Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Pros & Cons of 7.3

I know nobody really gives two shits but I thought I would post my own personal pros & cons of 7.3 because why not!

PROS

• Lore: I am usually the first to criticize Blizzard falling on false promises but I genuinely feel Blizzard fulfilled their promise here! I love the various lore for the Army of Light, Argus's past and present, Naruu, Legion activities, Void and Sargaras!
    • WQs: I didn't think much of WQs especially considering we've literally been force fed them for a year now BUT I actually enjoy Argus WQs and that's because most involve killing a rare that actually rewards useful and fun stuff!
    • The Characters: I am actually enjoying spending time delving into new characters as opposed to Khadgar and the Wardens.
    • The Rewards: I am pleasantly surprised with the number of rewards on Argus from mounts, pets, toys, BoA gear, new mogs, etc
    • The Catch-up Mechanics: The automated AK, the sea of AP and the BoA tokens are really a fantastic QoL especially for those that alt like myself.
    • The Vindicator: I love the fact that we slowly upgrade the ship and not only does it visually change but also grants new abilities

CONS

• The Location: Unfortunately with the exception of Mac'Aree I feel the zones are really bland and unremarkable... Sure the Skybox is pretty but the actual landscape not so much.
    • Mob Density: I understand what the intention was but unfortunately the mob density feels more like an annoyance than genuine threat. I feel Blizzard could've produced that effect with less mobs but more environmental hazards like the Felnado, Fel Reaver and Bombardments. The mob density also unfortunately puts me off exploring for fun which is a shame as I loved exploring Timeless Isle.
    • The Music: I can't help feel the music of 7.3 is ridiculously bland, I haven't much been impressed by Legion's soundtrack overall but 7.3 really doesn't add anything.
    • Seat of the Triumvirate: I am very disappointed by this dungeon, not only is it basically an AoE kill fest but aesthetically uninteresting and ridiculously easy.
    • Invasion Points: I actually had high hopes that Invasion Points would be interesting but once again like the dungeon they're basically an AoE fest and aesthetically just reused art... If it wasn't for the weekly I would avoid them completely

That all said and done I have been pleasantly impressed by 7.3 and enjoyed it very much, my only concern is the longevity of my enjoyment in the coming months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    • WQs: I didn't think much of WQs especially considering we've literally been force fed them for a year now BUT I actually enjoy Argus WQs and that's because most involve killing a rare that actually rewards useful and fun stuff!
    • The Rewards: I am pleasantly surprised with the number of rewards on Argus from mounts, pets, toys, BoA gear, new mogs, etc
    Most of the rewards are gold, order ressources or AP. That's not exactly what I would call fun. They are boring. And killing a rare for a WQ is just lazy. I'm going to kill those anyway.

Yeah it's pretty much the same with a new coating of paint. Oh em gee head to the rare spawn and kill it for some AP and order resources. Broken shore 2.0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Most of the rewards are gold, order ressources or AP. That's not exactly what I would call fun. They are boring. And killing a rare for a WQ is just lazy. I'm going to kill those anyway.
    Actually there's a % for mounts, BoA gear, legendaries, toys, gear and unique mogs

Its a better broken shore, MUCH better broken shore, but it is admittingly still a broken shore, its what happens when Suremar and Broken Shores meet thematically and lorewise.

The Mac'aree area is mostly open and very little in density of mobs and some areas of Krokuul are quite sparce, but ill admit, Antorus is impossible to navigate without something trying to kill you.

My hopes going forward:

Before legion ends, I hope that argus gets 1 or even 2 new zones, making it feel almost like its own minuature expansion as opposed to non content. So far its been pretty decent and if it gets flying it could only be improoved.

Lorewise they could always add a zone with a void heavy theme with the legion being consumed by it, aswell as another random zone for filler sake, I did notice, that behind Krokuul is an area that looks like a gemstone mine made love to a fel swamp and ocean, it looks promising as a 4th zone.

The WQ's is just the same old with not much new interesting stuff added, most of the time its just to kill a rare. I thought the music was decent, so I'd switch these pro and con.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Its a better broken shore, MUCH better broken shore, but it is admittingly still a broken shore, its what happens when Suremar and Broken Shores meet thematically and lorewise.

The Mac'aree area is mostly open and very little in density of mobs and some areas of Krokuul are quite sparce, but ill admit, Antorus is impossible to navigate without something trying to kill you.

My hopes going forward:

Before legion ends, I hope that argus gets 1 or even 2 new zones, making it feel almost like its own minuature expansion as opposed to non content. So far its been pretty decent and if it gets flying it could only be improoved.

Lorewise they could always add a zone with a void heavy theme with the legion being consumed by it, aswell as another random zone for filler sake, I did notice, that behind Krokuul is an area that looks like a gemstone mine made love to a fel swamp and ocean, it looks promising as a 4th zone.
    Unfortunately I am certain once 7.3.5 is out that's just it, a raid, and Blizzard will be done with Legion and focusing on 8.0 completely. I don't expect new zones

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually there's a % for mounts, BoA gear, legendaries, toys, gear and unique mogs
    That doesn't make the WQ or rewards interesting, just another grind.

