Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So is the breeding of corgis, but most people don't bitch about them because they're an internet favorite.
    I'm not aware of any inherent genetic defects on Corgis.

As a matter of fact they are one of (if not the only) breeds of dogs that actually have normal sized legs that accompany their long bodies.

On the other hand pugs are literally created and born with respiratory and eye problems.

Yes every breed of dogs may have "common" issues (like big dogs and their hearts), but nothing that rises to the level and absurdity of pugs, nor the consistency.

Corgi's can have back/joint issues if the owners let them jump up and down from very high places repeatedly. Where as a pug is just born fucked up genetically.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-09-23 at 07:08 PM.

Saving Mayas lofe has doomed more than a few chickens that will be used for catfood so there is that....

As someone who volunteers at an animal shelter every weekend I can give you all some cold hard facts. My shelter is a “no kill” shelter.
    Approximately 1.4 million cats are euthanized every year.
    Of that number, shelters account for ~70%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nature takes the time and effort to weed these types of animals out of the gene pool, and humans do everything they can to save them.

Kinda like we do with similar humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly, I have to agree with this guy. This cat seemingly only got saved thanks to a sanctuary that is there to save odd looking animals. Then there is the hundreds of other animals that gets put down a year thanks to a limp, half a missing ear, no teeth, wrong colour, too big, too small or too old.

The cat was put to a kill shelter because it was considered having an even less chance than a normal cat in a shelter - nothing new.

The good part of the story is that it was rehomed, thankfully.
    Yep, cats get killed for far less reasons than this one. If a cat is too old it can be put to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Lot of people apparently like deformed dogs.
    Lots of dogs that shouldn't be alive.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2017-09-23 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the breeding of corgis, but most people don't bitch about them because they're an internet favorite.
    Don't get me wrong, I hate what we have done to all dogs, cute or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want it either, but she's probably not half as retarded as my cats are which is funny when you think about it.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-09-23 at 08:48 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    She kinda cute, thou I'm wondering what odd behaviour she has, it said that she had vision problems but not much else.
    Gona have to agree with pugs, they super cute as babies but they end up having so many health problems

I was expecting something very bad...

It's just an eye.

LOL. No. Corgis are considered a dwarf breed, which have spine and leg deformities. They also are genetically fucked up. There's numerous websites you can read about it. Here's one:
    http://siriusdog.com/osteochondrodys...ities-dwarfism
    You are right I was mistaken in my memory.

So I'm in the same boat as you (as I own Corgis and will continue to own Corgis) - however in my defense I still believe Corgi's have a better quality of life by a country mile over pugs.

I'm not judging you for owning or liking pugs btw, I just recognize the fact they are one of the most fucked up out of all the breeds along with this ugly fucker:

Bulldog breeds rank right up there as well.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a cat has an extra chromosome, it must belong to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Lots of dogs that shouldn't be alive.
    I won't advocate some mandatory cleansing of the current dogs, they're already born. But I would support a legislation that would ban the breeding of select deformed dog/cat breeds. People may find them cute, they are free to that opinion. But factually speaking, these select breeders are forcing deformities and hardships on these animals.

If someone wanted to intentionally create deformed babies through genetic means, most would call that inhumane. No reason why animals would be exempt.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I'll never own any pets again after my Lab died, I hate to see shit like this happen. Killing the poor cat because it wasn't up to standards? Maybe we should kill people with downs syndrome, or disabled people? They aren't up to standards of being a functioning member of society....

Then again, it seems to be happening in the UK at the moment..... Tories are fucking disabled people left, right and centre.
    Source of that? I happened to be disabled. I got ZERO points on my ESA assessment. Perfectly fit, no health issues. Told to claim JSA while I was waiting on my appeal. So I get JSA @ £73 a week, and severe disability premium @ £94 a week. Anyone see an issue with what I just said?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have loved her and named her Derples.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

It was only going to be sacrificed because it looked a little different? That's the only reason it's alive. If it looked normal it'd be dead.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how a cat like this wouldn't be adopted. I work at the SPCA and when we get little critters with unique qualities they're typically the first to find a good home before most of the others.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

ugly
    but glad that she found a home
    ugly or not every creature deserve some kindness and care

I hate the people who adopted the cat. Why? Because of the pretentious self-aggrandizing they are now doing over such a simple and unimportant act.

I wouldve adopted that cat in a heart beat!

I own 3 cats all from a shelter and 1 was a kitten thats eye was almost popping out so when i took it home i took it to a vets and had the eye removed so now she is a one eyed cat but adorable as hell and she is doing well.

Deleted
    They are also problematic.
    Buy a 'real' breed instead, not one of those monstrosities.