Poll: Underwater Zone

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    How is that relevant?

It can't be that you're drawing parallels between a deadly, agonising disease and a completely subjective video game opinion, because that would be silly.
    People are contrarian asshats on this forum. Half of them are blinded by nostalgia and/or are in blatant denial.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

If they make the zone easier to navigate than Vashj'ir I'm fine with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Underwater soaking in 3d! Bring it on!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Because worlds are small and compact.
    but like zones of worlds can be?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    How do you guys feel about having another underwater zone or two in the next expansion?
    Would not mind.

One of the main reasons why I loved the Cata expansion is the underwater zone. Spent a bunch of time there and had great fun.

However, I doubt I'd return to the game if that was the only reason. I guess next Blizzcon will decide that.

Deleted
    Vashjr was a good zone so hopefully they will make a new one with some minor adjustments to help the simple people who can't deal with up and down. I suppose they just use ground mounts all the time or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Hmm we do indeed have different experiences then. Almost everyone I ever heard complaining about both the Occulus and Malygos back in WotLK disliked them because it was vehicle combat, and nothing at all to do with having a 3d space.

I mean, you could tell some people struggled with it, as evidenced by the amount of drakes people used to pull when circling the middle portion of the map before the second boss. But I always presumed those were the same sort of people who accidentally aggro every single trash mob they see in instances on the ground too, so I thought nothing more of it.
    I did also hear people voicing their dislike for vehicle combat, even in non-3d flying fights like Flame Leviathon. Taking people out of their "element" messed up more than a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    People are contrarian asshats on this forum. Half of them are blinded by nostalgia and/or are in blatant denial.
    Even if that's true, a lot of people sincerely enjoyed Vashj'ir. They aren't voting yes to be contrarian, they're voting yes because they like the idea of another underwater zone.

i loved vashj'ir (shocking i know) so i wouldn't mind another underwater zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Even if that's true, a lot of people sincerely enjoyed Vashj'ir. They aren't voting yes to be contrarian, they're voting yes because they like the idea of another underwater zone.
    The masses despised it during Cata. It's because it's been long enough that the cult of nostalgia has kicked in. Give it 5 years and people will be talking about how awesome WoD was.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    The masses despised it during Cata. It's because it's been long enough that the cult of nostalgia has kicked in. Give it 5 years and people will be talking about how awesome WoD was.
    Yeah, most people are BLINDED by nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Yeah, most people are BLINDED by nostalgia.
    That's usually in reference to Vanilla and sometimes BC but when it comes to Vash'ir it wasn't that bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Have no problem with it.

But i hope they can twink the minimap/map for a 3d world so you know if you need to go up or down.
    And traveling and combat under water needs work in my opinion.
    Some improvements already, as in a minimap dot (blip) will shown an arrow if it is any significant distance above or below your current elevation.
    Some nice themes, but the mechanics didn't work for me.
    If you have to fundamentally change how combat works, then that makes it clear there is an inherent problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Personally I thought Vash'jir was fucking awesome so if an entire expansion was like that sign me up!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I enjoyed Vashj'ir. I thought it was creative and beautifully done. I am sure the forums will fill with complaints if it happens, but how would that be different from how they are now?

- - - Updated - - -

We got both of these within the first few quests in Vashj'ir.
    yea but it's for those zones only any new underwater zone we wont have that.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Well apparently my nostalgia bone is broken, because I hate vanilla after experiencing current expansions, I found TBC to be a dull expansion after Wrath, and I enjoying Vashj'ir while it was current content. As in, during Cataclysm, while it was actually current, before the Molten Front patch was even out, I took every one of my five characters through it when they leveled, as opposed to Mount Hyjal, so when the Molten Front came out I had to go back and do Hyjal until I could access the new area on everyone but my main.

You can't just write off every positive statement about a thing as being nostalgia. It's arrogant and shows no awareness of differing opinions. Some people enjoyed Vashj'ir, even while it was current content. Deal with it. It's not the end of the world.

Went back to Vashj'ir a while ago and it wasn't actually that bad. It has its flaws, but I think they could pull off more underwater zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    yea but it's for those zones only any new underwater zone we wont have that.
    Sure, but my point was that they thought to provide those things right away last time, so there's no reason to think they would not do the same again. Or if they don't, maybe there will be some creative reason it makes sense not to. Idk, just my thoughts.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    People who voted no are the same people who want all zones to just be flat pieces of terrain.
    I voted no and I certainly don't feel that way. Water is slow, I don't want to be constantly moving at a snail's pace and trying to figure out the height that mobs are in a giant body of water so that I don't aggro everything around me.