Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Afaik Idiocracy has been debunked. Overall IQs rising etc.
    That's probably only due to a higher extent of testing and weeding out of inbreeding etc and not to do with what was being described which more than likely we don't have an accurate IQ on the any of the Boo Boo clan. So it really hasn't. Do you really think those people that are having 60 kids are having IQ tests or even an accurate assessment of it? That's so on their radar when they are eating crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Welp. There was this debate during lunchtime at my workplace regarding whether it is morally reprehensible or not to choose not having children...

...and let's just say it wasn't too far off from what an MMO-C thread on that topic could muster. Two people even stormed off out of the building, presumably home, because they were so riled up.

Let's just say lunchtime was more animated than usual. And that was an understatement!

Now what do you guys think? Is it morally reprehensible to choose not to have children?
    Its stupid to have children on a planet that can't support even its current population, much less a bigger population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    Welp. There was this debate during lunchtime at my workplace regarding whether it is morally reprehensible or not to choose not having children...

...and let's just say it wasn't too far off from what an MMO-C thread on that topic could muster. Two people even stormed off out of the building, presumably home, because they were so riled up.

Let's just say lunchtime was more animated than usual. And that was an understatement!

Now what do you guys think? Is it morally reprehensible to choose not to have children?
    Why wouldn't it be? You are offering no argument here.

I would guess that far more people that choose not to have kids are doing it for moral reasons than people that choose to have kids. I mean, does anyone really get up one day and decide "This world needs more people in it and it's my ethical responsibility to help so I guess it's time to have some kids."
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    But really, who are you to tell them they can't or shouldn't have kids because of that? How would that work, exactly? Do you think imposing your opinion on them will solve it? No. It won't. Just like people who think people who are beautiful and/or really smart should have kids... or people that say it's others responsibility to procreate.

In the end, it's no ones business and your opinion isn't needed or wanted, regardless if it's for or against it.
    We should as a people. It is up to the success of the species to produce more quality individuals and they are putting a strain on the economy and the world in general.

You want to fight climate change? Stop people from having 30 kids. Who are you to tell me I can't throw my litter in the streets and dump toxic waste in the waterways? Same deal there. We are the other people living on this planet.

People sit and claim when it helps them that "amg we should let people abort whenever because tax payers will have to pay for that baby" but then now we're going to argue that it's ok for tax payers to pay for that baby?

China had the right idea. It's also ridiculous that it's so expensive to adopt when you should really get a tax break for adopting or something.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2017-09-13 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    What does that even mean? Are you suggesting that unless you are perfect, and none of us are, you would be morally corrupt if you had children? i can only guess you have no kids.
    No, it was a question in the completely other direction to point towards a more middle ground perspective on the morality of having kids

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, it's reprehensible to have children. There are too many humans on the planet as is. Do the world a favor and put a wrap on it.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Moral is a completely subjective thing.

If you "dug" deep enough you would find that no two people on the planet have identical views and stances on moral issues.

Personally i think there is already a few billion people too many on this planet.
    This planet has limited resources, limited territory and limited capability of renewing itself (which we are further fu*king up with pollution and everything else).

NOT having children seems like the responsible and moral thing to do based on a realistic view of today's globe and society..

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I want people to live their lives how they want, so long as it doesn't hurt others. Have kids, don't have kids - I don't care. What I am bothered by is people hating on others decisions to have, or not to have them. Like, mind your own business and keep your comments to yourself.
    You, sir, are absolutely correct.

By the way, the world is overpopulated and we already have a lot of problems, can you imagine when we hit the 10 billion mark?

And to add my own point to the topic, as a man, I do not have the final say in having children or not, cause well, I'm not the one carrying that baby for 9 months.
    I wouldn't do it if I were a woman...

Leaving emotions aside, assuming only "logical" stances for children, this is very context dependent.

If you live in a society with an aging population problem (people from your dad's gen had 14 brothers and people from yours average 1.5), then you can argue that you are "fulfilling your role in society" by bringing children that will help the economy. In the same society, you can also claim you are being selfish for dooming the child you create to an awful future having to provide for like 5 retired persons (assuming some sort of public social aid is present) because there won't be enough children to properly provide for the retired population.

Regardless of which society you are in, you can also argue against children because global overpopulation. It can also be said to be a selfish thing to REFUSE to make children, because your parents' greatest dream is to be grand parents and you are taking it from them, and yet it can be selfish to make children just because you want them even if you are not in the best place to provide for them/ don't know how to guide them/ have any sort of genetical issue that might affect them/ or flat out because you want your own child even though there are so many in need of adoption.

Long story short: Other than discussing societal primings/regulations such as China's, the morality behind a single individual having children is an extremely complex topic that can certainly not be explained with simple black and white logic on a general basis and as such we should forfeit judgement on with the exception of very particular (although not terribly rare) cases.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-09-13 at 09:30 PM.

