Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is just diatribe to the highest degree. You obviously take the 945 relic over the 930 relic any day. Because 1, you get 5 automatic ilvls on top of the 945, and 2, you get a decent tier 3 trait. Its the better relic.

And so what, who fucking cares? Are you trying to min/max your character? Literally does 2% more dps really matter to you in the long run?

Get off your fucking high horse.
    So 2% of 1mil dps over a 5 minute fight/entire dungeon is irrelevant ? Someone showed you the he/she got a 945 Relic with bad traits vs a 930 with good ones which was better and you still deny it's a flawed system.
    Blizzard even said on multiple occcasions 'in most cases' higher ilvl shoulf mean it's a better item.
    The post you quoted just showed you the opposite.
    Time to put you on ignore because I can't stand someone who defends something which clearly has balance issues (even AFTER feedback on PTR and adjustments on live).
    Can't wait to read your reasoning as to why this system is flawless and adds anything in a non-rng way.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Why do you insist on lying out of your ass?

Did you not hear blizzard's explanation of how the fucking system works?

If you have a "shit" relic, it can potentially become a good relic because you can *GASP* get your bis trait as your second trait!

How hard is that to understand?
    And how hard is it to understand that ONE bis trait on a relic does nothing change at all because now you need TWO bis traits on a relic to make the relic BIS?

Before the crucible a shitty trait that for example gave you dodge gave 0 additional dps, while the BIS trait might have given 50k dps (number arbitrary). So 50k difference between a shitty relic and a BIS relic.
    Now a shitty relic with dodge gives 0 additional dps plus (if you're lucky) one of your better traits with 50k dps. While your BIS trait relic gives you 50k dps plus (if you're lucky) one of your better traits with 50k dps. So 50-100k difference between a shitty relic and a BIS relic.

So now you have to jump twice through a RNG loop, first when you get the relic, and then when you put it in the crucible.
    No idea why this is so hard to understand and you feel the need to post nonsense.
    Last edited by Puri; 2017-09-13 at 05:39 PM.

So I don't know about the rest of the dps classes but as a mage all our shadow/light traits are within like .5% of each other for dps. That's not really something I'm going to break my back over. The 3rd row is the only one I care about and there are enough choices for traits that I don't feel like if I don't get my 2nd bis in the 3rd row I'm at some terrible disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    The problem with this that none of you snowflakes can seem to remember from the million times Blizzard has caved to your whining is that "giving you the reins" ultimately means cookie cutter. And then all of you are whining that you're being forced into a cookie cutter model, that there really is only one option, and it's boring, blah blah.
    Maybe that has something to do with Blizzard being unable to provide actual build diversity, and inevitably creates one stat which significantly better than others.

Players ask for choices and decisions that actually matter, and Blizzard responds by throwing down all the toys and making only one worth a damn, and we're the spoiled children?

I can't believe anyone is defending such an abomination of a system, this is simply beyond any shite any Korean (or otherwise) MMO has ever had. This is an RNG Talent Tree, and anyone who wants to act blind to this fact better wake up and smell the roses.

People wanted a skinner box so Blizzard delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I got two 5 item level BIS trait relic upgrades from HC Tomb today. Went to Netherlight Crucible only to find out that both have a lot worse secondary traits and bottom tier 3rd traits for Enhancement than my current relics have.

Also I have 64 Traits unlocked and I couldn't open even one 3rd tier Trait yet, so disappointing!

Honestly though, I already have a good setup with current traits, but i'm not willing to risk relic upgrades until Argus Raid is open because of possible bad RNG.
    You must construct additional Pylons!

Er...I mean....

You must wait for additional timegates!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I have to admit, it is a pretty boring feature.. Loved the quest line leading up to it.. loved the new dungeon.. then yawned as I set up the Crucible.
    Man, I was the complete opposite. I got home and wanted to jump right into the Crucible, but had to slog through the questline.

I like the Crucible. One of my relics rolled garbo tier 2s and another relic rolled garbo tier 3s, but it's fun. The best ones are the ones that do throughput + an effect, like movespeed.

Anyway, I may lose out on about 30k by not rolling best in slot traits, but when I'm simming 1.5 mil, I can't complain too much. Very rarely will someone legit competing with me on parses (some other higher-end mythic raider) roll perfectly, so I'm not too concerned. More likely, they get some crap tiers too.

