Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's not about being serious or hardcore.

Here's an example:

Havoc Demon Hunters top DPS spec and best rotation wise is constantly fury starved.

This means you stand there auto-attacking with no worthwhile buttons to press. Waiting for fury. This is not good gameplay, it ruins the flow and feel of what Blizzard themselves describes as a "fast paced mobile class".

Anger of the Half Giants increases your fury gain. This smoothes out gameplay and feel. It makes it more fun to play.

^This is literally a fix to a design flaw, in a legendary.

Not to mention that someone without it will be 100-200k DPS behind someone who does have it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad someone doesn't have their head stuck so far up their(or Blizzards) ass that they can see reason.

You were blessed by the RNG gods and still think its unfair and retarded - which it is.

- - - Updated - - -

You can leave the thread now. You add nothing to the discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

^This. /10char
    You guys are so cool can I be like you?

Deleted
    I got my BiS leges for my main as 3rd last and last, and I have only 1 BiS legendary across my 5 alts and their combined 18 or so legendaries. The system is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Apparently that is what the majority seems to believe we should do. The poster Felfaadaern Darkterror put up sums their mentality "Wish less, Work more" - perfect motto for a SLAVE, never striving to improve or even questioning status quo. There's a lot of unreasonable crying out there and all but the constructive criticism simply gets washed away by arrogant fanboys & wannabe elitists in their attempts to drown the "real" whiners.

As I and many others have mentioned over and over again, a lot of the frustration would at least have been addressed if the "legendary/welfare epics" system was in a framework in which we could measure our progress. The BLP is there but we need visible artifacts (*culture, not talking about the weapon).

At this point I hope they'll go all korean style on the next expansion, all in on micro-transaction and RNG - just burn it all to the ground... What are the chances they'll talk about the next expansion at Blizzcon? Or is it more likely that they are going to focus on everything else and 7.3.5?
    The difference between "Wish Less, Work More" and "questioning the status quo" is that one gets you a new legendary and the other wastes more time in the forums.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

One more painfully simple illustration that shows why the design of legendaries in Legion is complete and utter shit:

Say, you add a new legendary.

Prior to Legion, when legendaries were things like Tarecgosa, people would celebrate a new legendary. That's more content to do, that's some interesting quest lines, for some even a reason to roll an alt of the appropriate class. A new legendary is a great thing, it is a big plus!

In Legion, adding a new legendary dilutes drop chances at BiS legendaries. If you are adding a legendary that is not a BiS for some, these people actually DON'T WANT your addition. They DON'T WANT it in the game. They think it would be better if you did NOTHING instead of this legendary. And they are right, they are worse off with it. But wait, that's not the end of it. If you add a legendary that is a BiS for everyone, then yes, you solve the problem of making some or all people worse off, but you create another problem - people will rightfully object that you keep adding BiSes invalidating their previous pieces and they will very soon go very numb to all these legendaries and to the game in general, and they will also become very angry. When you add your BiS piece #5, why the hell should they bother getting it when you are going to add a better BiS piece #6 in a month or two? Especially when getting that piece #5 might easily take longer than that?

And that's just one example, with adding things. There are more.

The design of legendaries in Legion heavily distorts the incentives to the point where the very basics of design feedbacks (like, adding new things = good) are broken.

This design is complete and utter crap. It only exists because Blizzard are pulling all stops trying to create an impression of "a lot of things to do" while spending only a iota of development effort (legendaries are dirt cheap to do, a single developer can do tens in a week).

You're the same guy defending the Netherlight Crucible RNG on the official forums. Please go away.
    I know, I know. All the meaningful game discussions are happening on Discord now; MMO-C is supposed to be strictly for complaining. What can I say? It's easier to access MMO-C on my work computer so I hang out here when I have free time at work.

The status quo are people who hit the slot machine jackpot? WoW is supposed to be work? Grinding redundant 12 month old content makes you good?
    My luck has been statistically very average. As for the Crucible, I had 9 relics to check (3 equipped + 6 in bags); each had a 1/3 chance of having my desired trait; two of them ended up having it. If anything, my luck was a tad below average.

As for working toward a legendary, I decided at some point I really wanted the lego legs for my VDH. They make it much easier to tank KJ. I farmed old raids, opened every chest I could find on BS, even ran LFR. Took me a couple weeks, but I got them. The RNG gods eventually help those who help themselves, even if they do like to test us with frustrations.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I know, I know. All the meaningful game discussions are happening on Discord now; MMO-C is supposed to be strictly for complaining. What can I say? It's easier to access MMO-C on my work computer so I hang out here when I have free time at work.
    ROFL

You haven't seen what good discussions are like. The age of serious discussions regarding the game is over. You might remember a site called Elitist Jerks. We used to have things like *that*. The quality of discussions on discords isn't even close. And Elitist Jerks wasn't the only such site, there were lots of blogs with involved and insightful theorycrafting and discussions on all topics. Tons of topics every day, tons of numbers, tons of thoughts, tons of ideas.

