Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Superstitions -- Got any?

Interested to hear if anyone else has any WoW superstitions of their own. Mine are...

- If I'm rolling for an item, I wait to do it last as I've won many items this way

- I've carried around Enhanced Sours in my bags ever since I got one

- That killing Mr. Bigglesworth will ruin your RNG for that run in Naxx (my whole guild firmly believed this in Classic)

- I sacrifice my turkey pet Gobbles to the almighty campfire as many times as I think I need for RNG boosts

- I believe if you roll a high number before a piece of loot drops that you need, that you've wasted your good roll and won't win if/when it does drop

- I believe in what goes around comes around. If you're positive, do good things in-game, and help others, you'll be rewarded with something nice in return.

- I believe the words "Last Attempt" have a magical effect on a raid. It definitely brings out everyone's A-game. Should NOT be abused, though.

- I've always believed a campfire going during a boss attempt makes a significant difference.

So that's mine. Turns out I have quite a few lol. How about you?

7+ Year Old Account
    i have heard of and still enforce the mister bigglesworth one. to this very day. anytiome we do mog runs in naxx no one is allowed to touch it and if they do we end the run till reset.

adn i also agree that last atempt is magical.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to believe that if i contributed in LFR i had a greater loot chance. I always knew this was false but somehow i always thought if i didn't afk around and tried my chance to get something would be greater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    For me its mindset about actually not believe THAT item drop. While suddenly THAT item will drops.. or i bonus roll it.
    Eventually its like just randomly being around, flying around sone instance "well, while i´m there, i´ll just quickly do it".
    Raven Lord, Invicible, Horseman´s reins, many mog drops...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been holding onto my Talisman of True Treasure Tracking just becasue of the fact of when I once wore it for the lols some time mid WoD, I got the mount from Al'akir.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I hear that if you SHOUT IN GUILD CHAT and spam the item you want from your weekly cache it will sometimes give it to you.

I always try and get a normal (not upgraded) item before I roll on an important boss hoping I get an upgraded version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    - That killing Mr. Bigglesworth will ruin your RNG for that run in Naxx (my whole guild firmly believed this in Classic)?
    We had a bit the same, except, many believed it would remove any chance of BoE's in Wrath, while in vanilla we thought it would fuck up RNG.. WHY ELSE WOULD THERE BE A NAMED KILLABLE COMPANION PET!?!?!?!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet Mr. Bigglesworth. I remember poor noobee expelled from the guild after lengthy investigation upon mr. Bigglesworth sudden death.

Obviously raid night was cancelled.

Btw he wasn't "noobee" in terms of skills or whatever. He was full t2 rogue. He was just new to our guild and was excepted after many trials.

Now defunct "Contested" guild, Warsong EU (defunct also).

...oh Vanilla... ..sweet memories. Rest in peace.

P.S. Thanks to OP for this time travel)
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-09-22 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Back in WoD, there was a good luck coin you could loot in Frostfire Ridge that would give you a slight stat buff of some sort as long as you were in the zone. I'd get it on every Horde character I leveled through Draenor, just because.

My friend gave me a good luck charm she pick pocketed at some point. Later that night I ended up getting the Al'ar mount and haven't got rid of the charm since.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Killing a gnome in a raid will sacrifice to the RNG and make rolls in your favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lucky Jubling that I /kiss during progression (or just nights where we're having a rough go at things) to bestow luck upon the raid.

It's more of just a tradition than a superstition. I don't really believe in that kind of thing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always believed that it was bad luck to be superstitious.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Only casuals get good and highly titanforged items, seems to be true though in my guilds case

toons have a "luck" stat that is hidden and random upon creation and why some people get rare mounts / pets super fast while others never see them

case in point my alt DK got BiS leggs for the first 2.. mean while my main prot pally has so-so ones and its been a month+ since the last one dropped.

and yes, last pull is magical... just like the first post break pull sucks.

I have a "bad" raid group i help with that every progression kill in NH was on accidental pulls lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    P.S. Thanks to OP for this time travel
    You're welcome

Seems Mr. Bigglesworth is a pretty common superstition. Really enjoying reading everyone's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wear necklaces. Never have, never well. That's how they get you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I used to believe that if i contributed in LFR i had a greater loot chance. I always knew this was false but somehow i always thought if i didn't afk around and tried my chance to get something would be greater.
    That would actually be a great idea. Slightly better loot chances for % of fight you were active in.

When I make a new char, I always keep any and all of these I find while leveling. Think my rogue has something like
    in his bank lol

Rabbit's Foot

Rabbit's Other Foot

I never accept a quest before hitting level 2 on a new character. Don't really do it for superstitious reasons, more or less I've just always done it in every game I ever played (where it was an option)