View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You. Because what you just described is an egregiously twisted and irrational way to interpret the facts. There are no objectively-determined "consequences for her actions", in the first place, and arguing as if there were is fundamentally wrong and intellectually dishonest.

The entire point is that Germany does not agree that the consequences for her actions should be that. And as she's a German citizen, their viewpoint matters.

No, it's the process of sending someone back to their home country either because they committed a crime there or because they have been tried and sentenced in your own country and their home country wants them to be returned.

You can't exclude the latter and act like you're making a reasonable argument.
    I just don't see it happening to be honest. What leverage does Germany have over Iraq?

Also...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Civil_War_(2014 to present)

"Nearly 19,000 civilians have been killed in Iraq in ISIL-linked violence between January 2014 and October 2015. ISIL executed up to 1,700 Shia Iraqi Air Force cadets from Camp Speicher near Tikrit on 12 June 2014. The genocide of Yazidis by ISIL has led to the expulsion, flight and effective exile of the Yazidi people from their ancestral lands in northern Iraq"

Considering what the Iraqis are facing I don't see them conceding to Germany because the EU thinks Iraq is too mean to enemy combatants.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Because only one is wantonly killing anyone, and the other isn't. But you knew that when you wrote that.
    Yeah, but some people here WANT to. They're thirsty for blood. They want to see this person's death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm a little torn over it, and your example is why. That said, I tend to lean more to the idea of you get tried and prosecuted in the land you committed the crime, because I don't like the idea of diplomatic immunity. If someone committed a crime in my country, I would not think it fair or just that they receive no punishment or that they can just keep breaking our laws ad infinitum because it's not a crime in their country.

Ignorantia juris non excusat

Ultimately it's still up to the individual to know and follow the laws of the land they are traveling to. Apparently in Iraq "joining a terrorist organization" is a big no-no.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are a bit confused. I think there are very few people who want to kill anyone they see as an "enemy". That's kinda an Antifa mindset, but I don't think they even go that far..at least in their public views.

The people I see in this thread are only for killing enemies who have sworn to kill them.

I think that distinction matters, and your willing disregard of it is disingenuous.

As far as "what makes us better?"

- They have no problem killing anyone that their beliefs tell them to kill and constantly kill innocents, including children, for the sake of their cause.
    - "We" are only in favor of killing enemies who have openly attacked and killed us.

You honestly can't see a difference there?
    People in the this thread have said shit like "hang the bitch" "Film it" and all kinds of disturbing shit. This girl, far as I know, didn't attack and kill anyone. She's just a part of the machine that has, and wants to. Does that warrant calling for her death? Why? This immediate blanket reaction to that is distressing.

I'm not going to lose sleep over what happens to her, but the people actually so damned blood thirsty that they WANT her to die is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Would you be okay with an American woman being whipped for driving a car in Saudi Arabia? Same freaking difference, folks.
    I understand the matter of principle you're using, but it's not quite the same difference. I mean, comparing someone who joined ISIS to someone who breached a ridiculous sexist third-world law aren't exactly apples to apples.

However, I do not believe Linda Wenzel should face any punishment. She was a young person on the internet who was groomed by an adult predator. Punishing her for what she did is exactly akin to punishing a 16 year old girl because a domestic pedophile groomed her, lured her to his home and raped her. She was a child who was groomed by terrorists, the sadists calling for her blood need a massive reality check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    This girl, far as I know, didn't attack and kill anyone.
    This is why you should read before you start to pontificate. Her own statements say she did kill people.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/407864...s-bride-trial/
    He said: "We found her with a gun in her hand next to her Chechen husband, who was then killed by Iraqi forces in a firefight. She said she had killed a number of our men in the battle."

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This is why you should read before you start to pontificate. Her own statements say she did kill people.

Still, the insane desire for blood on this forum is distressing regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I understand the matter of principle you're using, but it's not quite the same difference. I mean, comparing someone who joined ISIS to someone who breached a ridiculous sexist third-world law aren't exactly apples to apples.

However, I do not believe Linda Wenzel should face any punishment. She was a young person on the internet who was groomed by an adult predator. Punishing her for what she did is exactly akin to punishing a 16 year old girl because a domestic pedophile groomed her, lured her to his home and raped her. She was a child who was groomed by terrorists, the sadists calling for her blood need a massive reality check.
    So you are handwaving away murder... got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, the insane desire for blood on this forum is distressing regardless.
    Tell it to the families of her victims.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So you are handwaving away murder... got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell it to the families of her victims.
    ..... I don't think that's the angle people saying "hang the bitch" are going with here.