All of that is gone now. Because the game is dying. It is. It reduced to something like 35% of the players from its peak, and it continues reducing. Third-party sites mostly disappeared. Those who stayed deteriorated / went full ads or stream or whatever other BS. Heck, this very site we are on now dropped in popularity like 2x, that's on the graphs.

The game is losing its breath. You are living on scraps.

With how crucial they are to group acceptance (via item level), DPS (providing tremendous boosts that you underperform without), and it being the final tier and the final 'rungs of this expansion? Yeah, something like that should definitely be happening. It's far too late in the game, people can say "no pain, no gain" all they want but to anyone getting to level cap now, from coming back, being new (right?), or alts of theirs. The unpredictable nature, combined with how vital they are for you, makes this more than reasonable.

Keep in mind, BLIZ has stated they can and have changed the odds of how long it takes you to earn one but since I've had an alt at 110 for a month or so, and haven't seen one yet, I can't say I'm happy.

It also seems the old world quests no longer drop them, or much of anything anymore, so there's no point in bothering with those anymore.

That's the underlying problem here.

If you put incentives like RNG Legendaries in the game. RNG Loot boxes. RNG mount drops from rep grinds etc.

All you are doing is creating the illusion of content. The illusion that there is heaps to do.

Grinding the Emerald Nightmare on 4 different difficulties. A raid released 12+ months ago.... That's just fucking sad.

It's Blizzards motto now. Create as little content as possible. Timegate it. Then fill it to the brim with RNG to create the illusion that there is heaps to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    With how crucial they are to group acceptance (via item level), DPS (providing tremendous boosts that you underperform without), and it being the final tier and the final 'rungs of this expansion? Yeah, something like that should definitely be happening. It's far too late in the game, people can say "no pain, no gain" all they want but to anyone getting to level cap now, from coming back, being new (right?), or alts of theirs. The unpredictable nature, combined with how vital they are for you, makes this more than reasonable.

Keep in mind, BLIZ has stated they can and have changed the odds of how long it takes you to earn one but since I've had an alt at 110 for a month or so, and haven't seen one yet, I can't say I'm happy.

It also seems the old world quests no longer drop them, or much of anything anymore, so there's no point in bothering with those anymore.
    Do you actually play the alt? Most WQ's never dropped lego's though, your're mostly after Emmisary boxes, dungeon / raid loot eligeble kills, chests, and rares, worldbosses on the broken shores and on Argus. And on top of those Argus Invasion bosses can also drop them (got one the other day).

I'm not much of a altoholic but all of my alts have gotten 1-2 in the first week of dinging 110 after that droprate change, all from just doing emmisaries, M0's, M+ and some raid content. Same seems to happen to my guildies, ppl that play there alts actively get atleast 2 fast, ppl that level them (for example for proffs) and then stop doing alot of content don't get them fast.

Nothing should be guaranteed, then you could just log in 1 tie on each char every week to collect you legendary

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    I love the "Got mine, fuck you" mindset from a lot of people in this thread.
    I love the "I deserve the best loot automatically" mindset from a lot of people in this thread. Especially if it comes from people who doesn't even need to min-max because the highest level of raiding they do is hc.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the underlying problem here.

If you put incentives like RNG Legendaries in the game. RNG Loot boxes. RNG mount drops from rep grinds etc.

All you are doing is creating the illusion of content. The illusion that there is heaps to do.

Grinding the Emerald Nightmare on 4 different difficulties. A raid released 12+ months ago.... That's just fucking sad.

It's Blizzards motto now. Create as little content as possible. Timegate it. Then fill it to the brim with RNG to create the illusion that there is heaps to do.
    Is it much worse than going afk for the week on wednesday reset though? I rather have the illusion than nothing to do at all.

Again. Don't reply if you haven't read the thread.

It's not about min-maxing. It's about Legendaries providing:

- Different playstyles
    - Allowing certain specs(talent choices) to compete
    - Fixing fundamental design flaws

They are literally Talents. That you have to grind for.

Imagine only being able to choose between 1 talent at 100. Then having to grind redundant old content to get the other 2.

Its fucking horrible design. Either provide an actual viewpoint other than: "HURRR DURRR U DUNT RAID MYTHIC IT DUSNTTT MATTARRR TO UUU"

Or - GTFO the thread.

