Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They're never going to release a raid/mythic race so close to a major holiday, they're all going to be out of the office and the raid will be buggy like raids always are. The 77 day will not apply this time around, guaranteed. So no, it isn't the "safest date", especially considering Mythic would open the WEEK OF the holiday.
    Didn't WoD release like November 16th?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Didn't WoD release like November 16th?
    November 13th.
    Vanilla was released November 23rd, 2 days before Thanksgiving.
    The 14th is crazy talk though, they'd never release anything THAT major around a holiday!

30b this week isn't really that much. I tryharded a little bit last week to see how much I could get and got 40b so the same effort this week would be 52b. Even then I didn't do all that much. I just made sure to do all AP WQs that were up and did TOS and NH raids plus AP missions and a handful of dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The 14th of November, you have decided is too close? Lmao..

WoTLK release - November 13, 2008
    Cata release - December 7, 2010 <--- <--- <---
    Patch 4.3.0 - November 29th, 2011
    Patch 5.1.0 - November 27th, 2012
    Warlords release - November 13, 2014
    Highmaul opened - December 2nd, 2014 <--- <--- <---

But no mate, please tell us more about how November 14th is too early.
    Would be a surprise if he comes back to the post.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    Im not that into math but since many said we can just chill at Artifact level 66 , I decided to double check it.

Assuming that 7.3.5 aka antorus is released at 14. November:

from artifact level 66 to 75 we need 1137.4billion ap

if we farm 30b this week and 30*1,3 the following weeks (aka next week 39b, the week after 50,7b... etc), we'll get about 960.45b.
    We will get 32b from weekly chest. (forgot what difficulty was necessary to get 1b ap in this weeks chest)

so we're at 992.45b, still missing 144,95b

question is: how much ap can we farm each day realistically w/o extra effort? (worldquests, invasions etc)
    we basically need to figure it out for this week and multiply it by 1,3 all following weeks

so yea, as it seems we will only get 75 in one specc if we go all in and farm daily until 14th november
    Let me correct that for you. You "only" need 875 billion AP for 66 to 75 and therefore you "only" need the equivalent of 27.4 billion AP each week including this one. This drops to 20.5 billion if you are aiming for mythic.
    Last edited by JohnRoads; 2017-09-25 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    Let me correct that for you. You "only" need 875 billion AP for 66 to 75 and therefore you "only" need the equivalent of 27.4 billion AP each week including this one. This drops to 20.5 billion if you are aiming for mythic.
    66 to 67 = 26,7b~
    67 to 68 = 34,7b~
    68 to 69 = 45.1b~
    69 to 70 = 58.6b~
    70 to 71 = 76.2b~
    71 to 72 = 99.1b~
    72 to 73 = 128.8b~
    73 to 74 = 167.5b~
    74 to 75 = 217.7~

yeah ur about right LUL
    that's relieving

Inb4 7.3.2 drops at nov. 14 and 7.3.5 comes on February

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Secondly, that is way, way way too many WQ's. It's mind numbing for me, personally.
    It literally takes 40 minutes to clear all 9 zones of AP world quests, if that's too much mmo's aren't the genre for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The 14th of November, you have decided is too close? Lmao..

WoTLK release - November 13, 2008
    Cata release - December 7, 2010 <--- <--- <---
    Patch 4.3.0 - November 29th, 2011
    Patch 5.1.0 - November 27th, 2012
    Warlords release - November 13, 2014
    Highmaul opened - December 2nd, 2014 <--- <--- <---

But no mate, please tell us more about how November 14th is too early.
    Highmaul wasn't a tier, Cata release isn't a tier. So please mate tell me when they released a tier raid a week before a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Can't be arsed. Heroic is unlikely to be tuned for level 75 artifacts.
    Why this assumption? As long as we're getting weekly AK increases then it's reasonable to say they could tune heroic at exactly 75 since it's a given that everyone will end up there even if it's not week 1 of raid unlock.

I def went a bit ham in the beginning weeks of Argus (already exalted with both factions) but I definitely find myself not wanting to grind AP quests anymore after that. I am currently 66.5 but I will def aim for 75 before Antorus. We only raid heroic but we have someone in our guild that is one of the top people in AP in the world (which boggles my mind LOL), he's already at 70 points.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-09-25 at 04:59 PM.