Yeah, but some people here WANT to. They're thirsty for blood. They want to see this person's death.

- - - Updated - - -

People in the this thread have said shit like "hang the bitch" "Film it" and all kinds of disturbing shit. This girl, far as I know, didn't attack and kill anyone. She's just a part of the machine that has, and wants to. Does that warrant calling for her death? Why? This immediate blanket reaction to that is distressing.

I'm not going to lose sleep over what happens to her, but the people actually so damned blood thirsty that they WANT her to die is depressing.
    So to you, joining an army is the same as being an innocent bystander? I'm not sure what distinction you are trying to draw. Most folks I talk to agree that once you join an army you lose your "innocent civilian" card.

- - - Updated - - -

..... I don't think that's the angle people saying "hang the bitch" are going with here.
    What if we say, "prosecute her legally and pending the verdict and a sentence of death, execute her as humanely as possible". You cool with that?

People have really comprehension problems. An Iraqi soldier said she was sniper. Pardon me, but I doubt that a German girl with no former training and especially in ISIS (you might have heard, not exactly the most liberal outfit on here) could end up being a sniper...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    So to you, joining an army is the same as being an innocent bystander? I'm not sure what distinction you are trying to draw. Most folks I talk to agree that once you join an army you lose your "innocent civilian" card.
    Just... calm the bloodlust down a little is all I'm saying. Eagerly calling for someone's death and just saying there are consequences for actions are two different things.

The way some people talk, they wish they could watch live televised executions of anyone they've decided is an enemy of the state or something. Wantonly killing isn't always the answer, and even when it is, it isn't something that needs to have this sort of... I don't know, religious-like fervor about it. In the pursuit of justice, don't lose your empathy and humanity, I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    People have really comprehension problems. An Iraqi soldier said she was sniper. Pardon me, but I doubt that a German girl with no former training and especially in ISIS (you might have heard, not exactly the most liberal outfit on here) could end up being a sniper...
    You seem to want to ignore where she admitted to killing people... but I would expect nothing less from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Just... calm the bloodlust down a little is all I'm saying. Eagerly calling for someone's death and just saying there are consequences for actions are two different things.

The way some people talk, they wish they could watch live televised executions of anyone they've decided is an enemy of the state or something. Wantonly killing isn't always the answer, and even when it is, it isn't something that needs to have this sort of... I don't know, religious-like fervor about it. In the pursuit of justice, don't lose your empathy and humanity, I don't know.
    you want folks to 'calm down'... Perhaps you should exercise some of that calm you want others to show. I for one would like to see the facts before passing judgement.

You seem to want to ignore where she admitted to killing people... but I would expect nothing less from you.

- - - Updated - - -

you want folks to 'calm down'... Perhaps you should exercise some of that calm you want others to show. I for one would like to see the facts before passing judgement.
    Dude, have you seen the other shit people have been saying in here? I think saying "calm down" is warranted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, have you seen the other shit people have been saying in here? I think saying "calm down" is warranted.
    Dude, I have seen. Does that mean you have to act in the same manner? Set an example for the others to emulate. Act rational.

The US Marine Corps is renown for our marksmanship. Would you be surprised if I told you we only get two weeks of rifle training out of the 3 months in Boot Camp? Only takes a few days to teach someone how to ISIS caliber "sniper".

I taught my daughter how to shoot in about 30 minutes of instruction (with no actually shooting, just teaching her fundamentals), when she was 10 or 11, and she out shot a couple dozen boys (boy scout types) who had been shooting for a few years and my daughter brought home the trophy. Making a 16 year old girl a sniper actually makes the most sense of where you would put her from a tactical stand point.

Dude, I have seen. Does that mean you have to act in the same manner? Set an example for the others to emulate. Act rational.
    What did I do that acts in the same manner? All I've said is calm with the bloodthirst, yo. It's disturbing!

- - - Updated - - -

Again, in that link, an Iraqi soldier (the most reliable force on the planet) says she admitted this.

But I must imagine that ISIS is not exactly know for being very open toward female liberation.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-09-19 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, in that link, an Iraqi soldier (the most reliable force on the planet) says she admitted this.
    More reliable than your 'usual suspects' trope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Oh you mean like people who support punching Nazis in the streets. I agree morality seems to be a lost art.
    I agree with that, actually. You shouldn't punch someone just because they're awful. In fact, you shouldn't punch anyone at all unless they're about to harm you or someone else.

Just send her to Sweden and give her a new identity like all of the rest of the jihadists lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck anyone who stands with ISIS, they all deserve a slow painful death.