Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I mean, you are taking offense to someone trying to help you. If you want your words to be read, you gotta put some spaces in bro. Don't hate on me for telling you how shit really is. /shrug
    I read your opinion post where you spoke for everyone on these forums and proclaimed it a wall of text. You don't speak for everyone here. It wasn't a giant wall of text, it was a large paragraph. If you lack the intelligence or patience to spend ~15 seconds reading it I'm not offended, I just feel bad for you. I'm not interested in your unsolicited advice. I actually disagree with your unsolicited advice. It's not complicated. If seeing a post that's more than an insubstantial one liner isn't something you can handle feel free to throw me on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The police are getting more militarized equipment, and more and more are doing things that to me, seem out of bounds. Maybe you have a higher threshhold for these things, fine. I, and many other people do not.

Find different ways of testing people,maybe using aids like this:

State-of-the-Art Training Simulators
    http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/a...etails?id=1147

As for the pipe, I thought people were saying cane, regardless, shooting someone with a pipe is not warranted either.
    What do you mean by "militarized" equipment? Cops carry guns, and it's not new. They don't get rocket launchers and shit from the military, bro. They get like armored vehicles, Kevlar vests, and shit like that. Defensive stuff, emergency stuff, like ropes and such, are not "militarizing" the police, and to say so is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    My deduction and personal experience.
    Ah, so absolute bullshit.

It's insane to fall back on your "experience" and "deductive" skills when one of his friendly neighbors tells you otherwise.

You think he just walked around with it wielding it as a club?
    Dunno mate, you tell me with those deductive skills of yours.

I don't technically need a metal hicking stick to do trails, but I'll still carry it, using it as a walking stick, in case I encounter critters.

Try to put some thought and apply this little thing called logic.
    HAHA! Automatically assuming shit and getting it wrong and you say I have no logic? You have bested me.... You're clearly the funnier man/woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by niil945 View Post
    I read your opinion post where you spoke for everyone on these forums and proclaimed it a wall of text. You don't speak for everyone here. It wasn't a giant wall of text, it was a large paragraph. If you lack the intelligence or patience to spend ~15 seconds reading it I'm not offended, I just feel bad for you. I'm not interested in your unsolicited advice. I actually disagree with your unsolicited advice. It's not complicated. If seeing a post that's more than an insubstantial one liner isn't something you can handle feel free to throw me on ignore.
    Why are your emotions on overload by being given a small bit of advice? Holy shit what a crazy cuckoo meltdown, over being told how to make your posts more read by others. Forget I said it, and move on with your life, bro. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Question again : if Americans are so much in love with their blue heroes, why there are departments in which they are badly trained and even ''baddlier'' paid ?

Because again, cops are not venerated as heroes in Canada and France (boy, if you think rap songs about shooting cops are bad, you don't know Georges Brassens...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV9mHPHRG7k) but they are given decent salaries...
    Corrupt politicians most likely. Why is Detroit still a hell hole for blacks when blacks are running it? Because they're corrupt.

Yeah, lip reading is standard for anyone deaf, save those who are also blind. Getting mad at cops for not reading sign language sort of falls apart when you realize it is the citizen who must obey police commands, and not the reverse. You have no right to disobey police commands, because you want to "talk" instead of doing what you were told. What he was being told, was no doubt something like, "Put down the weapon. Get on the ground.", etc. If he had obeyed police commands, he would not be dead. This is the same nearly every single time. When the cop says get on the ground, get on the fucking ground, or risk your life. Period.
    I'm going to disagree here. The guy was on his own porch, his property. He was not a criminal or suspect. The cops entered his property (his yard) without a warrant or probable cause to detain him. The proper course of action when you can't communicate with a person of interest isn't to shoot them, it's to get information about how to communicate with them. Which they were being provided by neighbors in the area. Given that the neighbors knew the guy was deaf, one of them could likely have acted as an interpreter.

Then the headline would be "Citizen Assists Officer in Hit-and-Run Investigation". That reads much better than "Witnesses Yell 'He Can't Hear You' as Cop Shoots Deaf Man".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Corrupt politicians most likely. Why is Detroit still a hell hole for blacks when blacks are running it? Because they're corrupt.
    Of course. Not because of white flight well before the urban decay. Or because the US tie police and school funding to local communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It's nice to see how little responsibility on the police officers being screamed at "He's deaf".

I'm sorry, but their job is to uphold civic duty and enforce laws, not arrive at a non-suspects house with guns drawn ready to taze and shoot down an innocent deaf man. it's their job to save lives and protect people like the person they just shot to death without using as much of a pittance of non-lethal force.

But I'm starting to get it now. The reason why lethal force is so loved in America isn't because of bloodthirst or some maddening desire to see the world burn.

People like you are just lazy and like killing people in the laziest ways possible.
    Ah, I see the real issue here, you're blatantly, and blindly, anti-American. You read a story about something bad in The U.S. and you get yourself into a frenzy about how horrible of a country it is. Even better is calling "people like me" lazy because we criticize your opinion for what it is, based entirely in prejudice.

What do you mean by "militarized" equipment? Cops carry guns, and it's not new. They don't get rocket launchers and shit from the military, bro. They get like armored vehicles, Kevlar vests, and shit like that. Defensive stuff, emergency stuff, like ropes and such, are not "militarizing" the police, and to say so is just silly.
    I know it's very hard to understand by people with a fetish for firearms, but in most countries, while there are interventions teams that train for this, ''police training'' does not mean ''fire arm training to shoot bad guyzes''.

Presumably because all countries other than the states are ''SJW BETA CUCKS'', police tend to be taught that firearms use against suspects or even worse random people (because, in the real world, ''bad guys'' are not that easy to distinguish from ''good guys'', except of course we all know that police forces use a complex psychological testing to do so. (1) ) is a last ressort, not the first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth ressort.

