Thread: Trump at the UN

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    One that, it must be said to the Americans ''tuff boyz'' who tie their masculinity to the F-22, is paying gigantic sums for minuscule results. Spending so many trillions of dollars for the sole result of making the life of Afghans and Iraqis even more miserable is quite a feat,
    Those trillions of dollars allows millions of job to be created, i always thought it was funny for small gov. conservative to defend what is probably the biggest welfare program.

Spend trillions on defense budget, big money for private sector who then lobby for a bigger defense budget, war and more training with real bullet/weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Those trillions of dollars allows millions of job to be created, i always thought it was funny for small gov. conservative to defend what is probably the biggest welfare program.

Spend trillions on defense budget, big money for private sector who then lobby for a bigger defense budget, war and more training with real bullet/weapon...
    Nothing like making overpriced and lousy stealth jets and forcing your allies to buy them at gunpoint, when everyone knows that Trump is only ever going to attack countries who don't even have working radars.

And FTR, no, no one says the US army would lose against North Korea. Rest assured of your virility, tough guys : an impoverished third world country with a military budget around 100 to 120 times less than yours would likely lose against the United States.

But it's not because you could attack North Korea that you should-Vietnam was a proof of this.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Nothing like making overpriced and lousy stealth jets and forcing your allies to buy them at gunpoint, when everyone knows that Trump is only ever going to attack countries who don't even have working radars.

And FTR, no, no one says the US army would lose against North Korea. Rest assured of your virility, tough guys : an impoverished third world country with a military budget around 100 to 120 times less than yours would likely lose against the United States.

But it's not because you could attack North Korea that you should-Vietnam was a proof of this.
    that doesn't sound like free market to me. US is not the only country manufacturing fighter jet. Allies should have the choice to purchase the best fighter for their wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    If you can show me evidence(not claims from people like the poster) that Trump is the laughing stock of the world then I'll answer your question.
    http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/lis...-trump-2017-6/

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly what a Pew research is.
    I don't think you do, because you responded to a Pew Research result with "Anyone can make polls on confidence/no confidence based off the message they receive" which sounds like attacking the source on a pretty well-known, well-respected group. And I know you weren't talking about being unable to see the question that was asked, because that was quoted too. Oh wait...yeah, you did say that. You suggested there was no way of knowing who asked what and to whom, then immediately hide behind "I know exactly what a Pew research is". Sorry, but the fact that you suggested the information was effectively random and useless means no, you don't know who they are.

Attacking the source and handwaving the results are not endearing actions. You should probably stop doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't think you do, because you responded to a Pew Research result with "Anyone can make polls on confidence/no confidence based off the message they receive" which sounds like attacking the source on a pretty well-known, well-respected group. And I know you weren't talking about being unable to see the question that was asked, because that was quoted too. Oh wait...yeah, you did say that. You suggested there was no way of knowing who asked what and to whom, then immediately hide behind "I know exactly what a Pew research is". Sorry, but the fact that you suggested the information was effectively random and useless means no, you don't know who they are.

Attacking the source and handwaving the results are not endearing actions. You should probably stop doing them.

Guess you don't understand something as simple to what was being said. With that said, you apparently are having a difficult time discerning between separating the reason why I was questioning the source that was used to what was presented with the evidence I was asking for. Also, I barley understood must of the gibberish you made in your statement. It made no sense to what I presented.

Edit: I'm also done trying to explain something to you that is clearly going over your head. This conversation is over.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-09-20 at 09:47 PM.

Edit: I'm also done trying to explain something to you that is clearly going over your head. This conversation is over.
    Code for: I'm wrong as fuck but I lack the self awareness necessary to realize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Code for: I'm wrong as fuck but I lack the self awareness necessary to realize it.
    His point was fairly simple to understand. He is critical of polling processes, even with Pew.

The other side of the coin treats polls as the bible, even after the election.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if leftwing UE governments like us or not, or our allies in general. They will always like some overly pompous pussy like Obama over somebody like Bush or Trump or any conservative.

They -need- us. So ultimately they will always come around.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    His point was fairly simple to understand. He is critical of polling processes, even with Pew.

Ultimately it doesn't matter if leftwing UE governments like us or not, or our allies in general. They will always like some overly pompous pussy like Obama over somebody like Bush or Trump or any conservative.

