Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great game. We just finished ACT 1 in a group of 3. The combat and game play is a lot better (and the first one was good too). I think there are a few balance issues (reflect is really strong, and necromancer spells are incredibly strong), but that's just a small gripe. It doesn't really effect anybody else, so who cares. At least it isn't worthless like the first game.

I think I liked Cyseal better than Fort Joy though, felt like there was far more to do in Fort Joy, but I might have missed a few things. The rest of ACT 1 is better than the first ACT in the original game though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Sorry for this question that is always asked for every sequel:

Do I have to had played the first game to enjoy this game?
    I'd say playing the first game is worse then not having any info as I have so many questions about things that happen in the first game with no awnsers in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It’s hilarious how people call a “diablo clone” to any game with a top view nowadays.
    It's because they're young and don't actually know a third of the gaming history that the rest of us has lived through. The older you get, the more this will happen. When you go "remember that isometric rpg called baldur's gate" and they go "iso-what? hang on, turn based? who'd play that!? Wait, I have to read shit?" and so on :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn some of these boss fights are hard, even on normal difficulty.

(Act IV) Found Doctor in Arx, refused his deal and started the fight. Boss has whopping 20k physical and magical armor, so any sort of CC is out of question. Meanwhile his adds arrive and start the chain of mass terrifying my party. My summoner, who usually deals most of the damage by usage of Spider Skeleton is "completely" locked out as it's running around house in fear most of the time.

I killed everyone in fort joy before leaving. Well I stole some of their books/gear first and then slaughtered them AFTER I killed all the magisters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I killed everyone in fort joy before leaving. Well I stole some of their books/gear first and then slaughtered them AFTER I killed all the magisters.
    I'd like to know who didn't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I just killed the Magisters. But in my defense they attacked first. Something about not being cool with me wandering around without a collar. =)

I'm about to leave Fort Joy. Is there a checklist of things I should make sure I've done before leaving? There are a few outstanding quests, but I'm not sure if they continue in the next zone or not. I think I've hit all the major notes though.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I haven't killed the citizens in Fort Joy or the brainless monks in the castle. Kind of felt like they didn't deserve death. Maybe the brainless monks want it though.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Height View Post
    I haven't killed the citizens in Fort Joy or the brainless monks in the castle. Kind of felt like they didn't deserve death. Maybe the brainless monks want it though.
    Yeah that's one of those gray moral decisions that is neither condemned nor condoned. I left them alone unless they turned violent. The sad thing is the dogs in there have more thought going on in their heads than those Monks. =(

Have to say that I wish abilities would work through the shields somehow.

Like if there's 100% of melee shield left, no CC/other things work, if there's 50% shields left, then there's 50% things work or not.

The binary on/off thing is a bit annoying and makes many of the abilities outright useless for a long while.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are abilities that ignore shields.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I know that, but those are very specific ones with typically the sole purpose of ignoring shield to do plain damage, no other effect. Like Chloroform, does x amount of damage to magic shield but no other effect unless there's no magic shield. Or the other Scoundrel ability that ignores shield and does damage, but no other effect unless there's no shield left then it applies bleed.

It's fairly bland as it is. I'd vastly prefer if there was a scaling change for various effects to affect someone, even if it was for lesser results. Right now it's just chip on the shield until it's down and once it is might as well focus fire the one down with biggest damage abilities at that point.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I know that, but those are very specific ones with typically the sole purpose of ignoring shield to do plain damage, no other effect. Like Chloroform, does x amount of damage to magic shield but no other effect unless there's no magic shield. Or the other Scoundrel ability that ignores shield and does damage, but no other effect unless there's no shield left then it applies bleed.

It's fairly bland as it is. I'd vastly prefer if there was a scaling change for various effects to affect someone, even if it was for lesser results. Right now it's just chip on the shield until it's down and once it is might as well focus fire the one down with biggest damage abilities at that point.
    I know what you're saying, but at the same time I really like that my own party can ignore enemies that try to CC them in the first round thanks to the Shields. It was incredibly frustrating in DOS1 to get CC'd right at the front and not be able to act until the 2nd or 3rd round.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I don't have an issue with it. I see it as a challenge to overcome in a fight, like "oh shit this one has a shit ton of armor gotta burn it down fast", CC is out of the question and that makes you think.
    And remember it works BOTH ways. I try to keep my magic armor up at all times because CHARM. If it were like you propose - fuck that - I once fought an enemy who had charm arrows, never again will I let my magic armor fall.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I know what you're saying, but at the same time I really like that my own party can ignore enemies that try to CC them in the first round thanks to the Shields. It was incredibly frustrating in DOS1 to get CC'd right at the front and not be able to act until the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Well, henche my idea was to have it scaling, at start it'd still be at 100%. I'd find it to add more depth as it'd make shielding, barriers, fortifying and the sort even more important all while providing more options to CC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I dunno, I don't have an issue with it. I see it as a challenge to overcome in a fight, like "oh shit this one has a shit ton of armor gotta burn it down fast", CC is out of the question and that makes you think.
    And remember it works BOTH ways. I try to keep my magic armor up at all times because CHARM. If it were like you propose - fuck that - I once fought an enemy who had charm arrows, never again will I let my magic armor fall.
    CC being out of the question makes me feel like I need to think less, typically it then boils just down to "Check who has lowest melee/magic armor vs how high potential threat it is and nuke it with your group composition that's suited either or."

I'll unsub to WoW just to play this game. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And 84 hours later, game played through (Classic difficulty).

I'll wait a bit and let them fix some bugs that happen here and there, and then probably start another run on higher difficulty - might try origin character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Okay fuck this.

Just spent three hours trying to kill these unkillable mobs in Arx. First flaming undead lizards that respawn the second you kill them with no way to defeat them and then dream visions where you have to smash mirrors to make them killable.

I lost Fane doing the latter and didn't have enough resurrection scrolls to bring him back, he's now stuck in a pocket universe that I can't get to and I'm unable to so much as dismiss him.

Avoid the western wing of Arx, it's the worst part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Just spent three hours trying to kill these unkillable mobs in Arx. First flaming undead lizards that respawn the second you kill them with no way to defeat them and then dream visions where you have to smash mirrors to make them killable.
    Aye, did that Quest earlier - gave up with the idea of killing the cursed revenants when I noticed that there's small parts of necrofire inside of wall, and you can't kill them if there's any of it within distance. Ran up, picked the key, went through the doors and mobs dropped combat afterwards.

Those same mobs were easy to eliminate inside the portal tho, in last fight two of them spawned and tried to shoot fire arrows to spawn necrofire. I had whole group standing in water, so they couldn't generate any of it. Once all necrofire in map was gone, eliminated them and continued my journey. As for those "in real world", I left them standing there until end of the game.

Well, henche my idea was to have it scaling, at start it'd still be at 100%. I'd find it to add more depth as it'd make shielding, barriers, fortifying and the sort even more important all while providing more options to CC.
    The biggest offender atm is Provoke, it doesn't do anything if target has armor...but when target doesn't have armor why use Provoke when you can knockdown/"other hard cc" ?