Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy Can't unlock the 10 Dungeon Mage Tower Skin

I decided to do a mythic world tour this week to get the 10 different dungeon skin for my Balance and Restoration mage tower skins (got the Feral and Guardian ones before 7.3) and did all the mythic Legion dungeons currently in the game. I did most of them as Feral and maybe one or two as Guardian.

For some reason the Balance skin unlocked like it should, but the Restoration skin did not. I've tried logging out and back in, completely resetting my UI (by moving the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders), and restarting my PC.

I also submitted a bug report in game and opened a GM ticket. The GM said:

"I have reviewed your issue and your character Lorlis. I understand that the restoration version of the challenger's weapon appearance didn't unlock when you completed the Fighting with Style: Challenging achievement. I do see that you completed the Achievement, and then you completed all the dungeon bosses needed today. I am unable to determine why the Restoration version of the appearance didn't unlock"

He went on to suggest removing addons, resetting my UI, and then making a bug report because they are unable to unlock weapon appearances from their end. It almost seemed like he thought I was missing the base Mage Tower skin for Restoration at first, but I think he realized it was the dungeon recolor as he did mention he could see I had completed them.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could have done wrong and what I can do to try to unlock this skin?

TL;DR: Have Mage Tower skin for Balance and Restoration, did 12 complete mythic dungeons, the mage tower recolor for doing 10 different dungeons unlocked for Balance but did not unlock for Restoration. I did all dungeons as either Feral or Guardian.

I've done a heroic world tour now as well, for 24 total dungeons on heroic and mythic as well as two more mythic +s. It's still locked. I guess I'm going to wait until next week and try another mythic world tour, at least I'll get some artifact power and chaos crystals.

In the mean time if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

It doesn't work with Heroic dungeons either. I speed-ran a bunch of them and got nothing at all.
    This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    It doesn't work with Heroic dungeons either. I speed-ran a bunch of them and got nothing at all.
    This sucks.
    It used to, you could do it on normal too. Since the patch things have been a bit wonky though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    This sucks.
    One of the people I did those heroics with got his feral 10 dungeon skin part way through them. He hadn't done many dungeons since 7.3, though, it could be that heroic doesn't count as a different dungeon. The tooltip does say 10 different Legion dungeons. Are you having this problem too, with a skin not unlocking? I'm glad I didn't try to do 10 normals if that's the case.

Has anyone killed heroic KJ or won 10 rated BGs? Did that unlock all of your eligible skins or just one (assuming two or more were eligible)?

Quote Originally Posted by daxp View Post
    One of the people I did those heroics with got his feral 10 dungeon skin part way through them. He hadn't done many dungeons since 7.3, though, it could be that heroic doesn't count as a different dungeon. The tooltip does say 10 different Legion dungeons. Are you having this problem too, with a skin not unlocking? I'm glad I didn't try to do 10 normals if that's the case.
    Yeah, I chain-ran all of the Heroic dungeons except Court of Stars and Kara (11/14 dungeons) and did not get the unlock.

How many of these threads do we need?

I've done another 10 mythic dungeons since the reset and still haven't unlocked the skin. I'm going to submit another bug report and might open a GM ticket. Man, this is extremely frustrating. If I just knew what I needed to do or why it wasn't unlocking it wouldn't be nearly as bad!

Deleted
    Did you kill all possible bosses in Violet Hold? Or did they change the requirement to completing 10 different dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Did you kill all possible bosses in Violet Hold? Or did they change the requirement to completing 10 different dungeons?
    Hm, I'm not sure. You only needed to kill one of the possible final bosses before 7.3 (when the requirement was kill all Legion dungeon bosses), so I doubt that's what is keeping my skin locked but it's worth a try!

I'm worried about going for the RBG skin now, but at least it's super easy to track. I had 3 wins for bear before 7.3, so if those still count I'll get bear in 7 wins and (hopefully) the other 3 in 10 wins. I still need a heroic KJ kill, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daxp View Post
    Hm, I'm not sure. You only needed to kill one of the possible final bosses before 7.3 (when the requirement was kill all Legion dungeon bosses), so I doubt that's what is keeping my skin locked but it's worth a try!

