Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I see forced labor as detrimental to be honest and I don't disguise the fact it would be horrible its weighing something truely awful versus centuries of continued neglect.
    Had you left well enough alone to begin with all would be well. Why the insistence on meddling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    The kind of imperium-building that is favored today is making regions economically dependent of others, and ultimately essentially subservient to the bigger economies. You don't conquer them: they are simply left with no choice but to assimilate.
    Cynicism aside I wouldn't be completely opposed to European investment in the area. Fund and build some energy plant (solar, nuclear, whatever they like) in exchange for some of the output.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Had you left well enough alone to begin with all would be well. Why the insistence on meddling?
    Perhaps you i right I honestly don't know it just feels as though all current efforts are wasted and ineffective at dealing with the root problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you i right I honestly don't know it just feels as though all current efforts are wasted and ineffective at dealing with the root problem.
    The root of the problem is your desire to do something at all. You are not the worlds saviors.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The root of the problem is people like you who screwed up their continent to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The root of the problem is people like you who screwed up their continent to begin with.
    The beginning of Africa being screwed up pre-dates colonialism and the Atlantic slave trade.

Fast forward to today, violence and starvation have been going down. The African economy has been growing. Overall things are pretty good, but it's modern tech that gives us heightened perception of the bad things.

Deleted
    Well.. what do you guys think countries do, when they invest in Africa (with China leading currently)? Does it matter if military conquers or you just buy all what has value?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The beginning of Africa being screwed up pre-dates colonialism and the Atlantic slave trade.

Fast forward to today, violence and starvation have been going down. The African economy has been growing. Overall things are pretty good, but it's modern tech that gives us heightened perception of the bad things.
    It seems in most cases when Europeans left, the country faced a sharp decline for decades only to slightly improve because they embraced some successful systems from those Europeans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Well.. what do you guys think countries do, when they invest in Africa (with China leading currently)? Does it matter if military conquers or you just buy all what has value?
    Careful now, that could be xenophobic depending on the skin color of the people owning that land

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Is your culture better or is it just a case of "might is right?"
    You're not answering the question. Does their culture deserve to be protected since it's very old and the one replacing it is from a different race?

10+ Year Old Account
    no

/10char
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You're not answering the question. Does their culture deserve to be protected since it's very old and the one replacing it is from a different race?
    Maybe a more useful question is, why does your culture assert the right to remake the world in its image?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Your suggesting a continent wide genocide? Really?
    for net good!

Today in Gen-OT, we learn that Primalmatter believes genocide of the African continent would be a net good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Today in Gen-OT, we learn that Primalmatter believes genocide of the African continent would be a net good.
    Considering his adamant defense for the terrorists in the Charlottesville attack, NO ONE should be surprised that a Nazi apologist is being a Nazi.

Had the idea while taking a stroll and I honestly wonder long term if a major country started to colonize and enfore their culture and laws on Africa if the country couldn't be turned around?

The way we keep on sending aid with no results seems kind of like a money pit so why not just bring the modern world to them?
    No. Also, Africa isn't a country. Perhaps someone should impose their culture on you. Canada is nearby and knows basic geography...

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm but what about doing it for their benefit rather then simply going after resources. It would be a project that would take well over a hundred years but if we place the child as wards of the state we could offer them a real education and a better life then they could of ever hoped for without it.
    The whole concept of colonisation is the opposite of "doing it for their benefit". And you'd be throwing all western values in the bin for that, too. So basically, you'd be spreading a selfish, hypocritical culture of arrogant bastards that think they are god's chosen on this planet. American Exceptionalism needs to be stomped into the ground, badly.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It seems in most cases when Europeans left, the country faced a sharp decline for decades only to slightly improve because they embraced some successful systems from those Europeans.

- - - Updated - - -

Careful now, that could be xenophobic depending on the skin color of the people owning that land

- - - Updated - - -

In all cases when Europeans left they left a country that forgot how to rule a country itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No. Also, Africa isn't a country. Perhaps someone should impose their culture on you. Canada is nearby and knows basic geography...

- - - Updated - - -

The whole concept of colonisation is the opposite of "doing it for their benefit". And you'd be throwing all western values in the bin for that, too. So basically, you'd be spreading a selfish, hypocritical culture of arrogant bastards that think they are god's chosen on this planet. American Exceptionalism needs to be stomped into the ground, badly.
    Why does American Exceptionalism need to be crushed exactly? Should it not be something to strive for?

I don't understand the value people assign to failed cultures and suffering people for the sake of whatt exactly...? The fact its different?

Is it better in your mind to be unique over being effective?

Why does American Exceptionalism need to be crushed exactly? Should it not be something to strive for?

I don't understand the value people assign to failed cultures and suffering people for the sake of whatt exactly...? The fact its different?

Is it better in your mind to be unique over being effective?
    No, American exceptionalism is quite disgusting. Especially since Americans don't excel at anything these days. They're a timid bunch of rather mediocre people that still dream about the days when they accomplished something...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, American exceptionalism is quite disgusting. Especially since Americans don't excel at anything these days. They're a timid bunch of rather mediocre people that still dream about the days when they accomplished something...
    They tend to not starve to death on mass...

That is a head and shoulders better off then most of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you mean "en masse" but are too ignorant to get it right. It seems like a solid guess considering how ignorant everything you post tends to be.

That is a head and shoulders better off then most of the world.
    Better dead than a slave.