Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    With there already being priests and paladins I don't see how a cleric would add anything worthwhile, though I would love to have a healing hero class.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have Pallies and Priests already (and Druids who are basically nature clerics and Shaman who are elementally-aligned clerics....and Monks).

I know that the Tinker idea is overused but it'd be interesting to have a healing spec that doesn't rely on magic. A tinker spec that uses chemicals and technology (like a healing spray or shoot syringes a la Ana from Overwatch) would be more ideal than another magic-using healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard or GTFO
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Bard or GTFO
    I would play a bard in a heartbeat. When I played Rift I played a bard. So much fucking fun. Blizzard give bard plz.

10+ Year Old Account
    At that point they can just give Paladins a 4th spec for ranged DPS and it would fill the exact same role.

We have too many classes and specs as it is, and I'd rather we never got any new ones ever... Blizzard already has far more on their plate for class balance than they can handle, they don't need to add more.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I'm not opposed to it. I just don't how you'd differentiate them from Paladins enough to justify an entirely new class.

Cleric is definitely a well-established fantasy trope, and it fits nicely in the mail armor slot that is sorely lacking. I just remarked about that recently to a guildie.

It would take another set of major class overhauls however, because it's going to need to steal abilities and concepts from both priests and paladins (and potentially DKs if you pushed a disease-oriented build) who will, in turn, potentially need to be re-worked, and even then I'm not sure you could really invent something distinct enough from those two to make the effort worthwhile.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

No new class
    No new race

At best a new spec for hunters, void form

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Cloth tank would be super interesting, but The Light is already present in two classes. If anything I'd expect such a concept to be a fourth spec for Priests.

For a Cloth Tank "Priest-like" they'd probably just operate like normal tanks, with lots of instant abilities.

If other classes like... I dunno, Frost Mage or Beast Master Hunter or Demonology Warlock became Tank, I'd expect them to do it with a pet, but not a Priest-like Class. Priests don't really have a place having pets anchored to their side and tanking. But if they did, they'd probably use a Light Elemental. Maybe the Cleric would take the damage for the Elemental, to make healing them doable without everyone having to turn on pet tracking in their addons.

I'd probably expect Clerics to use One-Handed Maces. Cloth or Mail either way probably. Main stat Intellect.
    I like the look of the holy runes on the guy's arms. Holy tatoos - might be unique enough of an angle to make it work.
    But I'd worry players would complain about too many Light classes. (Not me, though, I'd love it.)
    I actually had what I thought was an interesting idea for demo lock tanking. It'd function similar to brewmaster stagger where you summon demons that function like shields. Damage you take gets redirected towards them. and (supposing some sort of TKC carryover) instead of draining health and damaging the target with health from your demons you just heal yourself off of it.

Kind of like a rift defiler, in reverse. the "beacons" being your demons, and instead of damage from beacons to you, its damage from you to beacons

Tinker makes the most sense. It's different from existing classes, it's well established in Warcraft Lore, has a WC3 hero and various NPCs to pull abilities from, and has the factional stuff already built in via Goblins vs. Gnomes.

Clerics are just another form of Priest or Paladin.

Oh my god I never actually thought about Bards, what an amazing idea
    Maybe Bard would be a healing spec of a "ranger" type of class, where you play with bows but do magicstuff instead of physical stuff
    Dark rager, Bard Ranger and uhhhh what??? idk but sounds cool enough

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Sounds like every healer in the game. I mean let me guess. I will have like.. a HoT or bubble / maybe both.. a fast but expensive heal, a spammable no one uses heal, and a large slow heal. Then a big raid CD with a 3 min timer, a smaller 5-7 person group heal on a short CD thats expensive, a CD that interacts with a couple other heals thats a 3 min, a extental CD, a personal CD, and then about 4 damaging ability?

Yeah.. sounds like every healer is the same already.
    I'm not talking about gameplay, I'm talking about flavour. The class described is a paladin in mail, and a paladin is already basically a priest in plate.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'm not talking about gameplay, I'm talking about flavour. The class described is a paladin in mail, and a paladin is already basically a priest in plate.
    Which means playstyles are all the same and 2 of them are the same already. How far fetched is it. I mean truth be told I could care less either way. But it seems like a pretty odd thing to concrete in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Oh my god I never actually thought about Bards, what an amazing idea
    Maybe Bard would be a healing spec of a "ranger" type of class, where you play with bows but do magicstuff instead of physical stuff
    Dark rager, Bard Ranger and uhhhh what??? idk but sounds cool enough
    Marching songs to buff your allies.

Headbanging riffs to melt your enemies faces.

Class and Legendary balance was a shitshow this expansion.

We don't need any more classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    What I think would be cool:

Spell Breaker - Mail

Tank spec with tower shield and 1 glaive (think wc3 spellbreaker). Strong at controlling fights and stealing power from their enemies

"melee" dps spec with 2 glaives. But is actually midranged and works by throwing and catching the weapons (think Draven) combined with raw magic.

Healing spec. Mage enhancing his allies and rewind time to heal them. Also has strong debuffing spells.
    Debuffing/buffing specs/classes will probably never happen. While it can be cool in theory, keep in mind the issues people had with Warlocks DI usage, Rogues TotT, and even with Paladin buffs that were planned for Legion.
    Then add on that there would always be a specific amount that you would bring to raid to have every debuff/buff applied to the target or raid members. Anything over/under that specific amount would be useless. Another factor that Blizzard is trying to eliminate with their "bring the player, not the class," which obviously still applies at times.