Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Plenty of space the pace was slow lots of room between him and the kid. It was a cowardly act. Im more than happy not to be a cops bootlicker. Cop should be charged with murder in my opinion.
    What a fucking joke easy for someone like you to say mr big strong keyboard warrior calling it a cowardly act you make me sick he did what he was trained to confront the person which was aggressive and they grappled which alone is not reason for him to shot but the second any object comes out after having someone grabbing at you or you belt it becomes an armed which and he did the right thing and Im not a cops book licker I fucking live with a excop who is now a ADW for corrections you have no fucking idea the shit these people go through or how they are trained so go spout you senseless hatred else where.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Do not get me wrong...shooting him was wrong. And if he had to shoot 1 shot would have already been over kill....but last time i checked ( something you did not mention) he took the police officers ammo clip . So he attacked a cop, took his ammo clip and try to run. So off all the shootings...this one i kinda get. ( still think its overkill ( no pun intended) to shoot 7 times). But the man could have not swung at the cop OR steal his ammo....and i think we would not be having this discussion.

But on the other hand...what is it with cops in the US. are they paid by the bullet shot or something. Shooting should always be the last option. And 1 shot is enough to take down a person. Only if he charges you after that shot, a other shot would be "needed".
    Its called reflex shooting I think that after the first shot they we keep squeezing as if they were shooting a target an another thing that causes rapid discharge is panic shooting which is pretty self explanatory when seeing a weapon drawn on you while fighting someone.

EDIT All you people care about is the bad or what you THINK is bad you never give two shits about all the good
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-09-23 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    What a fucking joke easy for someone like you to say mr big strong keyboard warrior calling it a cowardly act you make me sick he did what he was trained to confront the person which was aggressive and they grappled which alone is not reason for him to shot but the second any object comes out after having someone grabbing at you or you belt it becomes an armed which and he did the right thing and Im not a cops book licker I fucking live with a excop who is now a ADW for corrections you have no fucking idea the shit these people go through or how they are trained so go spout you senseless hatred else where.

Its called reflex shooting I think that after the first shot they we keep squeezing as if they were shooting a target an another thing that causes rapid discharge is panic shooting which is pretty self explanatory when seeing a weapon drawn on you while fighting someone.
    Not used to guns so did not know that. Fired some guns with family in US. But that is like once in a lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account

EDIT All you people care about is the bad or what you THINK is bad you never give two shits about all the good
    All I seen was a cop overreacting and killing someone because he could. I'll express that view here now because I can. You over reaching and trying to bark orders it makes sense why you are trying to lecture.

Too much of your nonsense goes unchecked with this rabid boot licking. Your excop and you need to check your fucking authority kick. Shit like this will put more cops in danger not less.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-23 at 08:26 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Last month, the officers’ union announced that its members had overwhelmingly approved a no confidence vote in Chief Robert Handy. Handy who has lead the department since 2013, began equipping officers with body cameras last year, despite opposition from members of the police union board.
    I'm actually more concerned with this. What else has the guy done other than want to bring in body cameras that the Union would vote no confidence over?

15+ Year Old Account
    All I seen was a cop overreacting and killing someone because he could. I'll express that view here now because I can. You over reaching and trying to bark orders it makes sense why you are trying to lecture.
    Im the one over reaching when your yelling murder at someone who is just doing their job as they are trained, to protect themselves and others good joke right there if you think all these cops are doing their jobs wrong you should go get trained up and become one youself and see how it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im the one over reaching when your yelling murder at someone who is just doing their job as they are trained, to protect themselves and others good joke right there if you think all these cops are doing their jobs wrong you should go get trained up and become one youself and see how it really is.
    No this guy is a fucking pathetic disgrace he's out of shape in effective and stupid. I sure as fuck feel bad for the tax payers paying this cowards salary.

Fucking executed a kid because he's incompetent.

And yes you're over reaching with the nonsense telling me where to go on a thread because you don't like the truth.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-23 at 08:37 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Looks like self defense to me.

Fake outrage is delicious.

Pulling stuff from a officers utility belt is a death warrant that he experienced first hand.

The officer could have easily pepper sprayed him or tazed him. Instead he reaches for his gun and pumps 7 bullets into the kid.
    Taser would have caught in his jacket, and he wouldn't have had time to reload it at that range and with no backup. Pepperspray might have worked...or it might have done nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah watched this a few times, the cop had plenty of time to reassess the situation without using lethal force, this was murder.
    No he didn't. The man had a knife and he was well within the 21 foot rule. I would have shot in that situation. Shoot was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    An unarmed person attacking an Officer and is close enough to pull something from his belt.
    Why do people expect nothing bad to happen when they attack cops?

I have a feeling at the rate its going we are going to need a special class for people to understand this.

Attacking cops can get you killed?

Horrryyy sheeeet, this is mindblowing. Literally.

glad the cop made it out of that situation and ended the threat properly. good work on his part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why do people expect nothing bad to happen when they attack cops?

I have a feeling at the rate its going we are going to need a special class for people to understand this.
    because they are morons LOL

I've watched the video multiple times, and I see plenty of justification for the use of force by the officer. The suspect grabbed something from his belt, and was still aggressive. There's only a few feet between them, and the officer was backing off. I think it's a good bet that the officer didn't know exactly what was removed from his belt, or even if the suspect had pulled something from his own pocket. No jury in this country would convict the officer for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Attacking cops can get you killed?

Horrryyy sheeeet, this is mindblowing. Literally.
    I am thinking of offering a class explaining to people how to not get shot by cops. Enroll today and I will throw in "why you shouldn't try to grab a soldier's guns." For free.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame the cop will have to live with the memories of putting this rabid animal down.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can clearly see had a knife. It even drops out of his hand after he fell on the ground. Why the hell is this news? He was attacking an officer. Why do people on this fucking website think you should be able to attack an officer and not receive negative consequences for your actions? Are you all insane?
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-09-23 at 10:00 PM.

He took those shots like a champ.

how's come these cherry picked videos never show the whole situation? They only show the ending so we never get the whole story of what happened.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yet ANOTHER cop shooting an unarmed person. This time it was SEVEN SHOTS and captured on video.
    Please understand that lethal violence from a police officer isn't always automatically wrong? If they do not have the right to kill to defend themselves or others in SPECIFIC situations they are no longer able to enforce the law.

Also, there has gotta be a Darwin award laying around somewhere.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I'm actually more concerned with this. What else has the guy done other than want to bring in body cameras that the Union would vote no confidence over?
    This is not a valid argument. It is a bit like me putting surveillance cameras all over your house and when you object I ask what you are hiding. There are a lot of issues with body cams. Would you want to have everything you do/say at work recorded and possibly scrutinized.

Also, the US is HUGE. I would be surprised if you did not have a variety issues on a purely statistical basis and the number of police shootings that I have seen mentioned does not appear to be very high. I realize this is not exactly solid evidence so if anyone has some numbers?? I did not find any reliable source after a solid 45 sec of googling...