Thread: 3s DPS

3s DPS

Trying to get into DPS for 3s. I usually heal in PVE and PVP, I am not a high rated arena player at all but i do understand 2s from playing healer so much and a bit with 3s even though it is overwhelming and I am getting to the point where I am realizing that DPS is more fun to play. What are a couple classes that are easy to pick up for 3s specifically if anyone could help that would be awesome.

I think this will get locked, but before it does I can give some advice.

If you are looking to get started then you want to choose a class that does not have a lot of tools. So something that is mostly about damage and not about CC or lots of cooldown management or an overly complicated skill rotation. This would naturally lend itself to a melee class, but then you would not want to play something like a sub rogue that actually has a lot of things they have to do in order to succeed. After you get used to that for a while and you figure out where you need to position yourself (pillar humping and LoS are not just for mages!) then you will get frustrated with your lack of tools and want to move on to something else.

Based on that basic advice you could play a Frost DK, Arms Warrior or a BM hunter and get a feel for things. Those are the most basic classes that are mostly about damage and standing in the right place. Each of them has "moves" they can make to outplay the other team but they are not the basis of the class(it is damage! and more damage!). The damage is simple as well so you can perform decently while learning where to stand and when to be scared and when to be in the other team's face.

You should be a BM hunter and send your pets in while you afk! It's the biggest aids gameplay ever, frankly thats saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    You should be a BM hunter and send your pets in while you afk! It's the biggest aids gameplay ever, frankly thats saying a lot.
    I guess high rated arena is flooded with BMs :P

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    I guess high rated arena is flooded with BMs :P
    Right because OP is definitely high rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Right because OP is definitely high rated.
    Not if he goes with BM

Frost dk is the simplest by far, you press remorseless winter every 20 seconds, grip healer into it and root them for stun, use pillar of frost on cd and just spam all the abilities that light up.