Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Think of it as "real PvP". They goaded you into swearing, then reported you, then you got the banhammer. Translation: they won this round.

Play smarter next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    The reason I think you're a liar is because: How do you know he reported you? There's no feedback when this happens, you don't get a popup and the effects when whispering them is the exact same as /ignore, which I do frequently to people who bid way too low to prevent angry messages from angsty children who think they deserve the item cheap.
    The reason I think why I don't really concern myself with others is because how little their brain can go.

But here, a bone.

When people report you, it puts you on ignore. Given the guy plays League of Legends, he's trained to report.

if you meet one asshole a day, you've met an asshole. if all you meet is assholes all day, you ARE the asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    The reason I think why I don't really concern myself with others is because how little their brain can go.

But here, a bone.

When people report you, it puts you on ignore. Given the guy plays League of Legends, he's trained to report.
    Maybe he just ignored you? I used to ignore some people who wasted my time with their way too low offers and just didn't get the hint that it's not enough. You clearly didn't get the hint as you went for it again, which revealed you being blocked.

Maybe it was an instant ignore as you portray it, maybe you tried a few times before getting the ignore. Who knows.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right.

I am a man of fine words.

Today, I've said to someone "Your item is worth 20k, I can buy it for the price.", he said "gj, you're a troll" and reported me. You get the picture.

There were like 2-3 incidents in the last 1-2 years where someone got me so mad I'd tell them interesting things.
    Re: "interesting things", if someone gets you so mad that you break TOS and abuse the shit out of them, dude, you had it coming, and you're the foolish one for getting so mad and having so little self-control that that happened. If you're really dealing with jerks, it should be them who are getting mad and throwing fits, because it's jerks who pitch fits, not decent people.

I mean, this is true IRL as well, I should note. Decent people remain calm. You might get angry, but you don't throw a fit.

As for "You're a troll, reported!", well did you catch a suspension/ban/silence for that? Because, unless it was an actual fuck-up by Blizzard, that seems unlikely. As I said, I've been told "REPORTED!!!" countless times by raging idiots, but haven't ever been banned/suspended/silenced (fingers crossed).

Blizzard do fuck up sometimes, to be fair. Not often, but it happens. Back in late vanilla/early TBC my wife and I once reported this weird dude who had been sending us creepy, slightly demented tells (seriously gave off a "something actually wrong with him" vibe) and trying mess with our pulls. Then my wife gets an email saying she has been suspended for 3 hours for "Pull Interference", and details the offence, only it's very clear from the email that they just mixed up my wife's character's name, and the offender's character's name, right to the point to where they refer to "your character [other guy's character name]". They weren't even similar names! She wasn't the one pulling either, I was!

That's Blizzard's EU CSRs though - a lot of them just don't speak English, yet deal with English-language complaints, so you get these amazing misunderstandings. They were particularly awful back then, but they're still not great.

If you're not on EU, though... then there was probably a reason if you caught a silence.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    if you meet one asshole a day, you've met an asshole. if all you meet is assholes all day, you ARE the asshole.
    That's definitely true IRL. It's probably true in game, too, but only if you assume all the totally silent people are not assholes. Assholes are disproportionately likely to be active in General and/or Instance chat. I mean, I was in LFR a couple of days ago, and everyone seemed be doing fine, but literally the only people who spoke were me and the other tank (just saying who will do what), and three complete jerks who were backslapping about how dumb "Huntards" were (one of them couldn't even spell Huntard, either - he repeatedly spelled it Hunutard - jesus wept dude...). It was particularly sad because the person who had actually caused the problem wasn't a Hunter or DH, it was an SPriest, but why bother with the facts eh lads?
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-09-22 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    That's a nice thought and it sounds good for a TED talk quote, but as for the real basis - there's none.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're constantly running into assholes, chances are you're the actual asshole.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    If you're constantly running into assholes, chances are you're the actual asshole.
    That's a nice thought and it sounds good for a TED talk quote, but as for the real basis - there's none. x2

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a nice thought and it sounds good for a TED talk quote, but as for the real basis - there's none. x2
    It may be simplifying the situation but it's not entirely untrue. I mean, it's one thing, if you're say, on public transport and just noticing a lot of people behaving badly. It's another thing if most interactions you have with other people are negative, and you're not say, in jail where there might be an obvious explanation ("on an FFA PvP server" for games that have them is roughly equivalent to "in jail" in this context, too). If most conversations with strangers go okay, and don't end in reporting and arguments and so on, you're probably fine - but if say, more than 50% do, you might want to at least consider if your own behaviour is maybe part of the problem, like a large part.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, no, we shouldn't allow cunts to have it their way, but in reality, it's just one every week or so.
    So the solution is to be a cunt yourself, I see. Hard to see where this went wrong.

I totally understand wanting to tell some WoW hero to go fuck himself when he's being a twatwaffle, but sometimes its better just to report them and continue on. If I'm in dungeon finder or LFR and someone is being a twat, most of the time if I vote to kick him the guy ends up getting removed not long after.

I think a lot of people are tired of douchebaggery in WoW; they're just not wanting to be the first one to say something.

Blizzard should try to be more open on what the solution is here for people who got the ban unfairly.
    Do you believe you've convinced anyone who posted on this thread that was not on your side, to be on your side?

What is your side? That there should be no 12 hour mutes? That Blizzard should go through a tribunal before deciding if someone gets a 12 hour mute? That if a player says "this is unfair!" -- which I believe that nearly every single muted player will claim -- that manual intervention should occur?

People who believe in rehabilitation waste time.
    If someone can't be rehabilitated what's the point of even talking back to them? You need to realize if you don't believe it will change them, then you're yelling at them to make yourself feel good. If that's not the definition of toxic I don't know what is.

I checked my logs, I'm mostly sarcastic, say someone says something toxic in raid-chat and I kick them and they whisper me, I reply (copy-pasted):

"A bit wet down there? Go fuck yourself."
    You don't think the person you were talking to will change. You said that to make yourself feel good. You say "Go fuck yourself" to others to make yourself feel better. You deserve the mute.

And so, today I got a mute for 12 hours.

Unfortunately, this system is a double-edged sword, where, for most it does the job...because it's usually a case of someone being toxic.

But say you tell people they're wrong, they get offended and they report you and this happens a lot. Not saying I'm an angel: I'm a firm believer that if an asshole is toxic, you tell them to fuck off. But in my case, these are rare, so, really, how many people need to report you?

How do I appeal this?

Answer is: I can't.

Blizzard should try to be more open on what the solution is here for people who got the ban unfairly.
    Fighting fire with fire isn't always the best solution.