Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So how is Turalyon over 1k years old?

I can understand Alleria since she's an elf that can live for thousands of years, but Turalyon is a human, with a human lifespan.

Do they ever explain how he is able to live for so long?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

by the holy light!

in other news, I have no idea - but reading the "Arthas - lich king" book, it's amazing the way the paladins interact with one another lol..makes me laugh to myself

He was reforged in the light, he has become immortal in the process, it is something the most devout followers of the army of the light are blessed with.

Then we are walking the path of destiny. You have done well, Turalyon.
    Xe'ra announced the good news to the rest of the Army of the Light.
    Turalyon… a child of Azeroth… a human of Lordaeron… a paladin of the Silver Hand… has
    crossed the boundaries of mortality. He has been found worthy to become an eternal
    protector of creation.
    He has been forged in the Light.

Deleted
    listen to the new Audio"book".
    Should give u an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Holy" light clearly invested their research time into bio-tech. I wonder what else they have in store.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically my BELF Pally is gonna double dip into Elf life span with the light's immortality turning him into an immortal juggernaut of the Light?

Cool.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So basically my BELF Pally is gonna double dip into Elf life span with the light's immortality turning him into an immortal juggernaut of the Light?

Cool.
    This quote was quite interesting, it seems the sunwell sustained the high elven longevity after all, so now that it is a font of both light and arcane they might live even longer.

The elves of Silvermoon had the Sunwell and, thus, something akin to immortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    This quote was quite interesting, it seems the sunwell sustained the high elven longevity after all, so now that it is a font of both light and arcane they might live even longer.
    "And what must we give in return ?"
    "Every...lots of it"

Cool.
    I'm not so sure you'd want to get yourself Lightforged. It seems to make you blind to other possibilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can understand Alleria since she's an elf that can live for thousands of years, but Turalyon is a human, with a human lifespan.

Do they ever explain how he is able to live for so long?
    i mean... have you missed the whole magic thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I wonder if with Xe'ra's death, this immortality is still a thing. Since you can see the golden hue in his eyes fade after Illidan blasts her in Rejection of the Gift, the immortality might be gone aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    so he's been forced into being immortal by the narru. Because thats not creepy as shit.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    I'm not so sure you'd want to get yourself Lightforged. It seems to make you blind to other possibilities.
    It really doesn't, considering Turalyon still trusts and loves his wife, whom he knows is using void magic. The Lightforging didn't blind him, or seemingly change his personality at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    so he's been forced into being immortal by the narru. Because thats not creepy as shit.
    he accepted it, he wasn't forced... Hell he WANTED it if for no other reason so he could be with his wife longer, whom would have far, far outlived him, and so he could live long enough to see his son (whom would have also far outlived him) again...

Nothing was asked of him in return he wasn't already doing, there was literally no downside, who wouldn't accept it in that scenario? I know I would.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-22 at 12:48 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

Nothing was asked of him in return he wasn't already doing, there was literally no downside, who wouldn't accept it in that scenario? I know I would.
    thats easy to say in a cartoony setting like warcraft. But in the real world peoples lives, attitudes, beliefs, feelings, all changes over time, in the course of someones lifetime they can completely change their outlook, those they care about, and thats just in the course of 70-100 years,
    This paints a pretty unrealistic outlook at someone whos of a species that isn't meant to be immortal, somehow living for over 1k years, and still have the exact same personality as he's always had.

Hell, when you consider the theme of sargeras, who was a titan, who started off as being calm and collected and just, but over the course of fighting endless battles against demons, was driven mad by it and his outlook on the universe as it was changed dramatically from wanting to protect it, to wanting to corrupt it and consume all life from it. His course of development had more a more realistic outcome, where as Tyralyon hasn't changed at all in 1k years.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats easy to say in a cartoony setting like warcraft. But in the real world peoples lives, attitudes, beliefs, feelings, all changes over time, in the course of someones lifetime they can completely change their outlook, those they care about, and thats just in the course of 70-100 years,
    This paints a pretty unrealistic outlook at someone whos of a species that isn't meant to be immortal, somehow living for over 1k years, and still have the exact same personality as he's always had.

Hell, when you consider the theme of sargeras, who was a titan, who started off as being calm and collected and just, but over the course of fighting endless battles against demons, was driven mad by it and his outlook on the universe as it was changed dramatically from wanting to protect it, to wanting to corrupt it and consume all life from it. His course of development had more a more realistic outcome, where as Tyralyon hasn't changed at all in 1k years.

His personality didn't change from before the lightforging to after, it has had no discernible effect on him... Suggesting anything else is just wild speculation... Saying "he's the same person he has always been and that's a problem" is grasping, no, flailing at straws because you want something to be wrong with him, not because anything actually is.

The man was pretty old already by the time the lightforging happened, it's not that likely he would have any major character changes at that point no matter how long he lived, at that point a person's mind is mostly made up on just about every topic.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-22 at 01:04 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what your saying it, your content with him being a total marty sue? Guess thats fine when its your own waifu.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforging - keeps you regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It really doesn't, considering Turalyon still trusts and loves his wife, whom he knows is using void magic. The Lightforging didn't blind him, or seemingly change his personality at all.

- - - Updated - - -

he accepted it, he wasn't forced... Hell he WANTED it if for no other reason so he could be with his wife longer, whom would have far, far outlived him, and so he could live long enough to see his son (whom would have also far outlived him) again...

The mind degenerates over time. You'd literally think yourself insane. Based on your personality, experiences, will and other factors, between 50-200 added years onto your normal life expectancy, you'd no longer be yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yea... that shit didn't do anything for Anasterian who's just as old as Alleria, but he was decrepit and now she's 1000 years older than when he died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    The mind degenerates over time. You'd literally think yourself insane. Based on your personality, experiences, will and other factors, between 50-200 added years onto your normal life expectancy, you'd no longer be yourself.
    I don't think you understand the concept of magic.

Elves were never intended to be immortal, and they aren't biologically, they only live as long as they do because of magic (Well of Eternity, Nightwell, Sunwell, blessing of the Bronze aspect on the world tree Nordrassil in Hyjal, etc) , and they don't "think themselves insane", so why would a human when subjected to the same type of magics?

This is just not a thing that happens when life is extended via Warcraft's magic methods.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-22 at 07:24 AM.