Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionjah View Post
    If you say the N word it doesn't mean that it's a black person. N word could also be a white person.
    I think we can just say nigger can't we? Its not some magic word...hell most people don't even have a firm grasp on its meaning anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

If you say the N word it doesn't mean that it's a black person. N word could also be a white person.
    I think we can just say nigger can't we? Its not some magic word...hell most people don't even have a firm grasp on its meaning anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    People who aren't racist don't use the word in private or "let it slip". It's not part of their vocabulary whether they are drunk, upset or anything else.
    Disagree 100% with this. I've said nigga/nigger more times than I can count. I'm in no way a racist person by any definition of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    No, except if you're white, right?
    Saying white people shouldn't use the word, is not the same as saying they can't. I guess I should be saying non-black people, instead of just white people. Now if we are talking about the word nigger, nobody should be using it. A black person saying nigger, wont receive nearly as much backlash as a white person doing it. You shouldn't need an explanation why.

As dumb as it sounds if pewdiepie said nigga, it would have caused much less controversy. If it upsets you that black people can use both forms of this word, with less issues, tough shit, that's how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Saying white people shouldn't use the word, is not the same as saying they can't.
    You don't say? Should implies a suggestion, advice, we all know that. That does not change the fact that it's a double standard based on skin colour and guess what, that's called racism.

It's funny that people like you, people who go out of their way to seem politically correct, have the tendency to advocate the very thing you pretend to be agains the moment it suits you.

If a black man can say nigger, a white man can say nigger. Period. If you base a suggestion (should, shouldn't, advise against, etc) on ethnicity or racial provenance, you're being racist. Period.

Stop beating around the bush and call it for what it is.

You don't say? Should implies a suggestion, advice, we all know that. That does not change the fact that it's a double standard based on skin colour and guess what, that's called racism.

It's funny that people like you, people who go out of their way to seem politically correct, have the tendency to advocate the very thing you pretend to be agains the moment it suits you.

If a black man can say nigger, a white man can say nigger. Period. If you base a suggestion (should, shouldn't, advise against, etc) on ethnicity or racial provenance, you're being racist. Period.

Yeah, it is stupid to limit the usage in general that way. It should be limited as to how it is used, namely that it should not be used as an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you understand the difference between "nigga" and "nigger" and respect the opinions of black people who aren't comfortable with you saying "nigga" then saying either will probably with result in adverse consequences for you.

I know white people who were "given a pass" and black people who looked at sideways for saying "nigga".Saying "nigger" is always looked at sideways, period. Better have context to back it up.

Still funny how the people who want to say (either word) so bad are ones who only want to use the words as insults or in some unnatural fashion. The English language has thousands of words and you're mad because "nigger" is off limits? Get the fuck out of here.

edit: to add. I dont get why suburban why youths want to use the slur of word the urban youths thats urban youths to use lessen the effects of the slur...The urban kids wish they were born in your shoes and yet you're mad you can't use a slur designed against them...please tell me why?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-09-19 at 08:41 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Related but unrelated: I interviewed a candidate for an entry level job at a retail store, and she used the word "nigga" in one of her responses. Being a black woman from the 'ghetto', I paid no mind to its use; it's part of the lexicon of urban black culture. Didn't hire her though, for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Yeah, it is stupid to limit the usage in general that way. It should be limited as to how it is used, namely that it should not be used as an insult.
    What? What are you suggesting here? What does "limit the usage" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Until you understand the difference between "nigga" and "nigger" and respect the opinions of black people who aren't comfortable with you saying "nigga" then saying either will probably with result in adverse consequences for you.

I know white people who were "given a pass" and black people who looked at sideways for saying "nigga".Saying "nigger" is always looked at sideways, period. Better have context to back it up.

Still funny how the people who want to say (either word) so bad are ones who only want to use the words as insults or in some unnatural fashion. The English language has thousands of words and you're mad because "nigger" is off limits? Get the fuck out of here.

edit: to add. I dont get why suburban why youths want to use the slur of word the urban youths thats urban youths to use lessen the effects of the slur...The urban kids wish they were born in your shoes and yet you're mad you can't use a slur designed against them...please tell me why?
    Who is "you"?

Who was given a pass and for what?

Who decides a word is off limits and what makes you think that's even possible?

Who says you "can't use" a word?

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    Related but unrelated: I interviewed a candidate for an entry level job at a retail store, and she used the word "nigga" in one of her responses. Being a black woman from the 'ghetto', I paid no mind to its use; it's part of the lexicon of urban black culture. Didn't hire her though, for other reasons.
    Hahaha, this is incredible, almost implausible. If someone says "nigga" during a job interview I would cringe and throw her curritulum vitae away the moment she walked out of my office. That said, it's probable she didn't even have one to begin with. What kind of job was she applying for?

For your information, "nigga" is not a part of the urban black culture. It might be part of a ghetto bullshit culture.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-19 at 10:05 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Hahaha, this is incredible, almost implausible. If someone says "nigga" during a job interview I would cringe and throw her curritulum vitae away the moment she walked out of my office. That said, it's probable she didn't even have one to begin with. What kind of job was she applying for?

