Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

One Killed, Seven Wounded in Church Shooting in Tennessee

One person was killed and seven others were wounded during a shooting at a church in Antioch, Tennessee, on Sunday morning.

The gunman arrived in the parking lot of Burnette Chapel Church of Christ in Antioch around 11:15 a.m. local time (12:15 p.m. ET) and fatally shot a woman as she was walking to her car, Don Aaron, a spokesman for the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said at a press conference.

"Six innocent persons inside the church were wounded by gunfire, they have been taken to area hospitals," he said Sunday afternoon.

After killing the woman in the parking lot, the shooter entered the main sanctuary door, which was at the rear of the sanctuary, Aaron said at a later press conference.

"After doing so he began indiscriminately shooting," he said.

A church usher confronted the gunman, Aaron said, and was "pistol whipped" by the man.

"There was a significant struggle between the two," he said, adding, "During the struggle, the gunman shot himself, probably not intentionally, in the left pectoral muscle."

The usher, who was a licensed gun owner, went to his vehicle and retrieved his own fire arm, returned to the church and "made sure that the gunman didn’t make any more movements until the police department arrived," he said.

The shooter, whom police have identified as a "26-year-old African American individual" was being heavily guarded in a hospital, and is not believed to have life-threatening injuries, officials said.

Aaron said police were not aware of any relation between the gunman and the congregation, but the investigation was still ongoing.

Police said there were a number of witnesses to the shooting in the church and they were being interviewed by the authorities.

The gunman was apparently wearing "a type of neoprene mask," Aaron said, adding that it was the kind of half mask a skier might wear.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nessee-n804321

Well, there goes that narrative that all church mass shooters are white

why do people in america shoot other people up so much ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why are you making this about race?
    Shame on him! He should know that race is only valid if the shooter's white!

Countering racial stereotypes is good isn't it? There's a joke in some subcultures that white kids are apt to go crazy and shoot up schools (mostly pushed by black racists).

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this were a white man shooting up a black church, it would be all over the news. Biased media coverage is what causes much of the racial tensions in this country.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Eagerly awaiting the hate crime crowd because shooter was black and congregation at this church is mostly white.

Yup, just waiting right here for all the people talking about how racist all black people are and that this person is 100% functional normal human being who is just pure racism incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    why do people in america shoot other people up so much ?
    Because they decided that the death is an appropriate price to pay for the freedom to carry bang sticks.

The real question I have is why it is news any more? I mean, the decision has been made to accept the price - why keep whinging about it ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No need to blame Americans. Whether it be firearms or sharp objects, violence happens around the globe - https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-...t-murder-rates
    I have a feeling asking "why are Mexicans so violent?" wouldn't be acceptable while the same question about a different country north of it is treated as only technically nation-bashing at best, and acceptable and legitimate the rest of the time.

Why not? If it was the other way around it sure as fuck would be
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No need to blame Americans. Whether it be firearms or sharp objects, violence happens around the globe - https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-...t-murder-rates
    Homicide rate in the US is 5-10 times as high as in western europe. That map is pretty distorted.

im curious about how quick this thread gets locked o.o

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, there goes that narrative that all church mass shooters are white
    Congratulations, you are the first post in the thread and you made this a race thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    People hate one another, as evident by everything seen around leading up before this. People always want to respond the same way because it is a relfex to default on the "What is going on" or "I don't understand"

And if you respond this way or have this reaction you are 1 of 2 types of people 1, Ignorant and not conscious of the world around or, 2, Just stupid and just like to act shocked to pretend you don't know what is going on to separate yourself from everyone else.

I mean I personally get it, people hate one another, if you have a weapon and access to make people pay for whatever you feel is wrong, if you have nothing else to lose why not?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    If this were a white man shooting up a black church, it would be all over the news. Biased media coverage is what causes much of the racial tensions in this country.
    Dude there is no bias in the media!

Just look at CNN's reporting on the quote from police describing the shooter in specific specific detail:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nessee-n804321
    Quote Originally Posted by NBC
    The shooter, whom police have identified as a "26-year-old African American individual"
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/24/us/ten...ing/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    The gunman, described by police as a man in his mid-20s
    No narrative being spun here, no sir.

Fucking racist NBC news

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    oh fuck off, it is all over the news

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because they decided that the death is an appropriate price to pay for the freedom to carry bang sticks.

The real question I have is why it is news any more? I mean, the decision has been made to accept the price - why keep whinging about it ?
    Because people who have no intention of changing the situation can make themselves look better by "feeling sad" about it.

But I suspect you knew that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How is it bias? Why does his race matter? Maybe the other networks mention his race to fulfill some agenda?
    Finally someone gets it. But lets see if you continue to get it when the racial role is reversed.

Judges say, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the usuals are showing their true colors.