I guess you enjoy farming raids on 4 different difficulties that we all finished with 12 months ago. Personally I think sticking my dick in an oven would be more enjoyable. But then again, my brain probably expects a little bit more for it to deem it "enjoyable".
    Have you even taken into account that they nerfed the best legendaries substantially? By talents I assume you mean class ring. For some classes it's great, but for many it's one of the worst legendaries... There are plenty of combination that almost yield the same results aswell. If you don't get ring+cloak you can use helm+leggings for example. Not having the best lengendaries is not a big deal, unless you run high m+ keys, then you need Prydaz Kappa.

And why would I have to grind redundant content? All you have to do is do your daily quests, current raids and some m+ keys. Droprate of legendaries is high enough for anyone who played a decent amount to get good legendaries. Unless you play fotm-style and reroll mains all the time then it might take two moths or so to get decent legendaries. if you are serious about reroll then it might take even less.

Not doing any mythics at all or raiding outside of LFR and it has felt like 1 per week to me. I don't do everything on every toon, but whichever toon I'm doing shit on that week... yeah, it gets a legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    And blizzard has very blatantly gone away from this model. Farming currency for loot is a system that is gone and is very unlikely to ever return. Badges are dead, get used to it.
    Yet it existed in 7.2 and 7.3 with Nethershards and Veiled Argunite.

They haven't nerfed them enough. Some of them provide 10%+ DPS boosts over the guy standing next to you without BiS.

They could nerf the Havoc DH ring even more than they have(and they fisted it hard) and it is still BiS. Wanna know why? Because it fixes a fundamental design flaw. They won't fix it at a base level when they can just get you to stay logged in grinding away for a fix.

They last nerfed them before this raid cycle and they've scaled with gear - again.

And no I don't mean talents literally. I mean they add talent like functionality. In that they open up new playstyles and fix gaping design holes in specs.

My main has 18 days played at 110 on my main and only have 6. I don't have the ring.

RNG is RNG is RNG.
    Go play a different game then you crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Senea View Post
    Yet it existed in 7.2 and 7.3 with Nethershards and Veiled Argunite.
    Outdated content, addressed as well.
    I can backquote myself.

910 gear is hardly an upgrade for anyone. It's catchup gear. I'm sorry if you thought that veiled argunite gear was progression gear.

They haven't nerfed them enough. Some of them provide 10%+ DPS boosts over the guy standing next to you without BiS.

They could nerf the Havoc DH ring even more than they have(and they fisted it hard) and it is still BiS. Wanna know why? Because it fixes a fundamental design flaw. They won't fix it at a base level when they can just get you to stay logged in grinding away for a fix.

They last nerfed them before this raid cycle and they've scaled with gear - again.

And no I don't mean talents literally. I mean they add talent like functionality. In that they open up new playstyles and fix gaping design holes in specs.

My main has 18 days played at 110 on my main and only have 6. I don't have the ring.

RNG is RNG is RNG.
    No offence, but 18 days played is very little this late in the expansion. That's what I have on my alts that in play like once or twice a week. It's most certainly part of the problem why you only have 6 legendaries.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2017-09-19 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not doing any mythics at all or raiding outside of LFR and it has felt like 1 per week to me. I don't do everything on every toon, but whichever toon I'm doing shit on that week... yeah, it gets a legendary.
    I do LFR, World Boss and Emissary's weekly and if i am lucky i get one every couple of weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Go play a different game then you crybaby.
    I get infracted for swearing a bit to a jerk but this guy gets off with no penalty? What the hell is that? Zero contribution to the thread other than coming off as a buffoon you should ignore.

At least for my infraction I proved a point in clarifying how RNG in anecdotal cases differs to an extreme degree and the 1 legendary a week assumption simply are useless unless you want to compile a decent sized sample of how many activities you perform prior to getting that 1 legendary and whether is it the 1st/2nd or 3rd legendary. We barely have consensus on all the activities that contributes to BLP and the constant "1 week legendaries" are just infuriating and as I mentioned earlier, it just shits on new players/characters.

5 years you've been here and thats how you want to act?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    I get infracted for swearing a bit to a jerk but this guy gets off with no penalty? What the hell is that? Zero contribution to the thread other than coming off as a buffoon you should ignore.

At least for my infraction I proved a point in clarifying how RNG in anecdotal cases differs to an extreme degree and the 1 legendary a week assumption simply are useless unless you want to compile a decent sized sample of how many activities you perform prior to getting that 1 legendary and whether is it the 1st/2nd or 3rd legendary. We barely have consensus on all the activities that contributes to BLP and the constant "1 week legendaries" are just infuriating and as I mentioned earlier, it just shits on new players/characters.

5 years you've been here and thats how you want to act?
    To be fair if you look at my original posting on the thread it was TheFuse who randomly called me and my guild out for no reason. Then another random attacked me for no reason either. So I'm just returning the favor by being as immature as they are.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2017-09-19 at 07:46 PM.