For your information, "nigga" is not a part of the urban black culture. It might be part of a ghetto bullshit culture.
    It was for an overnight stocking position. Basically all it takes is someone who can work fast and efficiently. We hire many black individuals from poorer neighborhoods. Being out of the customer eye, regular non-pc talk is common and the word is used sometimes by black employees. I guess I can't say for sure being a white individual living in a better part of town, but the way it's nonchalantly used makes me think its commonly used in the communities these individuals live in.
    Last edited by Helgrimm; 2017-09-19 at 10:31 AM.

All you are trying to do is spin this to say I'm the racist. I just said nobody, including black people should use nigger, so tell me how is that racist? Yes a black man and a white man can both say nigger, but the white man will receive more backlash. That is why I also said non-black people shouldn't use the word. There is nothing racist about that.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    A racists is someone who thinks some races are better than others. Someone who uses the word nigger is someone who uses the word nigger. Words can be used for anything and mean something else to everyone. Can using the word nigger in any context invoke negative responses from people? Yes, of course. Does it automatically make the person who used the word a racist? Of course not. It depends on what the person meant by it.

When I say I think something is "nice shit" it doesn't mean I'm into poop, hate turds or otherwise dabble in feces. And yet I used the word "shit". Go figure.

All you are trying to do is spin this to say I'm the racist?

I also said non-black people shouldn't use the word. There is nothing racist about that.
    I'm not spinning anything, you're doing a perfectly good job at advocating double standards yourself; if you grant/deny privileges based on skin colour (may it be a seat in the bus or the use of a mere word) you're being racist. A last minute addition of "should", will not make it any better.

No one should want to use the word, regardless of race and ethnicity. There's a difference.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-20 at 06:42 AM.

I'm not spinning anything, you're doing a perfectly good job at advocating double standards yourself; if you grant/deny privileges based on skin colour (may it be a seat in the bus or the use of a mere word) you're being racist. A last minute addition of "should", will not make it any better.

No one should want to use the word, regardless of race and ethnicity. There's a difference.
    I'm not. Just because I say someone should or shouldn't do something, doesn't mean I'm granting/denying privileges.

I'm not. Just because I say someone should or shouldn't do something, doesn't mean I'm granting/denying privileges.
    Tell yourself whatever you want to buddy, as long as it makes you happy.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    I consider this affair a victory for Pewdiepie.

The Firewatch dev tried to incite other game companies to DMCA takedown Pewdiepie.

Yet what happened was that other studios closed ranks around Pewdiepie and took no action.

Meanwhile the Firewatch studio has taken a huge hit in Steam reviews and consumer blacklisting.
    Indeed.

Not a fan of Pewdiepie but Campo Santo deserve everything coming at them. Using false copyright strikes as weapons against Youtubers is a massive no no. If they wanted to break ties they should have contacted him to request removal of the videos and to let him know they were revoking his permission to make videos of their game and monetize them. Instead they just hit him with the fake strike to try and cause damage to him and the removal of videos associated with themselves.

This is pretty much what happened a couple of months ago when Wargaming merely threatened Sir_Foch with a fake copyright strike for videos he made with their permission because they didn't like one video, it unleashed a colossal ****storm upon them that Campo Santo should really have learnt from.

The guys a moron, but Campo Santo just made the list of scumbag developers.

Tell yourself whatever you want to buddy, as long as it makes you happy.
    And just as I thought, unless you use strawmans or senseless statements, you have no argument.

And just as I thought, unless you use strawmans or senseless statements, you have no argument.
    I just call things by their name, I don't beat around the bush like you do. If you advocate for something provided that you have the right skin colour, you're being racist. There is no room for opinion here; this is a fact and it's prety much the definition of racism.

You're of the opinion that white people shouldn't say "nigger" because they're white. Sounds like a racial based double standard to me, one that you confirmed yourself.

But by all means, do like most proud, butthurt forum-participants do and invoke the "right of strawman" without actually knowingnwhat it means. Your quotes are undeniable.

I just call things by their name, I don't beat around the bush like you do. If you advocate for something provided that you have the right skin colour, you're being racist. There is no room for opinion here; this is a fact and it's prety much the definition of racism.

You're of the opinion that white people shouldn't say "nigger" because they're white. Sounds like a racial based double standard to me, one that you confirmed yourself.

But by all means, do like most proud, butthurt forum-participants do and invoke the "right of strawman" without actually knowingnwhat it means. Your quotes are undeniable.
    But that's not what I actually said lol. So there is no point in arguing, if you just want to make up shit.

But that's not what I actually said lol. So there is no point in arguing, if you just want to make up shit.
    non-black people shouldn't use the word.
    Having the opinion, that white people shouldn't use the word is not racist.
    A double standard I guess, but not racist.
    Yeah, look at how much "shit I made up".

You advocate for double standards based on skin colour (which normal people call racism), yet you keep saying you're not racist. Quite the predicament you're in.

Anyway, believe whatever you want to believe, no one will mind.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-23 at 03:58 PM.

Yeah, look at how much "shit I made up".

You advocate for double standards based on skin colour (which normal people call racism), yet you keep saying you're not racist. Quite the predicament you're in.

Anyway, believe whatever you want to believe, no one will mind.
    Saying someone should or shouldn't do something, is not advocating or denying their right to. The reason why non-black people shouldn't use the word, is because they will receive more backlash.