Oh look, Bucko spewing garbage.

I'm fucking surprised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, Bucko spewing garbage.

I'm fucking surprised.
    Oh look, somebody I don't recognize not adding anything worthwhile to the point.

He can be critical of the methods of polling. Just sticking your nose up and going "Well it's Pew so...!" Isn't an argument.

Code for: I have nothing to add to this subject expect for an uninspiring post. However, I did enjoy you comment as it did make me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Yes, it's simple to understand, which is why no one is having troubles disagreeing. No one is asking to treat polls like the Bible, just treat them as polls. That way, you would understand why saying 'even after the election' doesn't help your point at all.

Makes no sense what so ever. Pumpous and 'pussy' are antonyms. While Trump is the embodiment of pompous. That's is what his brand is...

Actually, it's mutually beneficial. We get cheap prices, they get the cheap labor. We are on the winning end of that deal... until Kekistan gets its way...

- - - Updated - - -

Code for: I have nothing to add to this subject expect for an uninspiring post. However, I did enjoy you comment as it did make me laugh.
    This reply, while he was responding to this:

Kind of proves his point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, it's simple to understand, which is why no one is having troubles disagreeing. No one is asking to treat polls like the Bible, just treat them as polls. That way, you would understand why saying 'even after the election' doesn't help your point at all.

Makes no sense what so ever. Pumpous and 'pussy' are antonyms. While Trump is the embodiment of pompous. That's is what his brand is...

Actually, it's mutually beneficial. We get cheap prices, they get the cheap labor. We are on the winning end of that deal... until Kekistan gets its way...

- - - Updated - - -

This reply, while he was responding to this:

Kind of proves his point.

The information that was posted from Prince Oberyn Martell doesn't show any clear evidence that the polling was done for the purpose of showing that Trump "Is the laughing stock of the world." The purpose of the poll was to show confidence, and low confidence which doesn't clearly define something that would backup the claim that Trump '"Is the laughing stock of the world."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    American loves wars, it's deeply seeded in their culture and in their economy.

I wouldn't be to surprise if they actually do something. Such a big part of the U.S economy revolves around war, they need to find excuses to keep pushing all that government money into the economy. The american military budget is basically a giant welfare check that is almost impossible to criticize.
    If Canada was invaded or nuked by an errant NK missile you would be singing a different tune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    If Canada was invaded or nuked by an errant NK missile you would be singing a different tune.
    But they have not.

That's the problem with you guys. You build threats on pure what if's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why we should be concerned with other countries confidence in PotUS. Germany is flooded with immigrants tearing the place up. Greece almost completely bankrupt itself. UK and Italy suffer far more terrorism than we do. And as for the rest of the list, we probably spend on defense what all of them spend on food combined. I think having another Teddy Roosevelt in office is probably long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's the problem with you guys. You build threats on pure what if's.
    Literally the entire ideology of the liberal left is a big "What if" scenario

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Literally the entire ideology of the liberal left is a big "What if" scenario
    I hope this doesn't follow with some lunatic rant about global warming. It will, won't it?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I hope this doesn't follow with some lunatic rant about global warming. It will, won't it?
    I won't because like I said in the quote, the whole liberal ideology is a big what if scenario.

No one denies global warming. They disagree with the fix. Liberal media tells you otherwise, and you believe it without getting to know the base you slander <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh I'm not to stressed about it... Canada is prty far down the list of potential prio target of NK.

If I lived in Seoul I might be more stressed but it would mostly be because the guy at the head of your country clearly has zero fucking clue what he is doing and is UN speach showed just that...

how the fuck throwing threat after threat on the table suppose to help deescalate the situation. North Korea has nuclear weapons... And it has the capacity to put it on an icbm. Your country is acting like it can actually prevent them from getting them via stupide insult and threat. Not happening. Time travel ain't a thing. So you either accept the fact that North Korea has nuke and try to make sure they don't feel like their back is so much against the wall they blow up seoul or L.A. Or you keep pushing the shitty man child crap your unsecured president is pushing till something bad actually happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Not sure why we should be concerned with other countries confidence in PotUS.
    Maybe because your country build it's power on strong alliance and being respected buy most other " Western" country... I mean not that I care but your country is losing it's influence fucking fast...