Deleted
    i wonder how long it will actually take to level up concordance to like 20 so the final tiers are unlocked.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate that I can't preview relics without it becoming soulbound.
    It's like they hate raiders wanting to give their loot to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    How do people still defend this pathetic approach?
    Zealotry. Addiction. Tribalism. Sunk Cost Fallacy.

LFR isn't the pinnacle of raiding, and i think ive made my position clear on LFR over the years.
    Nobody cares dude, nobody cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly... idc at this point... I understand their attempt, since they announced that they were going to add relic with 2 things on them, and I see this as a better version of it. Dont get me wrong rng for the sake of rng is god aweful. But, we all already shoot for the best relics anyway in raid, anyway, and we all know relics dont drop... specially the that particular one you are looking for.

Why do you only insist on seeing if it doesn't start with a bis trait, and rolls bis t2 and t3 in the NLC then its a shit relic? Why the fuck do you people do this to yourselves? Its a BONUS SYSTEM, whos PRIMARY purpose is to help turn potentially unwanted relics into WANTED relics.

Don't you understand?

Do the math.
    It literally does not matter what its "primary purpose" is or what "Blizzard said it would do". What matters is what it actually does in the "real world", and it's not doing what you or Blizzard claim. They could easily have turned bad relics into good relics without also dragging good relics down into mediocrity, but they decided they'd rather have more variance/RNG in relics, as if Legion didn't have enough already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Again, higher power relative to 7.2.5 relics; lower or the same power relative to 7.3 relics. It's not a "bonus".
    This. What matters is relative relic power(compared to worst/best possible ones), and the relative value of nearly all relics has gone down with the patch(with relics trending towards mediocrity generally)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Are Netherlight Crucible traits active in PvP?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't, except maybe ilvl bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

I'm struggling to think of a reason to defend this feature and I can't. Perhaps it is like that on purpose? Just to stretch out that /played, right.
    Pretty much, think of how much AP you have to grind to unlock all the traits for the Crucible. This is the "until the next expansion" mechanic to give you a reason to keep doing AP dailies.

Otherwise you'd be lvl 60 artifact and just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I have to admit, it is a pretty boring feature.. Loved the quest line leading up to it.. loved the new dungeon.. then yawned as I set up the Crucible.
    it takes 20 seconds to set and leave, did you really yawn ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It literally does not matter what its "primary purpose" is or what "Blizzard said it would do". What matters is what it actually does in the "real world", and it's not doing what you or Blizzard claim. They could easily have turned bad relics into good relics without also dragging good relics down into mediocrity, but they decided they'd rather have more variance/RNG in relics, as if Legion didn't have enough already.

- - - Updated - - -

This. What matters is relative relic power(compared to worst/best possible ones), and the relative value of nearly all relics has gone down with the patch(with relics trending towards mediocrity generally)
    Good luck with that argument. Every time I tell people to look at what Blizzard actually does instead of what they say, people either respond with blue quotes or call me a hater (when they don't troll out the ol "if you don't like it then leave" line).

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Ummmm? I honestly don't know how to respond to you. I don't want to directly insult you since this forum hands infractions out like they're candy but...

Reforging allows you to mitigate the shit RNG you receive by allowing you to add your best stat to a garbage item. It literally allows you to change items. How is that not control? You can argue you're always going to add your best/second best stat but that's the illusion of choice. Not control.

Allowing me to build points up through activities so I can spend it on an item that I KNOW is an upgrade is not control? This is literally the other side of the RNG laden coin.

Wait, why am I even bothering to reply to you?
    Good lord, how do you not understand that the only reason the saving up points and spending them on an item can only get people an upgrade currently BECAUSE of the RNG, if they couldn't WF/TF or roll any trinket then they wouldn't be fucking upgrades for 99% of people who give a shit about gear. I honestly don't think you understand how the JP/VP vendors were. You're asking for the current gear catch-up system to be more 'consistent' at the expense of it possibly giving an upgrade for anybody, that's fucking stupid. Right now it works as a gear catch-up excellently AND as a pure side benefit it could give anybody an upgrade.

Also please just turn your brain on and think for like 5 seconds about reforging, I know it'll hurt but you can get through it.