Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I bet the new owners will get rich from that cat. Same as Grumpy Cat, which is a cat that can barely walk. At least this cat isn't as deformed.

And the US really needs to crack down on its pet problem. How many unwanted animals sit in shelters waiting for certain death? Thousands? Tens of thousands?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    They are also problematic.
    Buy a 'real' breed instead, not one of those monstrosities.
    People throw around the word monstrosity in regards to dog breeds without knowing the history of said breeds I see.

The supposed ancestor of the Corgi, the Västgötaspitz, is in fact one of the healthiest, cheapest dogs to get insurance for here in Sweden. The Corgi breeds are of a lineage as working dogs. They weren't shaped by dog shows for most of their history, but rather by what they were being used for.

Even pugs can be bred to have less squished faces and healthier overall physique. Since people won't ever stop buying a certain breed, the pressure needs to come from kennel clubs and judges on dog shows. Many breeds regarded as "real" or "normal" by the public, are in fact heavily afflicted by genetic flaws due to overbreeding to meet a popular demand.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-24 at 12:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    welp now thats a derpy cat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

People throw around the word monstrosity in regards to dog breeds without knowing the history of said breeds I see.
    Not really - this is from a century ago: (not a corgi, an english buldog just to be clear).

That's a modern one.
    Can you spot the difference?
    The modern corgi isn't that bad, but still don't buy dogs breed for 'cuteness'.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does that make it a Cat with Down Syndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    No, it makes it an MMO-Champion moderator candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Not really - this is from a century ago: (not a corgi, an english buldog just to be clear).

That's a modern one.
    Can you spot the difference?
    The modern corgi isn't that bad, but still don't buy dogs breed for 'cuteness'.
    We weren't talking the Bulldog, we were talking the Corgi. The Bulldog, while a trendy breed to bring up, has breeders trying to turn it around to its old physique. There won't be a "stop buying dogs for cuteness" since humans are very visually driven, and most MOST dog owners never practically use their dogs for anything but company and as such don't care about the work capacity of a breed.

Doesn't mean kennel clubs aren't putting pressure on health and mentality. Those that are not, should be pressured by higher instances of animal welfare laws.

One example of a relatively healthy Bulldog bred in modern day. Passionate breeders all over the world want to "outbreed" with Olde English Bulldog-blood, but so far the breed clubs are too fixated on the concept of "pureblooded" to allow it. I'm sure the day will come though, as more and more people become aware.

But I digress, I've said what I wanted to say in regards to the Corgi and its heritage as a working dog rather than a breed produced for looks.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-24 at 01:31 PM.

There was a study a while back about "pug faces" and longevity in dogs. The square face cut an average of 4 years of a dogs life with English Bulldogs being the worst with a life expectancy of around 4 - 6 years. I am guessing size comes into it as well since big dogs have shorter lives than smaller dogs.

Then you have fashionable dog breeds. Lassie almost ruined Collies and I would like to see what the current French Bulldog epidemic is doing to a breed that already has issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    And to think people purposefully breed and buy these ugly fuckers:

I agree. I believe that pugs and bulldogs are a testament to human cruelty against animals. Humans have created these races that have respiratory problems, crooked limbs with hip malformations and are unable to reproduce by themselves, because the puppies' heads are to big for normal birth. And all that for "aesthetic" reasons.

And yes, if you have a cat or a dog, have them neutered. That's why our streets are full of stray cats who end up in shelters to be killed. Not only is it cruel, it's a waste of money.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    That was how I described it at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    But I digress, I've said what I wanted to say in regards to the Corgi and its heritage as a working dog rather than a breed produced for looks.
    Yeah i could have been clearer about what i meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I won't advocate some mandatory cleansing of the current dogs, they're already born. But I would support a legislation that would ban the breeding of select deformed dog/cat breeds. People may find them cute, they are free to that opinion. But factually speaking, these select breeders are forcing deformities and hardships on these animals.

If someone wanted to intentionally create deformed babies through genetic means, most would call that inhumane. No reason why animals would be exempt.
    Technically a lot of those dog breeds can't reproduce without humans. Due to their deformities some need cesarean section done. So if humans didn't interfere then literally a lot of those type of dogs would die off.

God I fucking hate people

She's super adorable and I'm glad she found a home. Kill Shelters should be banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Unfortunately, they're a necessary evil. Owners need to start spaying and neutering their pets. We can't save every dog and cat. And really, what kind of quality of life would these animals be getting living in a shelter their whole life? Until people become more responsible, we'll have to keep dealing with their mistakes (unwanted litters).
    I understand, just sickens me :/

Deleted
    Cute little kitty
    People should be happy for this one instead of turning this tread into a shitload of "what about the other cats" Blabla cries.

The smiley face in the thread title came across as really fucked up until I actually clicked the thread and read the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?