Poll: Should we go back to the old legendary drops?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Back to the old....

I know this will come off as elitist, but...whatever...

I have noticed that gear value is getting less and less "awesome" to get.

Seems as the years go by, blues are new green, epics are the new blue, and it seems like Legendary gear is slowly making its way as being the new epic.

On that note, this poll is Should we go back to the old legendary method?

Please note - I've never gotten one in old WoW.

Should it be the last boss of the expansion has this drop rate of dropping something (Say a head piece that will fit each class and spec)

LFR - 0%
    Normal - .01%
    Heroic - .1%
    Mythic - 1%

This would make legendary weapons seem more...legendary..

I personally was not a fan of questing to get a legendary and now you can have 2 equipped at once.
    Next expansion might have a legendary gear set and you're in full legondaries in the expansion after that..

Hate all you want, just a thought...opinions?
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    fuuuuuuuuuuuck no, 2% legendaries were the worst way blizzard handled legendaries
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary as drops are a crap system.
    It was back then and it is now.
    Bring back Legendary quests like Shadowmourne/cloak/ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    On that note, this poll is Should we go back to the old legendary method?
    The old method of an extremely rare drop? No.
    The old method of crafting the item after getting extremely rare drops? No.
    The old method of long and involving quest chains after getting extremely rare drops? No.

Generally speaking, no.

Deleted
    Yeah either that or bring in an item level above legendary. A true new item tier not just gimmick talent trees. We know from pokemon that above Legendary is Mythical.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    The old method of long and involving quest chains after getting extremely rare drops? No.

Generally speaking, no.
    And why not?

You actually come off as a casual. Anyone who says the value of gear has gone down simply doesn't play legion or understand how to maximize their character.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account

Generally speaking, no.
    So you think legendary gear in general is a bad idea?
    Selling myself out below

Legendaries should just die a death

There is no way to implement it without pissing someone off!

Too low a droprate you get people bitching about RNG! and Guild drama on who gets the Legendary when all the stars align and it finally drops!
    Class only questchains you get other classes bitching then you get the satisfaction of seeing that rogue you help get his legendary Gquit!!!
    Everyone gets a legendary leaves some people feeling like they have no real prestige anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You actually come off as a casual. Anyone who says the value of gear has gone down simply doesn't play legion or understand how to maximize their character.
    I don't see how. I've been playing this game since vanilla and I remember seeing someone with a legendary and being amazed.
    Now, everyone has them....

I'd personally just like that feeling back.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.

We should go back to long quest lines in corporations with raiding and dungeons to unlock legendaries. And I'm not even joking.

Create like, 2 legendaries pr. spec pr. class, give each legendary a set questline and their own progression pr. legendary begun. They should all be able to be completed via the use of Heroic Dungeons, Mythic Dungeons and the use of Looking For Raid, Normal, Heroic and Mythic raiding. They should take about 2 months to complete, and should be locked down to 2 quests at a time.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-09-18 at 07:57 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Shadowmourne, it was the best way to gain a legendary (and max for like 3 people, realistically if your guild is decent and has interest for a long time).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Yeah either that or bring in an item level above legendary. A true new item tier not just gimmick talent trees. We know from pokemon that above Legendary is Mythical.
    Pokemon rarity levels has nothing to do with WoW rarity levels. It can be named Eternal like in Rift for all I care...

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    And why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    So you think legendary gear in general is a bad idea?
    I believe another tier of rarity is needed. With the questing gear getting random upgrades, blue really is the new green etc. With the amount of Orange items in this expansion, and the SPECULATION that we will be getting more Orange items soon, it makes sense to introduce a new tier of rarity. That's why I do not feel like we should be going back to the old drop method(s). I don't give a crap about the name Legendary, it means absolutely nothing. The stats and effects on the item, if any, is what matter to me. The colour of the item means nothing to me either. They can change the current colour scheme to 50 shades of grey for all I care. Call it whatever, colour it whatever. But if we stick to current system, a new tier would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon rarity levels has nothing to do with WoW rarity levels. It can be named Eternal like in Rift for all I care...

I believe another tier of rarity is needed. With the questing gear getting random upgrades, blue really is the new green etc. With the amount of Orange items in this expansion, and the SPECULATION that we will be getting more Orange items soon, it makes sense to introduce a new tier of rarity. That's why I do not feel like we should be going back to the old drop method(s). I don't give a crap about the name Legendary, it means absolutely nothing. The stats and effects on the item, if any, is what matter to me. The colour of the item means nothing to me either. They can change the current colour scheme to 50 shades of grey for all I care. Call it whatever, colour it whatever. But if we stick to current system, a new tier would be nice.
    I see where you are coming from. In general, I miss the "wow" factor a super are drop(like a legendary) gave you. Sucks they became the "norm"
    Selling myself out below

Deleted
    By the old standards, Legendaries are just the epics of today in terms of how rare they are.

Deleted
    The point is, legendary like Shadowmourne are.... how can i say.... useless? You get a legendary weapon after you did the most difficult content. Gz! Bravo! You can now log off till next expac/raid!

I am saying the legendary system we have is perfect? Hell no.

Deleted
    Legendary items should be rare and be non RNG based.

Like have 100% of a achievement tab complete you get a legendary pet, mount or item ect.
    My opinion ofc this way ppl can work toward something and every exp pack when the achievement tab gets bigger you can increase the legendary item.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The point is, legendary like Shadowmourne are.... how can i say.... useless? You get a legendary weapon after you did the most difficult content. Gz! Bravo! You can now log off till next expac/raid!

I am saying the legendary system we have is perfect? Hell no.
    This I agree with. I never stabbed the DW daggers in anger once that hellish grind was over, literally never wanted to play the toon again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class specific or expansion-long quest chains worked fine if you ask me. Put a bunch of effort in, get a guaranteed OP as shit item out on the other end. As long as you can expect most people to have it, it balances itself.

Random-drop legendaries is a shit system, ESPECIALLY if it's just from 1 boss

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me legendarys with out a quest line arnt even legendarys. Look at illidans glaves or the sun we'll bow they have next to no lore about them they might as well be fancy purples with effects.

Deleted
    newbie scum wont like it, because they want everything handed to them on a plate with the least amount of effort.
    by newbie scum i mean everyone from TBC onwards!!