I'm worried about going for the RBG skin now, but at least it's super easy to track. I had 3 wins for bear before 7.3, so if those still count I'll get bear in 7 wins and (hopefully) the other 3 in 10 wins. I still need a heroic KJ kill, too.
    I will wait until I am done with my Arcane spec, which is the last challenge for my mage, and only then unlock further skins. Wonder which gear requirements are needed for Archimonde HC.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I did 10 different hc's the day I got my skin, and I got the colour version with no issues whatsoever. I did Nelth, HoV, DHT, L. Kara, U. Kara, MoS, CoS, Arc, VH and Black Rook.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I got the skin yesterday for my Frost and Arcane weapons, while running heroic dungeons with my Arcane challenge skin equipped (except Arcus, which I did on mythic for the legendary cloth crafted item), over the course of 3 days. I made a list of dungeons which I have completed, and worked from above to below in the list. Spared me both parts of Karazhan and only had to run VH once. So, it's not retroactive as long as you don't have the base skin, but if you got all base skins, you only have to do the run once. Worked fine with KJ heroic as well, where I had some acquaintances to tag along.

It still will not unlock for me. I downloaded an addon, Hidden Artifact Tracker, to keep track of my rated BG wins and saw that it would track dungeons too. I did the 10 BGs, and that unlocked the skin for every spec (like it should), and today I finished another 10 different dungeons, but the skin is still refusing to unlock for restoration.

I've had all 4 mage tower skins unlocked since 8/24/17 (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...hall/artifacts - Fighting with Style: Challenging is the achievement for unlocking every Mage Tower skin). And of course this post was created well after that, on 09/07/17. I clearly had, and have, the base skin unlocked but that 4th color will not unlock for seemingly any reason. At this point I have every color for Balance, Feral, and Guardian, and have the base, KJ, and rated BG skin for Restoration.

I've tried going as far as reinstalling WoW, to make sure there wasn't some weird issue with my installation somehow mucking it up. I've done 10 dungeons as Restoration (and many more as Feral and Guardian). I've also wiped the cache and addon folders, before I tried just uninstalling and reinstalling completely. About the only other thing I can think to do is reformatting my PC, but I really don't see how that will help anything...

Do you have to redo the 10 RBG wins/Dungeons if you unlocked the colors for 1 spec before 7.3? I have all 4 colors for ret unlocked but only the KJ color and base color for Prot. A gm told me that I hadn't completed the requirements for ret or prot before despite having been using the Ret 10 RBG wins since week 1 of getting it.

Unfortunately it seems you have to redo them, yes. I had unlocked all 3 challenge appearances on my class. Then a week before patch 7.3, Ion announced in an interview that the 10 RBG tint will count class-wide instead of spec-wide so I went ahead on grinded them on one spec, unlocking them a few days before the patch dropped. Lo and behold, on patch day they didn't unlock on my other two specs, despite me having done the challenge tower on them months before. Oversight or intended remains to be seen but I can't understand why it would be intended to be like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icosidodecahedron View Post
    Unfortunately it seems you have to redo them, yes. I had unlocked all 3 challenge appearances on my class. Then a week before patch 7.3, Ion announced in an interview that the 10 RBG tint will count class-wide instead of spec-wide so I went ahead on grinded them on one spec, unlocking them a few days before the patch dropped. Lo and behold, on patch day they didn't unlock on my other two specs, despite me having done the challenge tower on them months before. Oversight or intended remains to be seen but I can't understand why it would be intended to be like this.
    You have to re-do the dungeons, but if you are in the same boat as I am, with 2 skins unlocked after this change, then you have to do the run once on either of these specs, and you will get credit for both skins. I did not bother with all of them, just selected 10 different heroics in the finder and did one after another. The only exception has been Arkus, which I did in Mythic0 for the tailored legendary quest.

Then I got KJ HC skin on all 3 at once, because I decided not to bother with that part before I had all 3 basic skins.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-10-04 at 03:35 PM.

This is clearly a bug and you don't have to redo anything, just wait for Blizz to fix it.
    I unlocked all the challenges during 7.3 and run 10 dungeons on different specs. All but the resto one unlocked.
    To me this is 100% mistake on Blizzard 's side

Hmmm, I know I had trouble unlocking the dungeon recolor but that was only because I failed to keep track of the ones I completed as I did them. Was this resolved yet for you?

I got a similar problem:

I got the Challenge look for my Retribution paladin a long time ago, and got the tints for killing Heroic Kil'Jaeden and for the dungeons (still need to do those 10 RBGs).

Just a few days ago, I got the Challenge looks for Protection and Holy, but the other colors for the skins aren't unlocked. Is this a bug, or "working as intended", but I do NOT want to go and kill Heroic Kil'Jaeden or do anymore dungeons on any other spec than Ret. :l