Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    The highest good of the german constitution is the freedom and dignity of a human person, and therefore speech that attacks this dignity must be forbidden.

Expressing opinions is perfectly legal in germany. But not if they are against the law, for example holocaust denying, or racist / antisemitic / nazi propaganda.

It is forbidden to incite hate, propagate enemys of the consitution, and it is forbidden to insult people. Insulting a person is seen the same as hitting it with a fist or shooting it, because persons do actually have rights in germany.

We dont randomly shoot People (like it happens in the US on a daily bases, were shooting or telling someone to do so seems to be under the "free speech catagory" , and we dont randomly insult. Hurting a persons feeling or honor is a crime.

Freedom of speech is only free as long as it doesnt hurt persons or denies historic facts like holocaust / genocide or is racist in germany.

But, as we are not that morally prude, we can have naked bodies and bare tits in TV at all times, and we even have naked women doing adds for yogurt.

Freedom of speech is stopped where it attacks the dignity of person, because a persons right of beeing a natural, unharmed person is valued higher than The right of said person to say /writ someting or physically attack another person.
    Did you describe Germany here, or North Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Did you describe Germany here, or North Korea?
    That's a pretty solid description of the German constitutional system regarding human rights. It's a bit off in that mere attacks on your dignity are not strictly forbidden or hate speechey. There's a misdemeanor paragraph for insults. So you get a minor fine, 20-50 bucks or so, for insulting someone. But that's rarely ever invoked. Mostly, because the paragraph assumes retribution is had when you counter-insult... which is the case in 9 out of 10 cases. So yeah, the law has a bit of humor in it, too. If someone calls you an ass, just call him an ass back and everyone's fine.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Yeah well, what can you do about it? I learned to live with it. Turkish society is rotting with an exponential growth, and I think Erdogan is a fine reflection of the society: greedy, disrespectful, non-idealist and lacks any sort of morality.

It's going to take decades to recover after he's gone.
    It's pretty sad considering at least parts of the country was starting to progress.

So I finally watched the video...

I find it kind of disingenuous to be honest. The term fake news seems to be a shield to any and all critism and while I admit its a important issue... there is a lot they are trying to shove under the rug with it.