Dinging 66 today without ever really having farmed AP for the sake of it. Not planning to start now.

7+ Year Old Account
    casual as hell and i have AK at at least 55 on 3 toons just from doiing wq daily. its not hard to do and sometimes can be pretty fun.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Farming AP at low level AK, like right now, is a pretty big waste of time.

Just do it naturally with your normal activities, then go on farm mode once you reach max AK.

Because all the extra work you do now will be doable in 1% of the time then.

It literally takes 40 minutes to clear all 9 zones of AP world quests, if that's too much mmo's aren't the genre for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Highmaul wasn't a tier, Cata release isn't a tier. So please mate tell me when they released a tier raid a week before a holiday.
    Nice goal post moving you're doing there. Too obvious tho, so 0/10

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    AP is a huge success, keeps the average player playing. Nobody cares about 0,1% mythic raiders that want everything at once ASAP.
    Even as an average player, it just feels bad when you see the Crucible saying you only need 2 more levels, but then realize chances are, you're gonna have to wait a week or two until AK catches up to make the next level more obtainable without feeling grindy.

Personally at 64 at the moment for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    casual as hell and i have AK at at least 55 on 3 toons just from doiing wq daily. its not hard to do and sometimes can be pretty fun.
    AK is automatically granted now, all characters are at the same AK level.

you probably mean artifact level, which 55 is pretty easy to get to, and doesn't unlock any of the Crucible stuff until level 60 anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Farming AP at low level AK, like right now, is a pretty big waste of time.

Just do it naturally with your normal activities, then go on farm mode once you reach max AK.

Because all the extra work you do now will be doable in 1% of the time then.
    Well if you want 75 when new raid launches, you cant really do that. Max AK is about 11 weeks from now, raid will come sooner than that. And even if you wait 5-6 weeks to start farming so the AK is high enough, then you wont have enough time to hit 75, since WQs/raids/dungeons are limited, and the only way to farm is to run m+, and to get the needed AP for 75 just by running m+ in such short time you'd have to do like 20 m10s per day for 2 weeks.

That said, AK and AP are horrible, like the legendary system. We all know why Blizz did it, so they can milk the cows, so the players cant just unsub till something new comes out but they have the incentive to keep playing, but its still a shit system. We complained so long for having to do dailys in the past, this system is MUCH MUCH worse since it "forces" you to farm a lot more.

It's ok if you only play a main, if you play alts its really hell. They made the game so its very easy (easier than ever, I mean, argus tokens and ur 880-900 in few seconds after hittin 100) to gear up alts but addes a lot of mechanics that penalize new alts since you have to be lucky to get the legendaries you want, you need to farm AP to get the traits on the crucible, its really lame.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2017-09-25 at 05:12 PM.

What's the hangup on being 75 when antorus releases? stop looking at it like a job and just play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Actually the NLC unlocks accountwide and every character of mine who went to Argus could unlock tier 1 of every relic (+5 ilv) when on the ship (they all had 51 points, no idea if it works below that) - same as all the waypoints are immediately unlocked...I was surprised to say the least
    I know that Crucible is account wide, but you don't get any of the 2nd tier traits until level 60 I believe, and then 63 from there (I think it's in 3 level increments)

The flat +5 ilvl boost to relics is usable though by any toon who's at least taken the ship to Argus if you did the whole questline once.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Even as an average player, it just feels bad when you see the Crucible saying you only need 2 more levels, but then realize chances are, you're gonna have to wait a week or two until AK catches up to make the next level more obtainable without feeling grindy.

Personally at 64 at the moment for what it's worth.

AK is automatically granted now, all characters are at the same AK level.

you probably mean artifact level, which 55 is pretty easy to get to, and doesn't unlock any of the Crucible stuff until level 60 anyway.
    then i am more than 60 on all of em. .closer to 70 ill warran as i have all cruicible stuff unlocked on main and 2 prime alts
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    then i am more than 60 on all of em. .closer to 70 ill warran as i have all cruicible stuff unlocked on main and 2 prime alts
    By Crucible stuff, I mean the shadow/light talents, and the 3rd tier which allows you to have a 2nd relic trait. The +5 ilvl boost can be used even with no artifact levels I'm pretty sure, but you'd have to actually try to have that little in your artifact at this point.

I was unaware a raid having tier gear suddenly make it more prone to bugs.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-09-25 at 05:32 PM.