Absolutely not.

For me, i want to have children to carry on the family name, and to have a heir, and someone who will resume the history.
    Its important, i dont want to be the last of my name in the family book that dates back to 850. I feel morally obliged to carry on the family name that is known to exist since charlemagne, but i dont see a reason for non traditional people from the new world or mixed race guys to care about this, as they mostly do not have this kind of legacy. I think its always sad if a very old family name dies out, and at one point in the distant future everyone will have the same name

And who gets all the stuff if you have no children and die? your dumbass 3rd cousins greatchildren? no thanks.

Deleted
    No. Would be reprehensible to have kids you cant afford tho.

No why would it be. The idea that you have to have children is outright stupid. Unless humanity was getting near extinction population levels then if you don't want kids then don't have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can think of several reasons why I say it isn't...

So many women who can't seem to keep their legs closed and get knocked up (And the guys that think they're clever and they beat the odds) and abuse the system for free stuff. (I used to work with a red neck chick who did this)
    So many orphaned and abandoned children that could be taken in by a family who doesn't need to make their own.
    The planet grows bigger and bigger in population and until we start colonizing Antarctica, the moon, and beyond we aren't getting any new land.

Few reasons off the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    For me, i want to have children to carry on the family name, and to have a heir, and someone who will resume the history.
    Its important, i dont want to be the last of my name in the family book that dates back to 850. I feel morally obliged to carry on the family name that is known to exist since charlemagne, but i dont see a reason for non traditional people from the new world or mixed race guys to care about this, as they mostly do not have this kind of legacy. I think its always sad if a very old family name dies out, and at one point in the distant future everyone will have the same name

And who gets all the stuff if you have no children and die? your dumbass 3rd cousins greatchildren? no thanks.
    Watch out, we have royal blood over here! Please tell us peasants how it's like to live in a castle...

Honest question: before year 850, where were your family? I'll answer for you, in the same pile of shit that everyone else's ancestor, random or not. And for that matter, what keeps you from thinking that the dumbass greatchildren will be of your 3rd cousins and not your own?

Damn, sometimes this forum amazes me.

I decided on no kids with my SO, we were both pretty set on the matter from the get-go. The funniest and at the same time annoying thing is the way some preachy people judge you to be dysfunctional in some way for not wanting children, to the point of berating you on the spot. I feel like the loudest 'critics' are always religious people or 'helpful' relatives that are stuck in a previous age. Don't get me started on that.

Some people feel accomplished in life by having children, others by their work, others by simply being in a relationship without the responsibility/financial strain of children. It's all fine to me until you get preachy about it.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-09-13 at 11:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A few points:

- We just had this exact topic.
    - There is no "moral" attachment to breeding.
    - "Morality" is subjective.
    - Your life is yours. Live it how you want and fuck what other people think.

Deleted
    An entire generation stops at a loser in life.
    You generation survived wars diseases to only stop at a millenial loser retard.

Thats my view on people who choose not to have kids.

And to let leftist foam at the mouth ill have 5 kids, from each expecting 4-5 of their own. I dont struggle to get rich for nothing. And to all these kids an ULTRA FAR RIGHT INDOCTRINATION.
    Our family name will mean something. Im a descendant of a Land Lord who whipped someone to death from Horse Back!!!. Our genetics are impecable, im 2m tall and 105 kilograms, my GF is 1.8 meters tall and 67kilograms. All our grandfathers died at around 90 years of age.

WE ARE A DYNASTY that will last 10k years! On the other hand you are a loser who ended his line. (i mean people who choose to not to have kids).

And these corrupt traitors, schemers, thieves and liberals, pray i dont get my hands on too much money. Cos my political view is brutal justice!
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2017-09-13 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    An entire generation stops at a loser in life.
    You generation survived wars diseases to only stop at a millenial loser retard.

Thats my view on people who choose not to have kids.

And to let leftist foam at the mouth ill have 5 kids, from each expecting 4-5 of their own. I dont struggle to get rich for nothing. And to all these kids an ULTRA FAR RIGHT INDOCTRINATION.
    Our family name will mean something. Im a descendant of a Land Lord who whipped someone to death from Horse Back!!!. Our genetics are impecable, im 2m tall and 105 kilograms, my GF is 1.8 meters tall and 67kilograms. All our grandfathers died at around 90 years of age.

WE ARE A DYNASTY that will last 10k years! On the other hand you are a loser who ended his line. (i mean people who choose to not to have kids).
    Really, who the fuck cares? Take pride in your own accomplishments, not the ones of your forebearers.
    You gotta be one of those 'legionnaire fans' that can't see how cringy they are.