Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I started playing divinity 2, and well, i had not played the first one, and the game was not exactly what i expected.
    I expected a very similar game to BG/icewindale, but nope, it feels very different in terms of gameplay, more like might and magic.
    So i liked it a lot, and decided to stop playing it, and started playing the first one before going into the second, so i chose tactician mode, and started playing it.
    With the only exception of DS series, i had not been so interested in playing a videogame for years.
    I understand it is a videogame not for everyone, but if you happen to like this kind of RPGs, this game is absolutely amazing, i lose track of time when i am playing it, and for someone not too familiar with the mechanics, tactician mode is hard as hell, and also very rewarding.
    I hope div 2 does well in the sales department, because this is a game series i am gonna be playing as long as they keep doing them.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-09-19 at 10:32 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the game does well in sales department, it got lots of pre-orders in terms of kickstarter campaign and it sold more than 500k already since release
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    try lone wolf with 2 summoners 10% damage health magic and normal armor per point and you can summon them buff them and send them in without ever being pulled into combat your self.
    Yeah, that´s even better but the joy of killing anything with just one turn and almost infinite AC is almost orgasmic with rogue in classic mode. For higher difficulties I rather go with necromancer to be honest though I´m testing some builds that are also pretty decent on tactician.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the Polymorph skill? Are people finding its worth putting points into?
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I propose that Divinity Original Sin 2 is not even game of the year...but game of the decade! WHO'S WITH ME?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I propose that Divinity Original Sin 2 is not even game of the year...but game of the decade! WHO'S WITH ME?
    Whoa.. hold your horses I want original sin 3 to be a thing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    How is the Polymorph skill? Are people finding its worth putting points into?
    It's really useful for mobility with the wings you can fly every turn for 3 turns and it has a lot of cc with the disarm and turning people into chickens and know down from bull horns and some defence with iron heart and invis I'd say it's great for cc and some defence not so much For damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really useful for mobility with the wings you can fly every turn for 3 turns and it has a lot of cc with the disarm and turning people into chickens and know down from bull horns and some defence with iron heart and invis I'd say it's great for cc and some defence not so much For damage.
    Cool. That sounds like something my main character would get a lot of traction out of. I noticed that when you put points into Polymorph Skill it gives you an ability point. But is it worth tanking more than a few ranks in?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Cool. That sounds like something my main character would get a lot of traction out of. I noticed that when you put points into Polymorph Skill it gives you an ability point. But is it worth tanking more than a few ranks in?
    I'd say it depends if you have lone wolf or not,without lone wolf I'd say it's not worth jumping points into as the abilitys don't scale off your polymorth skill I currently have mine at the minimum for learning the spells as I don't put to much weight in raw ability points. If you have lone wolf though you get double the benifits from abilitys and attributes so every one point in polymorth will give you two ability points and each ability point is worth double so if you really wanted to you could mass boost your stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it depends if you have lone wolf or not,without lone wolf I'd say it's not worth jumping points into as the abilitys don't scale off your polymorth skill I currently have mine at the minimum for learning the spells as I don't put to much weight in raw ability points. If you have lone wolf though you get double the benifits from abilitys and attributes so every one point in polymorth will give you two ability points and each ability point is worth double so if you really wanted to you could mass boost your stats.
    Cool, gotcha. I am definitely not Lone Wolfing it. Too many interesting NPC's I want to adventure with. I think I might take your advice and just put a few points in it for the CC and mobility potential.

I like Polymorph :
    - Bull Horns is great for mobility.
    - Medusa head, if you have lots of mobs with low or no Magic Armor it's golden (a certain fight in the marsh on first island ). And it scales with Str.
    - Wings are really good for mobility too.
    -Chicken + Rupture Tendons from Scoundrel is a strong combo.
    -Chameleon is like any other invi.
    -Tentacle is an okay move.

Didn't test the others yet but I see a lot of cool stuff in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you respec all characters?

I clicked on the mirror when I was solo with my main character, but haven't tried with others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Can you respec all characters?

I clicked on the mirror when I was solo with my main character, but haven't tried with others.
    Yes, indeed, you certainly can

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yes, indeed, you certainly can
    Awesome, got some tidying up to do as I made some choices early on I now don't agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I progressed a little bit further through Fort Joy and now I have to say I am sold on the Summoning skill tree. While I don't have incredibly high Summoning Skill yet, the ability to drop Totems every round and simultaneously have an Incarnate out is amazing. I'm rethinking my original plan of having my main character Summon and use a 2-Hander because right now she is mainly dropping Totems every round and firing a Dimensional Bolt (or Healing) if the Incarnate is out.

The team is also mostly working out. I have Beast set up as a Ranger (he's basically Varric) and just got enough points in Polymorph to get him the Wings, which turns him into a "Beast", as well as giving him a little Scoundrel skill for Adrenaline. Fane is just a straight Wizard and mainly is setting up area of denials with Fire, and making enemies sit in Fire is just awesome. Red Prince is my only questionable party member. I have him set up as a 2-Handed Fighter, but he doesn't do incredible damage, enemies seem to ignore him (except with AoE), and he doesn't have any great CC. I think I need to retool him a bit, but not sure how to handle it.

Sorry for this question that is always asked for every sequel:

Do I have to had played the first game to enjoy this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Nope, can play it as your first Divinity game. It's practically standalone.

In other news, finally got a choice to swap out my Barbarian tag for a Scholar one! A little late in the game, but the Barbarian tag wasn't quite what I expected, glad to be rid of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Awesome, got some tidying up to do as I made some choices early on I now don't agree with.
    The only downside is that their portraits changes when you do. It's just a slight thing but it irritates me somehow!

7+ Year Old Account
    This has to be the best RPG I have played in many years. Beautiful looking game, engaging combat, lore very easy to get into, and fantastic soundtrack. Nearing the end of Act one, but I have loved it thus far.