Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post

This is him. They'll probably say he is mentally ill.
    So judging by the flag he is gay? O God, the city is going to get burned to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What would you say?
    Mentally ill, with very low testosterone levels judging by his facial features and thin shoulders. Low testosterone in men can be very destructive, often leading to suicidal thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

wtf is going with double posting...

The article said he attacked with one of these.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    So judging by the flag he is gay? O God, the city is going to get burned to the ground.
    From the article:
    “I’m bisexual, nonbinary, and intersex,” the profile says, adding “they” or “their” are the appropriate ways address Schultz instead of he/she. “When I’m not running Pride or doing classwork I mostly play (Dungeons and Dragons) and try to be politically active.”

Deleted
    From the article:
    “I’m bisexual, nonbinary, and intersex,” the profile says, adding “they” or “their” are the appropriate ways address Schultz instead of he/she. “When I’m not running Pride or doing classwork I mostly play (Dungeons and Dragons) and try to be politically active.”
    Busted for not reading the full article.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...us-police.html

"The 21-year-old can be heard on camera telling officers 'shoot me'"

So its suicide by cop and the parents are already looking to sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    Officers from my understanding are trained not to take chances such as that. It doesn't take long for someone to close the distance and stab you with an object. All it can take is a bit of hesitation and you're either dead or severely injured.

Why they didn't use a non-lethal device is beyond me though, granted, the report they received (I gleaned from the article) said the individual in question had a knife and possibly a gun. The latter of which is why they maybe didn't utilize non-lethals in the first place.
    It does take quite some time actually.
    I'd presume that it would take quite some time for a chubby long hair geek to run to a trained police officer and do any kind of damage.

It is still dangerous for the officer, sure. But the officer was not alone there, he was accompanied by other officers.

And you would say that that guy wielding a multi tool (hell let's say it wasn't a multi tool, but a 3 feet long machete whatever) was posing such a threat to several police officers?
    When he starts walking there is 8-10 m between him and the policemen. They had plenty of time to just walk back, surround him and use non lethal force. They just didn't have to and chose to shoot him. Not saying it is illegal, he had a weapon and all, but if I was a US citizen i'd expect police officers to be more reluctant to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    It is still dangerous for the officer, sure.
    And it ends there.

Giving threats the benefit of the doubt at the expense of their own safety isn't in their job description.

I'd presume that it would take quite some time for a chubby long hair geek to run to a trained police officer and do any kind of damage.

It is still dangerous for the officer, sure. But the officer was not alone there, he was accompanied by other officers.

And you would say that that guy wielding a multi tool (hell let's say it wasn't a multi tool, but a 3 feet long machete whatever) was posing such a threat to several police officers?
    When he starts walking there is 8-10 m between him and the policemen. They had plenty of time to just walk back, surround him and use non lethal force. They just didn't have to and chose to shoot him. Not saying it is illegal, he had a weapon and all, but if I was a US citizen i'd expect police officers to be more reluctant to kill.
    A threat is a threat. I mean if someone is going to charge at you with any kind of blade (or hell, period) are you going to just allow them to do so or try to manhandle them?

No. Situation is unfortunate but what happened is all on the perpetrator. If you feel the police could more readily use non-lethals and training with these weapons, fine. Bring it up to the state but don't blame the cops for ultimately doing what they did when the nutter forced their hand to act.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

In the video, the standoff unfolds over a little less than 2 minutes, with the suspect repeatedly moving towards them and the cops attempting to back up to maintain distance while repeatedly ordering the suspect to drop the weapon.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    A life lost always sucks but the cops gave her[?] plenty of time to comply and she refused and in fact, told them to shoot her. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

P.S. If you need to self-qualify as multiple "gender identities", you're part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Mentally ill, with very low testosterone levels judging by his facial features and thin shoulders. Low testosterone in men can be very destructive, often leading to suicidal thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

wtf is going with double posting...
    This sounds very homophobic.

Tazer? Rubber bullets? Tear gas? Flashbang?
    Shoot the guy in the knee?
    Do people still not understand that you don't shoot to wound?

Anyway, if that's what really went down then the cop is justified.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What's that got to do with homosexuals?

10+ Year Old Account
    why is there university police and why do they have guns?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Mental illness gets in the way.
    is that what we called dumbassery over 10 years ago all the way back to the beginning of time?

is it called mental illness now? i just wanna be sure. i wonder if it's a mental illness when i don't wanna stay at work 2 more hours to finish out the day

I wouldn't be surprised if it was suicide by cop. If it wasn't, I don't know. You have to know cops are raging bullies itching to for an excuse to murder someone, 9 times out of 10 (really, 10 times out of 10, but I guess there's new cops who think they're making a difference, but they'll either quit or become bullies too), so pulling something like this is crazy otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Do people still not understand that you don't shoot to wound?
    It's common police procedure in European nations to try wounding first (after non-lethal measures have failed) before going straight to killing people.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    why is there university police and why do they have guns?
    Alot of large universities have their own police department. Hell my university has it's own zipcode within the city.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

it's called Low Testosterone https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/11-...-testosterone/

it's pathetic that you immediately attempt to be offended by a scientific fact

you owe him an apology or you don't have a hair on your ass