M Nighthold post-7.3

How difficult would you say Mythic Nighthold (particularly Elisande/Gul'dan) are post-7.3 compared to Mythic ToS bosses at 930+ ilvl? Is there a lot of learning required?

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    How difficult would you say Mythic Nighthold (particularly Elisande/Gul'dan) are post-7.3 compared to Mythic ToS bosses at 930+ ilvl? Is there a lot of learning required?
    While I can't speak specifically to this I will leave you with one small kernel of wisdom.

At a high enough gear level all fights are LFR.

You still have to do mechanics at 930+

Elisande is super faceroll now, you just have to still kill the slow add and interrupt the fast add. The rings won't one shot you if you run through one, but will kill you if you stand there and let one pass you by. You can push her with only 1 ring (most will get 2), it feels closer to heroic, if you have a group that can dodge rings and do the heroic mechanics, you'll find very easy.

Gul'dan is actually super easy and feels just like heroic now until the final phase. The final demon within phase is the only hard part and still requires coordination and learning how to handle the orbs, once you figure that out, the boss just melts.

Star Augur alone is a huge block mechanically. You can't out gear that (at least in this expac) with people who don't know the mechanics.

At this point you can just ignore half the mechanics through just phasing the bosses so fast, the only ones that are a road block for pugs/people who don't fully know the fights are gul'dan, augur and botanist, rest is like doing lfr if you have a decently geared group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Gul'dan is actually super easy and feels just like heroic now until the final phase. The final demon within phase is the only hard part and still requires coordination and learning how to handle the orbs, once you figure that out, the boss just melts.
    Yes, but you can already kill him with just one Vision.
    Kill both Soul Fragments at the 1st Nightorb, use a Double Explosion, and nuke him with Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Star Augur alone is a huge block mechanically. You can't out gear that (at least in this expac) with people who don't know the mechanics.
    Really hes mechanically simple, the only trouble came from the overlaps and dps should allow you to skip most of them. If you just spread then stack 2/3 times correctly and don't mongo debuffs you're golden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Really hes mechanically simple, the only trouble came from the overlaps and dps should allow you to skip most of them. If you just spread then stack 2/3 times correctly and don't mongo debuffs you're golden.
    and later with even more gear youl just push the boss before barly any mechanics happen aswell.

Gul'dan is still not puggable IMO, too my guild 4h to rekill it in 7.3 when we went back with a couple new people, of course after that it was much easier.

It still requires a lot of coordination. It's not easy as some claim because if you have never done Gul'dan M before 7.3, you still need to learn the fight, do the mechanics and etc.. It's probably harder than 5 of the mythic TOS fights still.

We did pug for Elisande, all the pugs died but we killed it anyways, apparently rings are hard. Honestly the fight now is to understand you need to dodge rings and soak orbs, rest is not such a big deal.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-09-21 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Gul'dan is still not puggable IMO, too my guild 4h to rekill it in 7.3 when we went back with a couple new people, of course after that it was much easier.
    I already killed Gul'dan with a PUG, but i created the group using the Forum. Beside both of us tanks no one ever seen the Boss before and we was able to kill him in 16 pulls.

Edit: That was long before the Cruicible went live and the avg. GS was around 924, so not that much overgeared like if we would do that with our Mythic Mainraid.

Guldan phase one and two are "don't die to heroic mechanics", with phase 3 just relying on two people soaking tank debuffs, one person handling the nightorb, and everyone else just following callouts. As stated earlier it's really easy to single explosion phase 3, we were doing it pre-crucible.