Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Last time i checked illidan doesn't want to fuck velen.
    You don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    What's wrong with the responses? It would be stupid if they just cry and forgive everything Illidan did. This is the most realistic way to portray this kind of things. In case of Malfurion, you can hear the regret in his voice but he quickly brushes it away and focus on the real important thing which is not his personal feeling but healing the world.
    Oh no, that's far from what I would wanted, this is the perfect ending for a tragic hero that, even after what he did, he is still being doubted by those he cared most. If anything, this is how you whitewash a villain, not "DRAENOR IS FREE!!!"

I just want a bit more emotion/strength in Tyrande/Malfurion's response.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Oh no, that's far from what I would wanted, this is the perfect ending for a tragic hero that, even after what he did, he is still being doubted by those he cared most. If anything, this is how you whitewash a villain, not "DRAENOR IS FREE!!!"

I just want a bit more emotion/strength in Tyrande/Malfurion's response.
    The context is they are in hurry. and we are not someone that they will vent on about their personal feelings to in the first place... We have nothing to do with the relationship of the three.

Off topic, I think the voice actor of Malfurion is really getting too old for the job. In WC3, his voice was fine.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-09-21 at 03:50 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from the leaked audio files from Illidan/Malfurion it seems like they won't be meeting up at all this expansion and we'll be the means for Illidan to give his brother some parting words.
    Last edited by Siraeyou; 2017-09-21 at 04:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Is there any real need for forced interactions? Personally, if I'm in their places, I'd do my best to avoid any interaction with the other. It'd be - at best - awkward as hell. Do they need more drama in their broken relationship that much?
    Forced? I'd argue that interaction here would be natural. Your brother is back from the dead and you just... ignore it?

Blizzard does a TERRIBLE job of showing the main, high powered NPCs doing anything. None of the surviving racial leaders are involved in Argus at all. Malfurion, Tyrande, etc are all MIA. I don't expect high interaction but some visibility? yeah, I do expect that. This is supposedly a battle for the fate of Azeroth... and they have something better to do? No, I don't think so.

Mind you I don't need them all to appear and interact with me or even with each other. But conversations between, say, Velen and Khadgar saying "Genn's forces are leading an assault on... " or "Sylvanas has attacked..." could have been done without a lot of effort it seems to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I love how he describes loving in Tyrande everything that he makes fun of Velen for.
    I mean, at least she stands her ground and fights.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    It looks increasingly clear, to me, that this brotherly reunion will never happen, and it bugs me. There's no way Malfurion and Tyrande don't know that Illidan is currently at the helm against Sargeras and the Legion.

Yes, I get that they "settled their differences" in WC3, but that doesn't really excuse the story to ignore them when they are so close to each other. Malfurion has been all but forgotten since the end of Xavius. Worse than that, Tyrande has been a no-show since the fall of Ysera. The love triangle is in the same place, during Azeroth's most daunting trial since the War of the Ancients...and they simply don't meet up.

I can't be the only one annoyed by this, am I? Do you guys think they will meet before the end of the expansion? Or will they simply ignore each other.
    I agree, I mean, Tyrande was there in Nighthold after Beating Gul'dan, standing not that far from Illidan. Yet not a single word was uttered.

Deleted
    isnt it obvious they arent meeting because after all this, illidan could just give the blade to both of them, rightfully so

If anything, I am more disappointed that there's no interaction between Maiev and Illidan. As his jailer for 10000 years, Maiev of all people should understand what Illidan is sentencing himself to.

Illidan: It is done, go home heroes. I alone shall be the Dark Titan's eternal jailer.
    Maiev: Do you really think you could elude me?! You are still my charge!

Then Maiev joins Illidan in guarding Sargeras

If only...

No, because it's bullshit right now.

Illidan just came back to live, Tyrande was with him in NightHold and we still didn't see their reunion, even a simple reaction. What the hell is wrong with you Blizz?

more importantly

is that it for sylvanas this xpack?
    She got her chance of saving the decaying forsaken and its over ?

I couldn't bring myself to speak with him

wtf you were right next to him in Nighthold!!!

Malfurion and Illidan already made peace in WC3. Malfurion just drew the line at Illidan not threatening his people again. They said everything that had to be said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Malf slept for most of those 10k years.

Also i told that both will grown. What you wrote is just a bad character who is stale and dont change no matter what.

Tyrande good, Illidan bad.

And hell, they can explore that and give Malfurion growth even in hating Illidan to the point that he can actually try to kill him just for the sake of sparing world another demonic entity.

But instead we have Malfurion whos whole character arc with Illidan is - i dont like you, go away or somebody lock him up.
    Malfurion never really hates Illidan. He just can not forgive Illidan for the sufferings he brought to people. He wouldn't stop the mob from killing Illidan and would not have went to Illidan's prison to convince him if he hates him.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Forced? I'd argue that interaction here would be natural. Your brother is back from the dead and you just... ignore it?
    I mean, its realistic.

if you make peace with your family then its over.

when you learn they are dead, you mourn them for a minute.

when it turns out they are alive, you just ignore it.

RIGHT, RIGHT!?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I mean, its realistic.

if you make peace with your family then its over.

when you learn they are dead, you mourn them for a minute.

when it turns out they are alive, you just ignore it.

RIGHT, RIGHT!?
    They did not make peace in the sense that they are now happy family again. They made peace in the sense that they will stop bothering each other if no one crosses the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Illidan's speech is touching, but the response from Malfurion and Tyrande are just...cold.

Dude, it's your twin brother, and a man who loved you unconditionally for 10 thousand years. Sure he has committed atrocities before, but in the end he sacrificed himself to be the eternal jailer of Sargeras and saved your world. Can't you at least show some more emotion??!!
    I'm sure Illidan didn't love Malfurion unconditionally ever.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I love how he describes loving in Tyrande everything that he makes fun of Velen for.
    I don't think Illidan has a problem with faith in general. I just think he distrusts the Light and doesn't see it as some ultimate good that can do no wrong

Wow, Tyrande is still unlikable as fuck. Like really, it takes effort to make a character this obnoxious (see Jaina)

I suspect if it was going to happen, it would have by now. Maybe they're giving each other space.
    I also suspect Malfurion has moved on t 8.0, and is focused on what he considers "the true threat".

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Aha...HAHAHA...HAHAHAHAHA!

Oh boy, are Malfurion and Tyrande hypocritical bitches. Fuck me. Jesus, Illidan saved you from certain death of the Dark Titan. A thank you should at least be nice. Hell, say "thank you" to the player. He/She's done more shit in a week than you 2 have in your ENTIRE LIVES! And that says something.

I hate Night Elves sometimes, I swear.