.

10+ Year Old Account

Considering Hillary Clinton of all people oustrip Trump by about three million votes, "the whole of America" seems pretty apt.

Or did you seriously think a byzantine and anachronistic electoral system proves a popular mandate?

- - - Updated - - -

So, again, they expected to win because he had tiny hands, a wig and was a rich douchebag. So, what's different?
    The fact you and the rest of the "woke independents" keep repeating this myth that the Democrats had no policies and assumed they could coast to victory, neither of which was actually the case.

Trump grows less popular by the day, you think he can win in 2016.

Ha.

Hahahaha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Good joke.
    Corrected to reflect every post in this forum this time last year.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

Or did you seriously think a byzantine and anachronistic electoral system proves a popular mandate?
    It proves a "How you win the election" mandate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corrected to reflect every post in this forum this time last year.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"
    Failing to learn from history is about on par with assuming outliers are representative of a trend.

Considering Hillary Clinton of all people oustrip Trump by about three million votes, "the whole of America" seems pretty apt.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you and the rest of the "woke independents" keep repeating this myth that the Democrats had no policies and assumed they could coast to victory, neither of which was actually the case.
    Ah sweet. That meme.

And what have you done to show you aren't going to repeat "tiny hands, tiny hands, grab em by the pussy" and then get mad when you lose?

- - - Updated - - -

Failing to learn from history is about on par with assuming outliers are representative of a trend.
    Trends also say 8 years and then we flip political parties for the President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah sweet. That meme.

And what have you done to show you aren't going to repeat "tiny hands, tiny hands, grab em by the pussy" and then get mad when you lose?
    Considering I'm not a DNC staffer and am not making campaign recommendations, what "I've done" isn't really relevant.

Considering I'm not a DNC staffer and am not making campaign recommendations, what "I've done" isn't really relevant.
    Pffft! So it will be a repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trends also say 8 years and then we flip political parties for the President.
    A trend wherein said Presidents generally had on average a favorable approval rating.

This level of disapproval tends to create one termers, historically. Assuming he isn't just removed from office or, you know, dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, what you are saying, is that Trump supporters are willfully-ignorant fools who refuse to see just how useless and terrible he truly is?

Yeah, all the sane people already know that.
    The real problem is the sane people see the Democratic side just as willfully ignorant and feel they are damned if they do and damned if they don't in this instance.
    News cycle currently reads like this:

Left leaning news: Donald Trump didn't tie his shoes this morning, did you know a black person invented the bunny ear loop method, Donald Trump is a white supremacist.

Right leaning news: Democrats want to shut down all shoe string manufacturers in the US and outsource to China, they will also be taking the first born of all people who were working in those factories.