(1) The said complex psychological test used to determine if a suspect is a good guy or a bad guy in the USA.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-09-21 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Any disabled people in Canada at least are taught that cops are there to help them if they are ever lost hurt etc I can't say I've ever heard of them being taunt how to respond to a cop drawing there weapon at them or even in the possibly of them being shot when approaching one.
    take out the cop part.. i'm talking walking towards anyone with a gun pointed at them.. that is the key thing that stands out to me here that signals there is a greater issue.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I'm going to disagree here. The guy was on his own porch, his property. He was not a criminal or suspect. The cops entered his property (his yard) without a warrant or probable cause to detain him. The proper course of action when you can't communicate with a person of interest isn't to shoot them, it's to get information about how to communicate with them. Which they were being provided by neighbors in the area. Given that the neighbors knew the guy was deaf, one of them could likely have acted as an interpreter.

Then the headline would be "Citizen Assists Officer in Hit-and-Run Investigation". That reads much better than "Witnesses Yell 'He Can't Hear You' as Cop Shoots Deaf Man".
    Look, I don't disagree with all that you say. We don't have all the real facts yet, obviously. I will reserve my judgment until we do.

However, no matter where you are sitting, you are NEVER exempt from obeying police commands, even those that were given unlawfully. This is not how it works in a civilized society. If this man had allowed himself to be cuffed, none of this would have happened. Being falsely accused, or wrongfully detained is unfortunate. But the way civilized societies handle that, is in a court of law, at a later date. Civility DEMANDS that police be obeyed, even when they are wrong, with rare exception.

Question again : if Americans are so much in love with their blue heroes, why there are departments in which they are badly trained and even ''baddlier'' paid ?

Because again, cops are not venerated as heroes in Canada and France (boy, if you think rap songs about shooting cops are bad, you don't know Georges Brassens...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV9mHPHRG7k) but they are given decent salaries...
    Police officers are not routinely seen as "heroes." Police officers in many parts of the U.S. are well paid. Police officers in the majority of the U.S. are well trained. What you're stating is pure opinion not based in fact.

However, no matter where you are sitting, you are NEVER exempt from obeying police commands, even those that were given unlawfully. This is not how it works in a civilized society.
    You have a funny opinion of what counts as "civilized" society.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being deaf doesn't excuse you from stupidity. Coming at the cops with a weapon is a dumb idea.

Then again, his dad had just committed a hit-and-run and then tried to hide at home so who knows what he told his son to go do.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I wouldn't say it isn't a difficult call to make I personally know a cop who put him self at risk to talk down a homeless man with a knife in an alley so he didn't have to shoot him. This is the kind of thing I'd prefer every cop to be willing to try but I understand that's an unreasoned expectation and that Canadian police are trained to deal with the mentilly ill differently then American.
    I would agree that United States' police definitely need to focus their training more on mentally ill and the "guardian" aspect of their role. A good friend of mine is currently in the academy and he's seeing that training aspect transition already. But it will take awhile.

In this case, some guy walks towards an armed officer with a weapon. Pretty clear cut - although tragic. This post and the media "outrage" are why LEO's are getting such a bad rap. Where are all the other, opposite stories where LEO's go way out of their way to help people? Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Police officers are not routinely seen as "heroes." Police officers in many parts of the U.S. are well paid. Police officers in the majority of the U.S. are well trained. What you're stating is pure opinion not based in fact.
    I said explicitly ''in some departments''

So are you saying that there should be no way, or there is no way, to evaluate someone that wants to become a cop?
    I'm saying that the extremes can't be tested and there will be deaths sooner or later.

Should peple that have mental health issues become cops?
    Some intersectional feminists would say "yes, they should be allowed to be cops."

I'd say no one with a mental disability should be allowed to hold a weapon.

Of course. Not because of white flight well before the urban decay. Or because the US tie police and school funding to local communities.
    So you're a racist. Are you really saying that they can't the city back on track without white people? Bigotry of low expectations.

I am not claiming that every use of force is unjustified. I just think now, and maybe it's because there are more cameras so we see it more often now, that cops seem to be shoot first in a lot of cases... or tackling people, etc...

From the cops perspective I can understand some of that, we have legal firearms here and anyone can have one... and unstable or mental people can have one as well... etc...

But that is a societal issue, and an issue with unstandardized gun laws that are not followed uniformly across states, etc... That is technically all of our faults since we allow that to happen as a nation. And the NRA is there being the cheerleader for more guns.

- - - Updated - - -

So are you saying that there should be no way, or there is no way, to evaluate someone that wants to become a cop? Should peple that have mental health issues become cops?
    How dare the NRA advocate for one of the Bill of Rights amendments! The horror!

Are there any amendments in the Bill of Rights that the Left still believes in?

First - Nope
    Second - Hell no
    Third Amendment - Maybe
    Fourth - Nope
    Fifth - Depends on the crime
    Sixth - Maybe
    Seventh - Activist judges say hi
    Eighth - I think we found one the left still likes!
    Ninth - I think the left would actually apply this much more broadly, so yes.
    Tenth - The most hated of them all by the left, as it hampers judicial activism.

So, we are at two, at best, that the Left agrees with, of our basic fundamental rights. Yeah, these people are occupying the moral high ground....not.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    take out the cop part.. i'm talking walking towards anyone with a gun pointed at them.. that is the key thing that stands out to me here that signals there is a greater issue.
    I doubt many disabled people are taught that much about guns.

I said explicitly ''in some departments''
    No, you didn't. Even if you had, why would you focus on the vast minority as if it's somehow a representation of the whole system? Why would you think that the U.S. law enforcement system is somehow the only one with problems, as if corrupt/poorly trained/paid police don't exist anywhere in the world?