Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    These forums are so full of uniform worship that it's completely pointless to debate issues like this. Whatever someone in a uniform does, they're always 100% correct, because they're in a uniform.

Which is hilarious, really, because a lot of those same uniform worshippers are people who repeat the "smaller government!" -mantra day after day, apparently not realizing that uniforms are the tip of the spear of the government. Uniforms are what makes government big.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    The pre-defined punishment for speeding and running away from the police should be a bullet to the head.
    I like this...growing tired of people not respecting the law and getting away with it when caught.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    The pre-defined punishment for speeding and running away from the police should be a bullet to the head.
    I like this...growing tired of people not respecting the law and getting away with it when caught.
    The authoritarianism is real. Can't be for authoritarianism and at the same time yell about freedoms though. I hope you both remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Absolutely.
    Sadly we have a bunch of idiots who thinks it's justified to beat someone to death if you run from the police.
    It's them bringing us one step closer to fascism.
    Or on the other hand we have a bunch of idiots who think it's justified to attack/kill/run from the police. It's bringing us one step closer to anarchy.

I can play this game too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I don't think that could happen in EU-countries, not even with their terror-alert as high as it is in some.
    Is it because the EU has higher speed limits a la Autobahn so what was speeding here in the US would be fine there? =-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Let's assume that he's a criminal, neither stopping a "feeling criminal" nor "bringing him to justices" equates to "breaking his ribs". There isn't much to discuss here until you get some English lessons.

- - - Updated - - -

We got a badass here.
    He broke his own ribs for driving too quickly and driving into something. Good thing it was some police cars with officers inside who were prepared and not, I dunno, the wall of your children's bedroom where they're fast asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Yea, but look at how many uneducated posters this forum has. McJob workers who think they're lawyers and climate scientists. The asshole fled from police in a high pursuit and was legally stopped. Hold someone accountable for their actions for once.
    I'm all for freedom but that stops when your actions put the life of others at risk because of selfish reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The authoritarianism is real. Can't be for authoritarianism and at the same time yell about freedoms though. I hope you both remember that.
    Freedoms =/= breaking the law, bro. You remind me of those sovereign citizen whackjobs who proclaim the law doesn't apply to them because reasons.

I have lived in 4 states during the course of 38 years and have yet to personally witness a cop hit someone or shot someone. Not saying it doesn't happen and that it doesn't happen to often but I think people that only see things from a distance, know as the internet, have this persepction that in American cities you hear constant banging of gunfire and the SS oppressing citizens in the streets.

It would be like an American asking questions about Europe like:

Are Muslims in control of the EU now? All I see on the news is stuff about Muslims in Europe. Do you guys when going out at night or to work wear full bomb squad gear for protection against the constant explosions you fairy to and from though each day? They are bloodthirsty but your governments seem ok with it as they let more in and do little about the problem. I mean seriously guys its all I see on the news over here in the states about Europe. That and people fighting in football stands. Is Europe an extremely violent place?

Pretty fucking ridiculous I know. But that is pretty much the level of questions we as Americans see on these forums as a constant stream of either extremely ignorant Europeans or extremely trollish ones post just and endless stream of garbage here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Freedoms =/= breaking the law, bro.
    Laws restrict your freedom, "bro", and law enforcement enforces those restrictions. If you're fine with law enforcement enforcing all laws, and you worship at the altar of the uniform, then you're fine with all laws, and thus you're fine with legislators creating new laws, as well. I mean, if it's a law, it has to be enforced, right?

That one day a law bites you, personally, in the ass, what do you do? You can't complain about it. You're not allowed to complain about taxes. That's the law. You're not allowed to complain about any law, actually, because law enforcement enforces laws, and law enforcement is always right, and can do no wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-09-17 at 12:54 PM.

maybe he ran because he thought he was gonna get shot
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    last night near me a guy is caught up in a pursuit that was ended by a police officer intentionally pulling out in front of him. the guy has 2 broken ribs, a broken knee and god knows what else. a local article says he sustained life threatening injuries.

all because they wanted to stop him for speeding lol

it's literally all they got him for

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.

No link to the story?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

last night near me a guy is caught up in a pursuit that was ended by a police officer intentionally pulling out in front of him. the guy has 2 broken ribs, a broken knee and god knows what else. a local article says he sustained life threatening injuries.

It seems like all you ever see on the news these days anymore is that cops are killing people.
    jebus if this and the title isnt clickbait. what you are saying here is the biggest crock of shit i have ever read. a criminal endangers the lives of others. they have to be stopped immediately. do also keep in mind, your title says "bloodthirsty" like its all over the place in mass numbers. even illegal police brutality doesnt score in large numbers in the usa with a population of 320+ million people. stop being so naive and gullible

Laws restrict your freedom, "bro", and law enforcement enforces those restrictions. If you're fine with law enforcement enforcing all laws, and you worship at the altar of the uniform, then you're fine with all laws, and thus you're fine with legislators creating new laws, as well. I mean, if it's a law, it has to be enforced, right?

That one day a law bites you, personally, in the ass, what do you do? You can't complain about it. You're not allowed to complain about taxes. That's the law. You're not allowed to complain about any law, actually, because law enforcement enforces laws, and law enforcement is always right, and can do no wrong.
    I'm sure Finland has laws correct? Do you have police officers? Do you have criminals? If someone busted down your door while you're away and steals everything, who do you call?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too hard to say from what you posted what might have been a proper way to stop the speeder.

How fast was he driving, and where? Was the driver possibly under influence? How recklessly was he driving? Did the police know him beforehand, and was he considered dangerous?

It might very well have been proper to stop him like that.

However, I do agree that the police over there are acting like common thugs, and getting away with it way too often. Not all of the policemen are the kind to shove a floor lamp up some black guys ass, but few too many are.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-09-17 at 01:09 PM.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue here. I'm totally fine with the law telling me I can't drive at unsafe speeds, murder people, break people's windows, beat them with bats, and other things that you seem to think are "restricting my freedoms". For some reason you seem to think the situation is binary. That there's either no controls whatsoever on people's behavior and no punishment; or "worshipping at the altar of uniforms" with nothing in between.

They can get away with murder. Of course they're going to be bloodthirsty.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

As long as you continue to live with in a culture and society that believes in law and order these things will continue to happen when a few decide they would rather not.

Don't run from police. They will decide if you're a danger to others, and act accordingly. The cops usually reflect the elements they're up against.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I don't think that could happen in EU-countries, not even with their terror-alert as high as it is in some.

There's a reason for why many countries in the EU have the question of "why won't the police use harsher methods?" raised regularly. Last time was here in Sweden where 2 police officers just sat huddled in their police car and watched hooligans run rampant.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-17 at 01:30 PM.

Yea don’t run from the police and you won’t get wrecked. Got what he deserved.

So he was speeding and then - instead of pulling over when he was caught - led the cops on a high speed pursuit until they stopped him by blocking his path. Now he's injured and bitching. How was this supposed to end? Like the Dukes of Hazzard, where he's free once he passes the county line? Believe it or not, the priority for the cops just then is protecting the rest of us, who that moron might have run over.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    the priority for the cops just then is protecting the rest of us, who that moron might have run over.
    LOL No, it's not. The only people that pigs protect are the crooked members of their gang. Oh and this.