Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No and no. Companions you do not pick up will become unavailable at the start of Act 2.

Corpse Eater is also not really doing anything I noticed when it comes to progress, you just get a bunch of random skills learned from that, but it's not a big deal as you just save pittance on tomes and most of the insight you get from it is "little Jimmy went to pick pretty flowers and suddenly a shadowy tentacle grabs him from behind, memory ends."

It does give you some more insight on something you know anyway in 95% of the cases. The rest 5% are usually some sort of side quest where it just allows you to cut corners and you'd get to the bottom line anyway, since there is almost always multiple ways to get around the problem anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Anyone tried to fight Alexander and Dallis at the very start of the game yet? Just did it on a level 5 Summoner/Ranger/Fighter/Shadowblade team and got an achievement and snazzy weapon for my trouble.
    I cheesed that fight on tactician.

Saw a post on reddit about how you can get two of the Deathfog Barrels from the skull-marked room on the boat at the beginning if you have 13 strength and a charge skill (have to charge into the room and run up and grab them before the Kraken tentacle hits them). I did that and then brought them with me to the island, really slow process but definitely worth... Its slow because the barrels weigh 95kg each, so you can only carry one in your inventory and still move. Had to manually click and grab the other and move it a little bit at a time through the ship, picking it up when I went up and down ladders and such and at the end when you get ported to the island.

Placed one next to Alexander and one of the Hammer's pets and shot it, instantly killed them... Then I teleported the other pet into the cloud. Just left with a few magisters after that.

Saving the other one for another boss.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-09-24 at 06:37 PM.

So caved and bought the game.

Currently doing a run as Fane (Undead character). Really enjoying it so far. Moreso than I enjoyed DOS1 actually. Love the bit of difficulty being Undead is adding to the game as well. Also love that I can use most other races specials by changing my face. Want to get some memories off that head I just ate (since being Undead I tend to eat a lot of people...) and maybe get a freebie perk? Slap on an Elf mask. Want to inspire my teammate (running Lone Wolf so it's just a party of two)? Slap on a Human mask!

Currently building him as a 2h/Necro so he is basically going to be King Leoric from D3/HoTS heh. My other member is the Red Prince. He is a Sword/Board atm with some Pyro. Not sure if I'll keep them as they are but hey....respecs cost nothing.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Ok one more question...

What would make a more survivable tank (in terms of self-healing) between these two:

A Necromancer or an Undead Geomancer throwing poison all over the place and then standing in it?
    The big problem with Undead is that :
    - All healing hurt them, and only poison and Necromancy can actually heal them.
    - Poison burns.
    The second part means that healing through poison will usually ends up with your character burning, not healing. "play dead" is my go-to answer to avoid getting Fane killed, because there is about no way to heal him in most fights.

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, is it possible to create a four chars party since the beggining?.
    I am asking to be precise if it is possible using the same method as in baldur´s gate 2, starting a multiplayer game and assigning all chars to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Out of curiosity, is it possible to create a four chars party since the beggining?
    Starting character amount depends on amount of players - start alone, you'll only create one character to begin with, play with friend and you both create your own characters, and so on. You can pick up companions very early into the game, so you wont be playing alone for long.

You'd need party of four if you'd want to make whole party of custom characters from beginning. Or once you have completed Act I, you can hire mercenaries as custom character fillers if you don't want origin characters in your party.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Starting character amount depends on amount of players - start alone, you'll only create one character to begin with, play with friend and you both create your own characters, and so on. You can pick up companions very early into the game, so you wont be playing alone for long.

You'd need party of four if you'd want to make whole party of custom characters from beginning. Or once you have completed Act I, you can hire mercenaries as custom character fillers if you don't want origin characters in your party.
    Yeah i know that, but can i start a multi game and then assign all the chars to me? that way i could play with a full party created by me.
    That is what i did in BG2 for playing with a full party created by me.
    Well anyway i will try it when i get back home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The big problem with Undead is that :
    - All healing hurt them, and only poison and Necromancy can actually heal them.
    - Poison burns.
    The second part means that healing through poison will usually ends up with your character burning, not healing. "play dead" is my go-to answer to avoid getting Fane killed, because there is about no way to heal him in most fights.
    Yeah but they're immune to bleeds. Having a ranger with a bit of geomancy to heal your undead is great. I actually find it easier to survive as them than as a mortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but they're immune to bleeds. Having a ranger with a bit of geomancy to heal your undead is great. I actually find it easier to survive as them than as a mortal.
    Custom undead characters aren't immune to bleed tho, most likely bug tho, as Fane is immune to them.

