Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I doubt they get in trouble at all. They did their part by the book. How were they supposed to know he is deaf or has no criminal background? I'd sure like to know where mind reader cops are stationed.
    Oh I don't know, thy could have listened to the people shouting at them that the guy was deaf. Or is that considered too difficult for the average cop in Oklahoma?

Deleted
    Glad to not be American

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    or better yet, GET RID OF FUCKING FIREARMS and only have them used by specially trained units that need to be authorised by a senior officer, this never happens in the UK,.
    Lol and have the cops go in against some armed goon with police sticks?

I'm European and against guns for the population but cops not having them is dumb as fuck. What do you do if some dude goes to the square and starts shooting? Wait for the army to come? He'll have killed dozens.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Oh I don't know, thy could have listened to the people shouting at them that the guy was deaf.
    It doesn't matter if he was deaf or not.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Like how we infringe on the rights of a baby and don't allow them to have guns, alcohol, or recreational drugs. Among a host of other things. It's why we don't give licences to people who can't see properly. We don't allow people to drive certain vehicles because they're not 100% safe to do so. There are a long list of restrictions we put on people because they're likely to be a danger to others or themselves.

Everyone who's mentally stable and above a certain age should be allowed guns, but there also needs to be a lot of requirements in order to get them. Background checks as well as some sort of test to determine their ability to safely handle a weapon. There could be courses that people can take to prepare for tests. This would also create jobs... Why do we have driving test but not gun tests? The right would definitely be against this IF it were paid through taxes, so you'd have to find a way for them to be privatized.
    Those tests exist right now if you want a LTC. At they do in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Exactly. If the witness account of what happened agrees with the police report, the police will be justified. Makes no difference if he could not hear them or not, you do not walk toward a cop with a 2 foot metal pipe in your hand as they are clearly pointing a firearm at you. That is asking to be shot.
    It is asking to get neutralized, tasered, teargassed, shot in the legs etc, not killed. There are many ways to neutralize a person besides killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    It is asking to get neutralized, tasered, teargassed, shot in the legs etc, not killed. There are many ways to neutralize a person besides killing them.
    I agree this was wrong and unneeded level of use of force, but in the states, we only shot people in the legs when we want to be sued.

When asked why Barnes used a gun instead of a Taser, Mathews said he didn't know.
    a piece of shit

and so is anyone defending the cop

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    When your country has as many gangs, cartels and areas that a poorer than some third world countries you can make a comparison, until then it's pointless.
    You're almost right. Other countries have those issues too, but yes not in the same arrangement or size as America and that doesn't account for the shooting of people who aren't part of that.

But why is the discussion never about those things? America doesn't even understand itself as a country and is complacent with cops shooting anyone they deem dangerous, no matter who they are. Save for the senseless shooting of black people resulting in uprisings which is totally justified (but sometimes their actions go too far, but what do you expect when you have a country founded on racial discrimination with unhealed wounds that authority loves to poke?).