Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Until we address the training of our police force, this will continue to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Do not get me wrong...shooting him was wrong. And if he had to shoot 1 shot would have already been over kill....but last time i checked ( something you did not mention) he took the police officers ammo clip . So he attacked a cop, took his ammo clip and try to run. So off all the shootings...this one i kinda get. ( still think its overkill ( no pun intended) to shoot 7 times). But the man could have not swung at the cop OR steal his ammo....and i think we would not be having this discussion.

But on the other hand...what is it with cops in the US. are they paid by the bullet shot or something. Shooting should always be the last option. And 1 shot is enough to take down a person. Only if he charges you after that shot, a other shot would be "needed".
    Any person who is trained to possibly use their weapon (police or even if you get your concealed weapons license) is told when you HAVE to shoot, you shoot until the threat is down. Simply put you don't know if they are wearing body armor, are high on drugs etc where 1 shot could hurt but not stop them, and they can still kill you.
    The other reason they at least told me in my class was simply that once you shoot ONCE you are already going to be sued so keep shooting because its better to be alive in court then dead with bullets left over.
    Thats just training.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Shitty american cops. What else is new.

The people who think this shooting was justified have been brainwashed, sorry.

What the fuck was the cop even doing? Looks like he was trying to break the kid's hand or something?

Yeah, and the police are somehow not corrupt?

Stop sucking their ass.
    How have we been brainwashed? There literally next to no coverage of good cops in the media. If anyone has been brainwashed, it's you and all the other cop haters.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Until we address the training of our police force, this will continue to happen.
    I know he should of fired sooner but even when your trained you can have hesitations.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I know he should of fired sooner but even when your trained you can have hesitations.
    That's not what I meant, and do not warp what I say into fitting your sad worldview.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That's not what I meant, and do not warp what I say into fitting your sad worldview.
    What exactly did you mean then?

We are not really going to pretend that attacking a cop is going to end well are we?

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Any person who is trained to possibly use their weapon (police or even if you get your concealed weapons license) is told when you HAVE to shoot, you shoot until the threat is down. Simply put you don't know if they are wearing body armor, are high on drugs etc where 1 shot could hurt but not stop them, and they can still kill you.
    The other reason they at least told me in my class was simply that once you shoot ONCE you are already going to be sued so keep shooting because its better to be alive in court then dead with bullets left over.
    Thats just training.
    I know that....but i do not agree with that. 1 shot and then if he moves...but there was no time in between shots. And you can also not know if the 1 shot is enough to take him down. So some time to wait is smart.

If that is what they teach you it is no wonder there are so many cop who kill people in the US.
    It might be time to change that....

I applaud this officer of the law for cleaning up the streets. One less demented homeless person out there harassing innocent civilians.

Did you see the part where he pulled out a knife, tried stabbing him in the face, and then wrestled the officer to the ground? This guy was asking to get shot, and the officer should have shot as soon as he saw him walking toward him with a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    I know that....but i do not agree with that. 1 shot and then if he moves...but there was no time in between shots. And you can also not know if the 1 shot is enough to take him down. So some time to wait is smart.

If that is what they teach you it is no wonder there are so many cop who kill people in the US.
    It might be time to change that....
    Yeah, no. When someone is attacking you you do not "wait" to see if they give up. in this case the police officer is under attack. If you dont want to get shot (by anyone, not just cops) DO NOT ATTACK THEM.
    If its me shooting my 15 round clip or "waiting" if the guy who broke into my house decides to not attack my kid im still going to empty my gun. It's just not feasible to do othwerise.
    You should google some of the times reporters and people like you who think its so easy went to the training cops get in these situations. Every single time the people either get killed by the assailant or shoot them and have to admit its not that fucking easy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You can clearly see had a knife. It even drops out of his hand after he fell on the ground. Why the hell is this news? He was attacking an officer. Why do people on this fucking website think you should be able to attack an officer and not receive negative consequences for your actions? Are you all insane?
    I don't know if one can say for certain that it was actually a knife.

I agree with this being a justified shooting, but I have seen nothing to show that it was a knife in his hand.

Deleted
    Stop resisting arrest you stupid imbeciles. Serves you goddamn right you get shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah watched this a few times, the cop had plenty of time to reassess the situation without using lethal force, this was murder.
    Please resist arrest. I'd like to see that "Evil cop" video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah watched this a few times, the cop had plenty of time to reassess the situation without using lethal force, this was murder.
    In this particular case I need to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Did you see the part where he pulled out a knife, tried stabbing him in the face, and then wrestled the officer to the ground? This guy was asking to get shot, and the officer should have shot as soon as he saw him walking toward him with a knife.

I would imagine, seeing this video, people will still insist that the cop was wrong for engaging in entirely legitimate self-defense. And yes, the cop absolutely should have shot as soon as he saw the suspect approaching him with a knife. Doesn't matter if the suspect is doing it because he is mentally ill (obligatory reminder that mentally ill people are more likely to be victims of violent crimes than perpetrators), he's a threat to others and it is the cops job to protect the bystanders. Or at least it should be. Technically it is the cops job to protect the State and property, but having them protect bystanders like this is nice too.

Deleted
    Oh noooo op SEVEN shots
    I am not A supporter of police violence but in this situation he could have fired of a truckload of bullets and still be in the right.
    Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post

Ya, that looks awfully like a knife or something in a stabbing motion towards the cops face.

Not only did this kid, guy, lead singer from my chemical romance deserve to get shot, but I am glad he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by snitcher geralt View Post
    it'd be easy to kill you without a weapon, a good cop doesn't give you that opportunity, if you're not listening to commands and being violent, you deserve to be shot

it's easy to not be shot, just don't be a dumbass, only dumbasses get shot
    Yet it only happens often in the US and third world countries.
    Makes you wonder, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Attacking cops can get you killed?

Horrryyy sheeeet, this is mindblowing. Literally.
    You are assuming this kid was fully sane. Reports say hes homeless. Id say theres something going on upstairs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Ya, that looks awfully like a knife or something in a stabbing motion towards the cops face.

Not only did this kid, guy, lead singer from my chemical romance deserve to get shot, but I am glad he did.
    You won't be so glad after they release a new album

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Oh noooo op SEVEN shots
    I am not A supporter of police violence but in this situation he could have fired of a truckload of bullets and still be in the right.
    Try again.
    >I'm not a supporter of violence
    >While supporting police brutality.

Sure, sure, you keep telling yourself that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    I applaud this officer of the law for cleaning up the streets. One less demented homeless person out there harassing innocent civilians.
    Yeah, fuck the homeless, they should not choose to not be poor!