Poll: Underwater Zone

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Scaling of the target's frame with the distance would help.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a ranged sure. As melee I want an out!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Vashj'ir is still my favourite zone and one of the only ones pre-mop where I don't get bored questing through. So yes please.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-09-23 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People who voted no are the same people who want all zones to just be flat pieces of terrain.
    Untrue. I dislike underwater zones because of how funky they are, how slow everythig feels, and how they provoke motion sickness, but I like a lot the irregular terrain of Legion zones, it makes the zones to feel "real".

VOted "I don't want it".

Vashj'ir was bad because it defied all three things. It was a beautiful zone, yes, but you spend a lot of time in confusing 3D space, and the zone is huge, with a looooooong storyline that seems to never end. To make it even worse, you are constantly having defats and setbacks in the story, and it ends in a bad cliffhanger, so there's not even a pay-off.

But I wouldn't mind if there was ONE zone underwater, and most of the action happened either at surface or at the bottom, and the storyline is not too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually thought the idea was interesting and fun. It was something different for once. I'd enjoy it.

If it's just one of many, no problem. And perhaps if it is done a little more player-friendly. All the zones being underwater? Hell no. Let's stick with variety. Okay? Yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    ugh. How many of you who voted yes actually played Vashir while it was current? As in leveled through iy during launch?
    I voted yes and I loved Vash'jir. I leveled two toons through it when current. I guess I am just skilled enough to not have a problem with controls or the camera. My only complaint is that it is quicker to swim up to the surface and fly around the zone then it is to use a mount in the water. We also have a lot more under water mounts so it would be cool to revisit the zone and make greater use of them.

It was the best zone to level and be in at launch if you were a leather worker. All of those eels to skin and profit from.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The only way I can see navigating vash to be an issue would be if you keyboard turned, i've never had issues nor understood the complaints towards it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    The only way I can see navigating vash to be an issue would be if you keyboard turned, i've never had issues nor understood the complaints towards it.
    Let me guess you played a DK or Pally or a druid?

Try it as a single target caster, in that sea of aggro with garbage targeting, and a bad camera angle ALL the time. (p.S. I was coming off of Realm First HLK, and soon to be Nelth. = not a key board turner. again I could tolerate one zone if done correctly. as someone said more than that,,, NO. They would need to give us Max cam back and do better with mob placement, aggro, and camera. Perhaps shorten the quest line ALOT, and toss in some walking land based "bubbles" for a break.

Vash was beautiful, but the play quality sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Sure, never bothered me.
    I feel the same as this person. Never understood the hate behind underwater zones.

It's interesting to me that no one seems to want this, yet everyone seems to want flying right off the bat in a new xpac.

So do you all see underwater zones are like giving us flying?

We have 1 underwater zone now and it is by far the emptiest zone in all of wow. Hopefully they are not stupid enough to make this mistake twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It's interesting to me that no one seems to want this, yet everyone seems to want flying right off the bat in a new xpac.

So do you all see underwater zones are like giving us flying?
    well yes, if flying was really, REALLY slow and all everything existed in 3d. You do not get a quest mot 75 yards up in the air usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Please, god, no.
    Worst zone in the game.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Wow, look at that nearly 50/50 split. Impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can go on record and say Vashj'ir was my favourite zone in Cataclysm, next to Twilight Highlands... I really liked the underwater zone, I didn't have navigation issues as much as pother people seemed to. I enjoyed the atheistic of the zone. it was beautiful to look at, loved the first area with all the ship wrecks... love love loved it.

But I totally understand why people hated it, but I do feel sadly in the minority that loved the zone

EDIT: oh judging from the poll it seems not lol :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-09-23 at 09:57 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Let me guess you played a DK or Pally or a druid?

Try it as a single target caster, in that sea of aggro with garbage targeting, and a bad camera angle ALL the time. (p.S. I was coming off of Realm First HLK, and soon to be Nelth. = not a key board turner. again I could tolerate one zone if done correctly. as someone said more than that,,, NO. They would need to give us Max cam back and do better with mob placement, aggro, and camera. Perhaps shorten the quest line ALOT, and toss in some walking land based "bubbles" for a break.

Vash was beautiful, but the play quality sucked.
    I have every class at 110, I main a mage. No idea why our experiences differ so much.

It's heart warming to see the split is actually about 50/50, up to this point I felt like I was one of the odd few that weren't experiencing some crazy navigational issues and loved the zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord when they do underwater zones it is horrible! You can't judge distance or anything..........so no, I will pass.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so not an underwater zone? just a zone... that has water around it?
    yes it IS underwater......