Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Maybe you just uncovered Bolvars plan......

Imagine that, Bolvar bringing him back and fucking him up for what he made him into and then turn him into his own weapon. Full circle

Would like if he returned briefly in the story, maybe related to the Frost Dk artifact or Dks as a whole or just to talk with Jaina.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Arthas resurrected if it is done right.

In b4 Sylvanas finds a way to resurrect Arthas under her control.

Deleted
    Arthas as death knight wow... the end of TFT was his last failure, his last loss - the loss of his very soul.
    But then... METZEN-STRIKE and people were happy to see Arthas as Lichking.

while i do agree that arthas story is over, he coming back could lead to really interesting story plots, like him trying to redeem himself, he talking to jaina, he confronting the ebon blade, he talking with Anduin in some sort of "i was once like you" type of discussion, he confronting silvanas, etc.

The only posible plot that i dont see happening is bolvar resurrecting him for the sole purpose of getting revenge, doest matter what bolvar could do to him, whatever he is getting in the shadowlands right now is 100 worse

Doesn't Arthas' soul belong to Frostmourne?
    Wouldn't that make the Player Death Knight part Arthas now?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Doesn't Arthas' soul belong to Frostmourne?
    Wouldn't that make the Player Death Knight part Arthas now?
    arthas soul was released once frostmourne was shattered, he seems to be now in the ugliest part of the shadowlands (read silvanas short story)

We play in a game where time travel is not only possible but it has a whole dragonflight watching over it!

We also saw that multi universes exist and that mages can easily make portals to it

So to conclude anything is possible if blizz wakes up one morning and says 'LETS BRING BACK ARTHAS!!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    while i do agree that arthas story is over, he coming back could lead to really interesting story plots, like him trying to redeem himself, he talking to jaina, he confronting the ebon blade, he talking with Anduin in some sort of "i was once like you" type of discussion, he confronting silvanas, etc.

No. One of the worst things fiction creators can do is to compromise endings. The "Oh, they're not really dead!" and its variations is a prime example of this. Redemption is, usually, also a mistake because it undercuts everything we know about a villain. In this case... Arthas gets to be one of the larger evils we've seen. He shows no hesitation about anything he does throughout Wrath... but when he comes back he turns nice? A mentor to Anduin? No. He made poor choices sometimes for understandable reasons and at some point those choices led him down a truly evil path. A "Well now I see how I was wrong... " storyline compromises all of that.

Leave dead characters dead. Let evil characters be really evil. By all means, let us see why they do what they do so it's understandable (when running Culling of Stratholme you can understand why Arthas is doing what he's doing - he's trying to contain the effects of the plague and when Jaina and Uther plead with him not to do it at the start of the instance they don't offer another solution. He's killing innocents, true. But you can see why he's doing this evil.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No. One of the worst things fiction creators can do is to compromise endings. The "Oh, they're not really dead!" and its variations is a prime example of this. Redemption is, usually, also a mistake because it undercuts everything we know about a villain. In this case... Arthas gets to be one of the larger evils we've seen. He shows no hesitation about anything he does throughout Wrath... but when he comes back he turns nice? A mentor to Anduin? No. He made poor choices sometimes for understandable reasons and at some point those choices led him down a truly evil path. A "Well now I see how I was wrong... " storyline compromises all of that.

Leave dead characters dead. Let evil characters be really evil. By all means, let us see why they do what they do so it's understandable (when running Culling of Stratholme you can understand why Arthas is doing what he's doing - he's trying to contain the effects of the plague and when Jaina and Uther plead with him not to do it at the start of the instance they don't offer another solution. He's killing innocents, true. But you can see why he's doing this evil.
    i know that my english is not perfect but you should try to read what i wrote again because it seems you did not understand it, also you dont seem to understand arthas story very well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i know that my english is not perfect but you should try to read what i wrote again because it seems you did not understand it, also you dont seem to understand arthas story very well
    Oh well THAT'S a good response. Yeah, you convinced.... wait no you didn't.

I think you could, but it wouldn't really be Arthas anymore. When Arthas first changed into a DK in WC3 he wasn't himself anymore aswell, he was a special case where he turned into a DK without dying but rather lost his soul the moment he picked up Frostmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    So.. a death death knight?
    So would that make Darion a Death Death Knight?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Oh well THAT'S a good response. Yeah, you convinced.... wait no you didn't.
    at the beginning of my post i said that i agree that arthas´s story is over, i dont know how you missed that part, i only said that if they do he would have to have a redemption story that would be really interesting to see and it would be by no means a mistake but the only logical direction for his new story to take, i´ll explain why:

Yes Arthas was a prick, he did terrible things while he was alive, and yes he was left alone to confront a terrible decision which was more that he could handle, but you have to understand that from the moment he took Frostmourne, he didnt have a soul anymore, he was from now on the lich King´s puppet, everything that happen after this point is only "indirectly" his fault, i say indirectly because he is acounted for everything he did as a death knight only because he let himself be manipulated by malganis and the lich King, not because he was evil, arthas didnt want to kill his father, didnt want to destroy lordaeron, dalaran and queltanas and didnt want to bring archimonde into this world. The real arthas was inside frostmourne, he was probably forced to watch helpless as he destroyed everything he once loved, the same things continuous to happen after he becomes the lich King, this is why after we beat him he asks his father: "is it over?", this is because he didnt want to do all those things he just wasnt master of his own will. After Arthas dies his soul is sent to the ugliest part of the shadowlands where he is tortured over and over and over again (as seen in Silvanas short story). Now to adress the topic at hand, lets imagine he is resurrected, we can easily predict what would happen to him in this case using logic. He is now a death knight just as before he became the lich King, the difference? he now has a soul, he can feel remorse, he can make his own decisions, not only he is forced to confront and see and feel all the pain he caused but he also knows what will happen to him once he is dead again, he will go back to that hell, the only way to avoid it is to try t make things better so he can at least reduce his sentence in the afterworld. The same happened to Whitemane, she was really wicked in life, and so, she had a really bad time in the shadowlands, now she is again in the world of the living tryng to make amends for what she did because she knows that if she doesnt do this her punishment in the shadowlands will remain the same. So, there you have it, if arthas gets resurrected the only logical path he can follow is one of redemption which given his special conditions would be really interesting to see, but, ill repeat in case you missed the point again: IM NOT SAYING HE SHOULD BE RESURRECTED AT ALL
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2017-09-17 at 02:34 AM.

If you think they're leaving Arthas dead, you're extremely naive. He will absolutely be back because he is one of the most infamous warcraft villains. Much like Gul'dan, I strongly suspect we'll be seeing him again sometime soon when a future expansion needs it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If enough remains were found and we bought his soul back from the shadowlands then yes it's possible.

While I do believe we Gona have to fight bolvar in either a patch or expac soon I'm doubting we Gona have a redemption story for arthas maybe fight ober his remains(I see player character dk stealing these for new class hall mission next expac)