Thread: Trump at the UN

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Put your country first, but also work together. Uhm, how?
    I mean, every country should always put the welfare of their constitutes before other countries, that doesn't mean you cant work with other countries, you just don't purposely fuck your own country to make another country happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I mean, every country should always put the welfare of their constitutes before other countries, that doesn't mean you cant work with other countries, you just don't purposely fuck your own country to make another country happy.
    Yeah, it's not like he said that, he said he will always put america first, not the welfare of its people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Translation: "I'm going to sabre rattle using South Korea as collateral to make myself feel like a big man."
    You know that South Korea wants the US to deploy tactical nukes on it's territory right?
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    You know that South Korea wants the US to deploy tactical nukes on it's territory right?
    Which, quite frankly, might be the best option. South Korea has too much in the way of vested interest to initiate a first strike, giving them second strike capability independent of the US reduces the contest from between a world power and a belligerent despotate to a proxy conflict between two satellites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The popular conservative myth of feckless, spinless, everythingless Obama on foreign policy is increasingly strange when we consider that most countries viewed the US with extreme respect, almost fear, while he was president. Especially compared to now, when world leaders openly voice their disrespect not just for our leader but for our country as a whole.

Or to cite specific examples in the form of most Trump supporters - North Korea only had the balls for a yearly, sometimes bi-yearly saber-rattling in the times of Obama. While even the likes of Skroe criticize Obama for his "strategic patience," it's interesting to note that his limited, but firm, response always ended in Korea quietly pouting in a corner, but Trump's response has only been resulting in increasing barrages of missiles over Japan. I wonder who Rocket Man thinks is more spineless?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not a big fan of war drum beating, even if it is NK its being beaten against.

Liked the National Sovereignty and Global diversity bits.

Liked the hypocrisy of appointing abusers of the human rights charter to the commission to oversee it.

Then again the UN is worthless so I am unsure why they deserve a speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he failed.

U.N. chief says statesmanship needed on North Korea, takes digs at Trump

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appealed on Tuesday for statesmanship to avoid war with North Korea and criticized world leaders who stoke resentment over refugees for political gain, two digs at U.S. President Donald Trump.

In his first address to the annual 193-member U.N. General Assembly since taking office in January, Guterres said the crisis over North Korea’s nuclear and ballistic missile program must be solved through a political process.

“This is the time for statesmanship,” said the former prime minister of Portugal. “We must not sleepwalk our way into war.”
    Once again, Trump -- personally this time -- threatens NK with fire and fury, but this time, in front of two countries with veto power to stop exactly that. He also resorts to the childish nickname "Rocket Man", because he thinks what works for his rabid fanbase will work with the people chosen to be heads of diplomacy of the countries of the world.

P.S.

Guterres, a former head of the U.N. refugee agency, also spoke of being “pained to see the way refugees and migrants have been stereotyped and scapegoated - and to see political figures stoke resentment in search of electoral gain.”
    Also!

Guterres also warned of the dangers of climate change and urged world leaders to implement the 2015 Paris climate agreement to reduce emissions “with ever greater ambition.”
    That's right: the head of the UN took Trump's first appearance as the opportunity to point out the rest of the world is pretty much united against him and his ideas. Watch the full speech here. He does everything but call Trump out by name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Blah blah blah

Hilarious as usual. Thanks for the laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    The popular conservative myth of feckless, spinless, everythingless Obama on foreign policy is increasingly strange when we consider that most countries viewed the US with extreme respect, almost fear, while he was president.
    Obama was a total fucking pussy. The only reason other countries "respected" him was because they knew he was a pussy. Feared? LOL. No one feared Obama AT ALL.

Hope the EU don't get dragged into another war by this cretin.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Obama was a total fucking pussy. The only reason other countries "respected" him was because they knew he was a pussy. Feared? LOL. No one feared Obama AT ALL.
    I thought you didn't care what others thought of you or Trump? Interesting how you're showing plenty of caring.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Hope the EU don't get dragged into another war by this cretin.
    They won't.

If you're talking about North Korea, the EU is far enough away, and the USA is strong enough, that they can sit this out without any loss of face. This is especially true if Trump launches first. The EU has no need to get into a trade war with either Russia or China, which a unilateral strike from the US would almost certainly cause, nor an actual military war, which could also happen.

If you're talking about the Ukraine, again, don't worry. Despite what Trump has said in the past, there has been 0% movement in that regard. Trump mentioned it in his UN speech, but that just means he gave it s much thought as hitting Clinton with a golf ball -- if you believe that retweet does not indicate an actual will to do violence, then his mentioning of the Ukraine also indicates no will to do action. Trump is a bully, and while some people say that Russia is smaller than the US and can be pushed around, Trump clearly doesn't think so. He signed the sanctions crying like a bitch, and again, despite claiming first that Russia did not go into Ukriane, then "what I meant was" saying they would not if he had been in charge, has done nothing about it ever since. He even fled Syria tail between his legs after Russia smacked him in the face with a rolled-up newspaper for peeing on the carpet.

The EU can rest easy until Iran does something horrifyingy out of character of recent history, like invade Israel out of the blue. Even if NK strikes first, the EU can offer purely cosmetic support, as the USA could reduce NK to pieces smaller than my dick long before any EU forces arrive to be useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I thought you didn't care what others thought of you or Trump? Interesting how you're showing plenty of caring.
    Without naming names, you should probably stop responding to people who have no self-awareness, no honesty, and no ability to back up their rhetoric. A two-year-old child can "debate" by just yelling "MAGA!" over and over with his hands over his ears. Save your effort for when the adults are talking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    The UN is such a joke, they are powerless because they have caved to political correctness. Nobody in the world gives a shit what they say anymore because it's all talk.
    Political correctness in 1945, what?

That sounds eerily like Trump. He's all talk (in a childish manner).

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Political correctness in 1945, what?
    Time traveling wizard Hillary Clinton, who is not very good at time travel, has been putting in a lot of work lately.

pfff someone should teach to trump how to be a politician, or the UN will become worse than the league of nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Time traveling wizard Hillary Clinton, who is not very good at time travel, has been putting in a lot of work lately.
    But Alex Jones said she's a demon. So which one is it? I'm confused.
    pfff someone should teach to trump how to be a politician, or the UN will become worse than the league of nations.
    I'm sure his inner circle has tried. He doesn't understand.

Hilarious as usual. Thanks for the laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

An opinion that only exists in conservative media re-interpretations of events, and not at all based on actual events that transpired. Usually along the lines of mental gymnastics-meets-limbo-championship of the year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    pfff someone should teach to trump how to be a politician

That is why we voted for him - he is not, and will never be, a politician. FUCK politicians, they are some of the most reprehensible people on the face of this Earth.

That is why we voted for him - he is not, and will never be, a politician. FUCK politicians, they are some of the most reprehensible people on the face of this Earth.
    He is one now. Unless you dispute the fact that he is the president.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He is one now. Unless you dispute the fact that he is the president.
    No, he isn't. He is not NOW - and never has been - a politician. He IS the President of the United States. If he was a politician every single thing on his agenda would have already been implemented. Also, a "politician" doesn't expose his "party's" leaders for being a bunch of douchebags (Ryan and McConnell),
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-09-19 at 06:41 PM.