Deleted
    That doesn't make the WQ or rewards interesting, just another grind.
    Does to me because it gives me a motivation to unlock that reward as opposed to 7.2 where the WQs just rewarded rep (which rewarded little to nothing)

[*]Seat of the Triumvirate: I am very disappointed by this dungeon, not only is it basically an AoE kill fest but aesthetically uninteresting and ridiculously easy.
    Haven't had time to check it out yet, but if that's the case, this is a plus to me. After deleting all the Kara & Cath m+ keys week after week, and the dungeons still being annoying even after 10 nerfs, I welcome one that isn't overtuned from the get-go. If you do stuff on hc / m0 it's supposed to be a breeze like any other dungeon of that difficulty.

Pros :

- None

Cons :

- Alot

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Pros :

- None

Cons :

- Alot
    This. But I'd say the audiovisual presentation is very good. Gameplay though ... 7.3 is a little bit better than the absymal 7.2.

Flying / less mobs would solve some of the biggest issues with Argus. Nevertheless the content offered will be outdated early next year. Argus won't last until the next expansion.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-09-15 at 04:21 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

You just kill rares - that's literally the whole zone. Maybe find a treasure every once in a while. Oh and step inside a minizone to kill trash mobs for 5 minutes.

It's really REALLY shallow. I like that I can gear up alts pretty fast being an alt-o-holic, but Blizzard really needs to come out with meaningful content outside of raids next expansion. World quests are NOT good content. They're shallow, repetitive, and generally not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    You just kill rares - that's literally the whole zone. Maybe find a treasure every once in a while. Oh and step inside a minizone to kill trash mobs for 5 minutes.

It's really REALLY shallow. I like that I can gear up alts pretty fast being an alt-o-holic, but Blizzard really needs to come out with meaningful content outside of raids next expansion. World quests are NOT good content. They're shallow, repetitive, and generally not fun.
    WQ are not soooo bad. But when 90% of your WQ on Argus are "kill rare 1 2 3" they become very, very shallow.

Unfortunately I am certain once 7.3.5 is out that's just it, a raid, and Blizzard will be done with Legion and focusing on 8.0 completely. I don't expect new zones
    I'm expecting them to use that empty area west of Antoran Wastes (between the bridge we can't cross without dying and the actual Antorus building) for something. There are still in-game cutscenes seen in PTR but not in live, and I think there'll be at least one more chapter to the Argus campaign in which we will advance towards Antorus' gates before the raid is opened.

I don't expect them to add new areas, thought. Mostly upgrade Antoran Wastes. However, the idea of visiting that swamp he mentioned seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    WQ are not soooo bad. But when 90% of your WQ on Argus are "kill rare 1 2 3" they become very, very shallow.
    But that's just it - even the non-rare WG are shallow and boring. I have yet to do 1 WQ this expansion, Argus or not, that didn't feel like a chore or that I didn't want to complete as fast as possible.

The problem with wow is that outside of raiding, there is too much focus on reward, and not enough on actually fun gameplay. WQ give you things and are "content". But are they fun? Invasions give you things and are "content" but are they fun?

These systems were not designed to be fun - they were designed to shower you with rewards for tedious, mind-numbing gameplay, of which it's largely the same gameplay this game has had since day 1, only repackaged in a way to make it shinier.

I get that these are core to WoW - I don't really have any ideas as to what kind of content that Blizzard **could** create outside of raids that is fun and fulfilling by its gameplay alone. But then again, I'm not a game designer and this is Blizzard. Shouldn't we hold them to a higher standard?

I don't understand how people think that Argus stands as a better Timeless Isle/Tanaan - it's not, not even close. Not that those zones were great, but they had more going for them than Argus.

@infinitemeridian

I absolutely agree on everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    @infinitemeridian

I absolutely agree on everything you said.
    Just to prove that BLizzard is capable of adding meaningful gameplay to a game like WoW further down its lifecycle, pet battles are probably the kind of thing I'm referring to. It adds a lot to the game, it's completely separate from raiding, and is meaningful/fun/rewarding on its gameplay alone.

They need to make another system equivalent to pet-battles, rather than giving me a new WQ to kill 10 mobs over here, kill that mob over there, pilot this thing to shoot down 10 of these, etc...Honestly, the Kirin Tor WQ, as annoying as some of them can be are some of the best stuff added this expansion, along with things like the Lucid Nightmare puzzles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    But that's just it - even the non-rare WG are shallow and boring. I have yet to do 1 WQ this expansion, Argus or not, that didn't feel like a chore or that I didn't want to complete as fast as possible.

The problem with wow is that outside of raiding, there is too much focus on reward, and not enough on actually fun gameplay. WQ give you things and are "content". But are they fun? Invasions give you things and are "content" but are they fun?

These systems were not designed to be fun - they were designed to shower you with rewards for tedious, mind-numbing gameplay, of which it's largely the same gameplay this game has had since day 1, only repackaged in a way to make it shinier.

I get that these are core to WoW - I don't really have any ideas as to what kind of content that Blizzard **could** create outside of raids that is fun and fulfilling by its gameplay alone. But then again, I'm not a game designer and this is Blizzard. Shouldn't we hold them to a higher standard?

I don't understand how people think that Argus stands as a better Timeless Isle/Tanaan - it's not, not even close. Not that those zones were great, but they had more going for them than Argus.
    The Kirin Tor WQ were fun at the start but now they are just the same over and over and over...
    Last edited by Feali; 2017-09-15 at 05:19 PM.

The Kirin'tor WQ were fun at the start but now they are just the same over and over and over...
    That's what I'm saying - they need to create dynamic content that is fun AND repeatable.