Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yeah, I was wrong about Arator, but Stormwind was already fully repaired by the time of Beyond the Dark Portal.
    Fully repaired? I doubt that... That's only 2 years... Even if that had once been canon it's not unreasonable for that to have been retconned.

They were having a ceremony outside SW for the fallen and likely because the statues had just been finished. Stop looking for malice where none exists... X'era isn't perfect, obviously, but this particular scenario is not malicious.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Yeah, I was wrong about Arator, but Stormwind was already fully repaired by the time of Beyond the Dark Portal.
    Not entirely if I recall beyond the dark portal correctly they were still on it, Variann even comments on the marvelous work of the stonemasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Arator was born on Azeroth and remained there, she even remembers leaving him behind before going of to wage war. That specific vision doesn't seem to be a lie, but it was used to coax her along the path, though that x'era never showed them anything afterwards is quite telling, since everything on Azeroth went to hell.
    Yep, that's a great argument. Xe'ra doesn't show Alleria a future Sylvanas, while Turalyon does get to see a future Arator.

Yep, that's a great argument. Xe'ra doesn't show Alleria a future Sylvanas, while Turalyon does get to see a future Arator.
    Indeed she was manipulative, it didn't seem like she was lying, but knew full well that Alleria would loose it if she learned of what happened to her home, instead she showed her only the pleasantries.

This is quite telling

Alleria let her consciousness float over the crowd. They were all looking upward. Yes, she
    recognized some of the elves there. Warriors. Fellow hunters. Magi. Friends

Most of those are dead by now or members of the horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was the future Turalyon saw... the same as the dream Arator had?

Arator:
    A crimson skyline envelops me as Legion, numbering beyond comprehension, battle in the distance. I kneel before the body of a man, presumably my father, and weep. As he is gasping for air, his body wholly crushed, he whispers something. Despite every effort, I am unable to hear what he is trying to tell me.
    Turalyon:
    "I saw
    Arator. He was grown, a paladin, standing beneath a crimson sky, looking down at me. I
    could feel nothing, nothing but pride for him.

Turalyon mentioned a vision when he was reformed in the light and it is identical to what Arator describes as a dream in Honor Hold when you speak to him.

Arator mentions that he holds his dying father in his hands with a red sky above them and Turalyon mentioned that he saw his son above him with a crimson sky at his back. Could easily mean that Turalyon is bound to die soon enough.

Despite all of this, this could be just one fate out of many and it doesn't necessarily have to come true, but if Turalyon dies it would surely open up a lot of possible arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Turalyon mentioned a vision when he was reformed in the light and it is identical to what Arator describes as a dream in Honor Hold when you speak to him.

Arator mentions that he holds his dying father in his hands with a red sky above them and Turalyon mentioned that he saw his son above him with a crimson sky at his back. Could easily mean that Turalyon is bound to die soon enough.
    According to this story arator is the anchor for Alleria, if he dies she will very likely loose it. I like this personally it opens up the possibility to wipe out one entire branch of those damn windrunners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Now i wish all paladins and priest have "kill switch" that turns them into mindless servants of light, completely erasing their sense of self.

Hell, "light hivemind" would be a great final boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Now i wish all paladins and priest have "kill switch" that turns them into mindless servants of light, completely erasing their sense of self.

That actually would be... fun

Why erase their sense of self when you can overwrite it with the "greater good" and have them all connected on the same wavelength? Same result, but more subtle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Why erase their sense of self when you can overwrite it with the "greater good" and have them all connected on the same wavelength? Same result, but more subtle.
    At some point you no longer need to be subtle. And as the story goes light approaches this point...at the "light" speed.

It would be great to see light go all out once their facade is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    https://youtu.be/yUpbOliTHJY

So, and what do all the paladins and priest players get? And should we add one for death knights too, because Bolvar wants to take control over them anyway.

At this point all magic should be abolished, because all magic is evil.

At some point you no longer need to be subtle. And as the story goes light approaches this point...at the "light" speed.

It would be great to see light go all out once their facade is broken.
    While I'm sure the forces of Light may have done similar things at some point in time, I'm expecting something a little different from the earlier iterations of the Army of Light. Their mentions of the Light burning worlds are just too fitting.

No man escapes the Manhunters.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-21 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keydiam View Post
    So, and what do all the paladins and priest players get? And what about demon hunters who have an inner demon? Or death knights?

At this point all magic should be abolished, because all magic is evil.
    *plot device immunity*

Duh. Just say that players paladin/priest had weak faith, or had stash of lolicon hentai hidden under their beds.

Player orcs menaged to control their inner orc just fine during SOO.

*plot device immunity*

Duh. Just say that players paladin/priest had weak faith, or had stash of lolicon hentai hidden under their beds.

We could see the return of bloodknight like paladins, using the light as a mere tool. Now that is something I'd love to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    We could see the return of bloodknight like paladins, using the light as a mere tool. Now that is something I'd love to see.
    Lady liandrin: Not on my watch motherfuckers.

Tho i must say, i would love to kill her after she is reduced to mindless pawn.

*plot device immunity*

Oh, well...at this point I can probably start to ignore the entire lore, because it really starts to annoy me.

Lady liandrin: Not on my watch motherfuckers.

Tho i must say, i would love to kill her after she is reduced to mindless pawn.
    Oh I would love to see her reaction if she finds out her "salvation" was a lie, I miss the cynic Liadrin, but it is unlikely she can be salvaged at this point.

"She saw darkened worlds burning in holy fire."
    But seriously, with how Blizzard seems to love comics, I have little doubt that Green Lantern lore could be an inspiration for the Army of the Light and its potential predecessors.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20090215050203
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-09-21 at 08:51 PM.