*Or at least wasn't before big patch, not sure if they fixed it in that as I completed my playthrough before it's release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Bae View Post
    Either way seems like you don't have to go the summoning route if you want some minions. I'm nearly summoning 10, so will see if i Like it's evolved form, otherwise i'll probably re-start and go for a Lonewolf Avatar build.
    The summon stat affects all these summons though.. So it's not bad to have even if you dont use the incarnate,

I actually found a decent divine spear with 10% crit, 3 warfare, 6 int and 2 necro. I actually prefer the spear animations to the other 2hander's, especially on a lizard where the animation looks and feels a bit awkward. So i have about 65% crit now which is pretty insane, i already hit around the 2k mark on auto attack per hit. Can see why people like necro so much now too, Bone shield gives me over 4k physical additional armour on top of the 3k i have already when i use it with one corpse. Fortify seems pretty much worthless in comparison now at level 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how is it? Did it disappoint?

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Its the first single player game i will finish in the last 7 years because i dont find it completely and utterly boring or same old same old same as everything after the first 2 hours.

Its quite good actually mostly because most quests are rather fun-ish.

And the combo of "Old mechanics but not annoyingly old with good graphics" helps a lot.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-09-25 at 10:33 AM.

Bleed can be easily removed with a heal, which also cure tons of bad effects and restore vitality and cost only 1 AP, and don't risk to explode in your face. I really don't see how a undead can be easier to keep alive than an identical character that is not undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Everybody says it is better than the first one.
    I have the 2 of them, but i decided to not play the second one, wait some time until it is complete, and i am playing the first one instead.
    The first one is, to put it simple, the best game i have ever played, and after 2 weeks i have just finished the first map/city, which means i have a throng of content ahead of me.
    I have been watching reviews, and critics and users say the second one is better, it has sold already more than 500.000 copies, has the all time record on steam for a CRPG of simultaneous users, and it is the second game in rating in metacritic after zelda BOTW.
    I can not even imagine a game better than the first one, but the only one who could be it is the sequel.
    I have been playing RPGs for the last 20 years, so imagine my surprise when i noticed this game is sooooo good.

Bleed can be easily removed with a heal, which also cure tons of bad effects and restore vitality and cost only 1 AP, and don't risk to explode in your face. I really don't see how a undead can be easier to keep alive than an identical character that is not undead.
    Pretty much this. Playing undead is not worth it. The poison heal pretty much works only at the beginning of the game. After a few hours you're just going to get your bony ass immolated all the time (and also spam-healed by enemies). Was good enough for my Necromancer/Warfare build though (even though they could really buff twohanded weapons).

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Everybody says it is better than the first one.
    I'm split about it.
    The writing is better, but I miss being able to roleplay both characters, which was a very interesting gimmick.
    The silliness is still present but toned down. I much prefer it (the first one was often immersion-breaking) but I guess it depends on people.

The mechanisms of fight are on the other hand MUCH worse in the 2, as is the number inflation. I don't understand what happened, but they botched it badly with the new armour system, the massive simplification of stat and the hardcoded initiative round robin.
    Finally, I'm still in Act II, but I've heard that the last one is also of a considerably lower quality. I'll have to see about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 Poison Dart is pretty much an instant full heal later on and that's a low level Geo spell, it also puts poison effect that heals over time too and you have whole bunch other poison spells and effects too. Restoration magic is nowhere close.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure it's better than the first one, both are damn good really.

Second one drops a bit by the end, but it's still a damn good game.

As for armor system, I'm actually fine with it because it prevents a shitton of savescumming you could do in first to fish for CC procs.

On the other hand I think I liked story of the first one more and ending was better, but on the other hand the world of the second is fuller, meatier with many outposts and such as opposed to wilderness of first and better and more conflicted than first with a lot of grey areas. IMO the part where you are sent to gain power at all costs and all the options coming from there as opposed to you being ultimately goodie two shows in first is a cool touch. Like you could be an asshole at first too, but not to the magnitude second allows and even encourages to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ..healing is barely a problem, even poison totems will shoot at you to heal you up.
    Heh, yeah - used three "healing" totems to keep my groups undead warrior up and going. It's nice that they added that part instead of only shooting enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    For you guys that have mentioned running mainly Physical groups, what skills and/or loadouts are you running? I definitely see that Huntsman/Ranger builds do a crapton of damage, but I'm finding melee builds to be severely lacking. I've tried 2H and Dual Wield, and the Dual Wield seems slightly better, but the enemies have so much mobility that they spend at least half their Action Points moving around. Meanwhile my spellcasters can sit as mobile turrets just blasting away and maybe just moving out of a bad Area of Effect. Even just using Wands seems like it is outdamaging melee, even more so if you have something like a Poison/Fire wand combo. Am I missing something?
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch